Golf course to industrial Park??

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Golf course to industrial Park??

Post by alanjh595 »

Golf courses provide many good paying jobs from greens keepers, pro shop staff, caddies, booze cart girls, restaurant staff, mechanics, landscapers, ball boys, driving range employees, and course marshals, to name just a few.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

CoK - don't idle for more than a minute or we'll fine you for greenhouse gasses!

Also CoK - let's mow down this green carbon sequestering space and fill it with carbon-emitting industrial land!

The message is sure mixed.

Screw it, I'm gonna idle the diesel for 61 or maybe even 62 seconds tomorrow.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Screw it, I'm gonna idle the diesel for 61 or maybe even 62 seconds tomorrow.
That is easy obtained while waiting in a Tim Hortons drive thru for a coffee and a muffin.
Bring back the LIKE button.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Pretty obvious unless it consists of concrete, glass and steel and is 26 stories high, council doesn't give a rats *bleep*.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

We cannot afford to lose any more public golf courses on the bottom of the valley. Michaelbrook, Kelowna Springs and Shadow Ridge are on the radar for elimination. The fees are getting ridiculous and its no longer affordable.
As far as green space is concerned, is there no other industrial area available? Apparently there's property out by the dump. Or how about all that property north of McCurdy. The city didn't seem to have a problem in getting ALR land released for their parking garage of 40 acres. What about that super plant behind the airport that's is not going to be built by BC Tree Fruits.
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

What!!??

Fewer golf courses?? Say it ain't true! "How DARE they!" as my dear pony tailed eco-grinch friend Greta would say.

I can't imagine all those folks having to drive their Lexus's'es'ez, Beamers and Teslas more than 10 minutes to recreate in such a beautiful agricultural environment that epitomizes the very existence of urban ALR under a CRA chapter of corporate investment.

Miriam-Webster Dictionary
ag·​ri·​cul·​ture | \ ˈa-gri-ˌkəl-chər \ Definition of agriculture: the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products

Watch out for the Herford trap on 12 and please ball drop out of the rutabagas on 11.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

UhHuhYeahSure wrote: Aug 30th, 2022, 10:29 am What!!??

Fewer golf courses?? Say it ain't true! "How DARE they!" as my dear pony tailed eco-grinch friend Greta would say.

I can't imagine all those folks having to drive their Lexus's'es'ez, Beamers and Teslas more than 10 minutes to recreate in such a beautiful agricultural environment that epitomizes the very existence of urban ALR under a CRA chapter of corporate investment.

Miriam-Webster Dictionary
ag·​ri·​cul·​ture | \ ˈa-gri-ˌkəl-chər \ Definition of agriculture: the science, art, or practice of cultivating the soil, producing crops, and raising livestock and in varying degrees the preparation and marketing of the resulting products

Watch out for the Herford trap on 12 and please ball drop out of the rutabagas on 11.
The courses that are being axed are the ones on the valley floor. The small flat economical courses. They are the only places the average Joe can afford to play. It's a huge cource with our seniors as well. Your comment is a nothing but ignorance and trolling.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:up: :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
dcipher
Übergod

Post by dcipher »

bigtimeoperations wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 11:56 pm We are all about world class golf courses like Tower Ranch, Quail and Bear, Shannon Lake, Gallaghers, etc. Ones that offer 'million dollar views' that the Albertans are obsessed with for some reason. "Hey lets go golfing at Kelowna Springs on our visit", said no golfing tourist ever.
It never ceases to amaze me that humans can't advance beyond primitive tribal bigotry even when it a makes no rational sense at all - the overlap culturally, economically, and in the very populace itself between BC and Alberta is so profound that acting as though major group differences can be easily identified is foolish indeed. Even more so when it comes to "views" while golfing...

About 70% of tourists last year were from within BC, and about 13% were from Alberta. I'm sure the wealthy from BC (and the not so prosperous) enjoyed the views in a similar manner to the wealthy from Alberta.

PS. having driven hundreds of thousands of km in both provinces, I'd also anecdotally say that the drivers are roughly equally poor, but that won't stop that smear from coming up every month either.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

bigtimeoperations wrote: Jul 25th, 2022, 11:56 pm We are all about world class golf courses like Tower Ranch, Quail and Bear, Shannon Lake, Gallaghers, etc. Ones that offer 'million dollar views' that the Albertans are obsessed with for some reason. "Hey lets go golfing at Kelowna Springs on our visit", said no golfing tourist ever.
Never ceases to amaze me about the bragging of the local "world class" golf courses.........I've been to some very fine golf courses in my life and NOTHING mentioned above is remotely close. If you read it in some travel guide, rest assured somebody paid to have that lie printed.........but, that's the name of the game that goes on around here.

These small, second rate courses (as some say) are very important to the MANY who do not have the means to go to the overpriced pastures. My father golfed since he was a kid and could have been a pro at many courses back in the 60's and 70's if he wanted to take a pay cut and turn into an drunk. When he retired in the 70's he was a long term member of Michaelbrook well into his eighties........in his LAST game of golf because of macular degeneration setting in he got a "Hole In One".........his THIRD.

These small courses play a very important role here for not just seniors but for all ages, male and female.

Our bought and paid for city council (including city hall) do not give a flying :cuss: about anything other than satisfying the pockets of the likes of Jonathon Friesen and too many of the other developers......... :cuss: 'em all!
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

:up:
lesliepaul wrote: Aug 31st, 2022, 11:05 pm
Never ceases to amaze me about the bragging of the local "world class" golf courses.........I've been to some very fine golf courses in my life and NOTHING mentioned above is remotely close. If you read it in some travel guide, rest assured somebody paid to have that lie printed.........but, that's the name of the game that goes on around here.

These small, second rate courses (as some say) are very important to the MANY who do not have the means to go to the overpriced pastures. My father golfed since he was a kid and could have been a pro at many courses back in the 60's and 70's if he wanted to take a pay cut and turn into an drunk. When he retired in the 70's he was a long term member of Michaelbrook well into his eighties........in his LAST game of golf because of macular degeneration setting in he got a "Hole In One".........his THIRD.

These small courses play a very important role here for not just seniors but for all ages, male and female.

Our bought and paid for city council (including city hall) do not give a flying :cuss: about anything other than satisfying the pockets of the likes of Jonathon Friesen and too many of the other developers......... :cuss: 'em all!
:up: :up:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:up: :up: :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

alanjh595 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2022, 9:36 pm Golf courses provide many good paying jobs from greens keepers, pro shop staff, caddies, booze cart girls, restaurant staff, mechanics, landscapers, ball boys, driving range employees, and course marshals, to name just a few.
a golf course is going to employ 50 people . an industrial park will employ 1000
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

voice of reason wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 6:40 pm
alanjh595 wrote: Aug 22nd, 2022, 9:36 pm Golf courses provide many good paying jobs from greens keepers, pro shop staff, caddies, booze cart girls, restaurant staff, mechanics, landscapers, ball boys, driving range employees, and course marshals, to name just a few.
a golf course is going to employ 50 people . an industrial park will employ 1000
Yeup .. and "ball boys' are usually found at a BASEBALL park and work for a cheeseburger after the game .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

voice of reason wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 6:40 pm
There is tons of space for industrial that isn't currently a golf cource. We can have both

Return to “Central Okanagan”