Ukraine war/President/news

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by gertlush »

At least Putin has a plan, or, an overall objective and the plan is flexible.

Our plan, as far as i can tell, is total Russian defeat and regime change. Lots of maximalist talk anyways. And some rumblings about Bojo sabotaging peace talks in April.

Its looney tunes, but I guess so long as Ukrainians are willing to die the war goes on.

I love the counter offensive-for 6 months every time a Russian gets a flat tire its all over the internet. But the big push is "top secret", tells me they just lost a bunch more people dead.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

gertlush wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 5:34 pm But the big push is "top secret", tells me they just lost a bunch more people dead.
Yes, even journalists who support Ukraine say so:

On top of it, Ukranian special forces tried to capture the nuclear plant right before UN delegation got there - I assume the plan was to hold it with less risk of Russians fighting them with UN team present. But they got completely destroyed. Oh, and UN delegation made it there.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Yeah that commando raid sounds like something else.

Looks like Russkies have turned off the taps. So let me get this straight - basically all of Europe is about to shut down its steel, cement, pulp, aluminum, chemical etc industries... and then all the follow on industries. It will be lockdown x 10. Oh, and deal with skyrocketing inflation and a developing war with Russia.

Meanwhile the US spends another 13 billion! For just Q4!
1line item was very interesting, 4.5 billion to fund the Ukrainian govt. So the yanks are now effectively bankrolling the entire Ukraine, and directing their war effort.

This is some crazy times
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

gertlush wrote: Sep 2nd, 2022, 5:44 pm Yeah that commando raid sounds like something else.

Looks like Russkies have turned off the taps. So let me get this straight - basically all of Europe is about to shut down its steel, cement, pulp, aluminum, chemical etc industries... and then all the follow on industries. It will be lockdown x 10. Oh, and deal with skyrocketing inflation and a developing war with Russia.

Meanwhile the US spends another 13 billion! For just Q4!
1line item was very interesting, 4.5 billion to fund the Ukrainian govt. So the yanks are now effectively bankrolling the entire Ukraine, and directing their war effort.

This is some crazy times
Me, As a sideliner here….isn’t it almost as if European countries are going to war with their own citizens who probably wanted nothing to do with the conflict in the first place?

Now those citizens get to enjoy freezing in the dark and without benefit of grandma’s home baked buns to keep them warm, because grain supplies were blocked off. And, no fuel to bake those buns

This is black comedy that even Cohen Brothers could not match
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

I mean, the only answers are either

1-theyre all working for the russians or
2-theyre a bunch of self serving, incompetent buffoons just hoping it blows up on the next guys shift

A German minister even said something to the effect "i dont care what my voters want, we are supporting ukraine"
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Impressive...

Not sure what I like the most about this video? Is it the teddy bear? The tree trimming? The HARMS? Or maybe just the obvious question that arises...

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Even Steven wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 8:28 pm
gertlush wrote: Sep 1st, 2022, 5:34 pm But the big push is "top secret", tells me they just lost a bunch more people dead.
Yes, even journalists who support Ukraine say so:

On top of it, Ukranian special forces tried to capture the nuclear plant right before UN delegation got there - I assume the plan was to hold it with less risk of Russians fighting them with UN team present. But they got completely destroyed. Oh, and UN delegation made it there.
You really are a sucker for Russian propaganda. [icon_lol2.gif]

First off and obviously, journalists who support Ukraine abide by the news embargo. Accredited journalists are still reporting heavily vetted stories and yes, Ukraine is suffering some losses. It's a war, and if a video of a destroyed tank means the offensive is over, the Russians lost this war a long time, and at least 2000 tanks, ago.

Secondly just because some talking head says, "terrible video from Kherson... won't share much, but.. was a failure". Doesn't make it true. Here's one of the terrible videos he won't share and I'm not even going to attach a warning, because there's nothing remotely graphic about it. And it sure as hell doesn't show a failure.

https://twitter.com/TpyxaNews/status/15 ... hVpuNqFgVA
Sept 1 (Reuters) - Russia's Defence Ministry said on Thursday that Ukrainian forces had attempted to seize the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in southern Ukraine.

Reuters could not immediately verify the reports.
And here we are, Septemeber 4th and no one on the planet has been able to verify this report yet.

Kind of like when Russia launched the hyper-sonic missile into the old nuclear warhead storage facility. Every granny, that's ever wanted to be dominated by a shirtless, old, 5 foot 7 inch dude on a horse, was screaming about what a game changer that was. [icon_lol2.gif]

Everyone with an OSINT interest searched every single source of satellite footage they could find.

Turned out to be typical Rashist misinformation. The video, the defense minister ran with his statement, showed an empty warehouse 1200 kms away being hit with a missile - nothing more.

There's some video evidence (and a whole lot of photos) that suggest the above is right on the mark.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566133485126950914

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566133126610526210
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Seems like a poor way to conduct the propaganda/info war.

