International Wildfires

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: International Wildfires

Post by JagXKR »

Yes, they are going into Washington State.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FGD ... 0018Z/CYYF
Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 18-11-36 FGD137 Conair Aviation Flight Tracking and History 2022-Sep-11 - FlightAware.png
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Yes! Between Tonasket and Omak:
306525158_5989535724393420_5991992773475403027_n.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
DebSS
Fledgling

Post by DebSS »

PM'd BC Wildfire and they extended the contract to Sept 13 the 3 Conair planes. Sure is a need when you see Washington request help. I have been on the Okanogan Fire site all afternoon watching the Crumbach fire. Holding at 100 acres. Keeping track of the planes flying over head and listening to their scanner requesting help from us. 25 years isn't a lot to me for a plane. This is a prime example of getting rid of something that is still useable. With the fire down on Steven's Pass and standing at 2000 acres, they needed the help today for the fire closer to Tonasket. Glad our planes could help.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

DebSS wrote: Sep 10th, 2022, 7:09 pm PM'd BC Wildfire and they extended the contract to Sept 13 the 3 Conair planes. Sure is a need when you see Washington request help. I have been on the Okanogan Fire site all afternoon watching the Crumbach fire. Holding at 100 acres. Keeping track of the planes flying over head and listening to their scanner requesting help from us. 25 years isn't a lot to me for a plane. This is a prime example of getting rid of something that is still useable. With the fire down on Steven's Pass and standing at 2000 acres, they needed the help today for the fire closer to Tonasket. Glad our planes could help.
:up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

DebSS wrote: Sep 10th, 2022, 7:09 pm 25 years isn't a lot to me for a plane. This is a prime example of getting rid of something that is still useable.
Huh? The planes are way way older than 25 years. The 3 were built as follows
444 - 1954 (68 years old)
449 - 1957 (65 years old)
455 - 1955 (67 years old)
Interesting their combined age is 200. :biggrin:
Finding parts for these antiques is very hard. Conair will have a large fleet of Q400's ready for next year. Much better plane.
As for the date they were to leave and the extension, BCWS needs to give Conair a contract for their service with a date when the service is to cease. The extension is being used due to the current situation and may be extended again.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

The 3 Convairs left today. Q400's next year.
455 did a pass over the runway on the way out and dropped water.
Here's the flight track
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/FGD ... /CYYF/CYXX
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

JagXKR wrote: Sep 10th, 2022, 9:22 pm
DebSS wrote: Sep 10th, 2022, 7:09 pm 25 years isn't a lot to me for a plane. This is a prime example of getting rid of something that is still useable.
Huh? The planes are way way older than 25 years. The 3 were built as follows
444 - 1954 (68 years old)
449 - 1957 (65 years old)
455 - 1955 (67 years old)
Interesting their combined age is 200. :biggrin:
Finding parts for these antiques is very hard. Conair will have a large fleet of Q400's ready for next year. Much better plane.
As for the date they were to leave and the extension, BCWS needs to give Conair a contract for their service with a date when the service is to cease. The extension is being used due to the current situation and may be extended again.
Well they def put in some service . Time for retire :up:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I thought this was a really nice post on facebook:

Bill Kresge>Osoyoos Oliver South Okanagan Fire Watch

Hi, I'm with the Tonasket Fire Department down here in the States. We were first responders on the Crumbacher Fire Saturday and were very grateful for the aid we received from the Penticton Air Tanker Base that day.
We watched as the three Conair Convair bombers dropped their loads in our vicinity and a couple of guys commented on how old those planes were and what a great job they had always done. We didn't know it at the time but apparently we had the honor of being present for their last firefighting flights. Then to find out that one of the pilots, Grahame