Russians - "we crushed the counter offensive, heres pictures of dead bodies to prove it"

Us - "umm, well, its top secret mmmkayyy. Cause them dirty russians might get our plans off msnbc broadcasts.
And besides, these things take time, ya know."
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Sep 4th, 2022, 10:41 am Seems like a poor way to conduct the propaganda/info war.

Russians - "we crushed the counter offensive, heres pictures of dead bodies to prove it"

Us - "umm, well, its top secret mmmkayyy. Cause them dirty russians might get our plans off msnbc broadcasts.
And besides, these things take time, ya know."
April 30th 2022

September 4th 2022

Rashist talking point... "we've held them off of a week, the counter offensive has failed".

Now a brief look at reality.

Oopsy, the Antonovsky bridge has gone boom again.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566345995977375744

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566479949082632192

What airdefense doing?

Well, the short answer is this particular Pantsir-S1 anti-aircraft system is currently resting in the recovery position, after running into HARMS way.

Not all the systems are resting, some of them just fall to pieces under pressure.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566557906593615873

The other thing we know, and that has been demonstrated many times, is sometimes the Russians don't get the postage right when they "send" an S-300. Those get returned to sender...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1565166588235460608

Nothing new. It's been a thing for a long time and estimates are around 20% failure rate.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1562996787710869504

https://www.military.com/video/guided-m ... 7044289001

Of course, not all S-300 systems are prone to that particular type of failure. Some of the S-300 systems simply fail to hold enough air to make them scary looking.
Untitled-4.gif
That's got to be embarrassing, when you can't keep your S-300 up. [icon_lol2.gif]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557404757714665474

:smt045

I doubt you've noticed, but the Russian's don't seem to have much respect for the victims of their propaganda. (and frankly, a reasonable person might ask, why would they?) Russians tend to show unfiltered pictures of dead Ukrainians to keep the victims captured under their spell. Ukrainians on the other hand are very guarded in how they show the war to the world and seem to respect the fact that not everyone needs, wants, or should see the aftermath of their military operations.

That doesn't mean those pictures don't exist. I happen to know of a couple of repositories that contain pictures of dead Russian soldiers. They are meant to be shared with people inside of Russia and they are not pretty. (and I'm not sharing)

One of them contains 1400 images and close to 450 videos. It represents approximately 3000+ "peaceful" Russian invaders.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Anyone seen the movie "Charlie Wilson's War"?

The last time we threw caution to the wind and armed "whomever we could" (child molsting tribesmen in Afghnastian) to get the Russians - how did that work out for us?

This time around : unlimited arms to the most corrupt country on the planet and Nazis!

What could go wrong?

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Sep 5th, 2022, 12:16 pm Anyone seen the movie "Charlie Wilson's War"?

The last time we threw caution to the wind and armed "whomever we could" to get the Russians - how did that work out for us?
There was no caution thrown to the wind, it was a calculated move that collapsed the Soviet Union and de-escalated the Cold War for 20 years. It led to self determination for a number of eastern European countries that had otherwise been subjugated to Moscow and communism.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Did you know that Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan had to be told to ignore when tribal leaders traded 11 year old boys as sex slaves between tribes?

Not throwing caution to the wind eh?

Arming terrorists to fight the Russians led to 9/11 and the most costliest war that has ever been fought (war on terrorism). War in Iraq, war in Afghanistan and the government created the Department of Homeland Security which is bigger than the NSA FBI CIA and the IRS combined.

I'm sure all the people that died in New York being crushed by the World Trade Center are glad to know their lives were lost to defeat the champions of communism!
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Mazdatruck wrote: Sep 6th, 2022, 9:16 am Did you know that Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan had to be told to ignore when tribal leaders traded 11 year old boys as sex slaves between tribes?

Not throwing caution to the wind eh?

Arming terrorists to fight the Russians led to 9/11 and the most costliest war that has ever been fought (war on terrorism). War in Iraq, war in Afghanistan and the government created the Department of Homeland Security which is bigger than the NSA FBI CIA and the IRS combined.

I'm sure all the people that died in New York being crushed by the World Trade Center are glad to know their lives were lost to defeat the champions of communism!
The topic is present day ukraine . Russia is the terrorist here . Case closed .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

captkirkcanada wrote: Sep 6th, 2022, 9:20 am The topic is present day ukraine . Russia is the terrorist here . Case closed .
You wish it was... but its not.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

hozzle wrote: Sep 6th, 2022, 9:51 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Sep 6th, 2022, 9:20 am The topic is present day ukraine . Russia is the terrorist here . Case closed .
You wish it was... but its not.
Don't talk about the last time we armed terrorists to fight the Russians...

...this time we're arming organized crime Nazis in Ukraine to fight the Russians!

Whataboutism!

Return to “World”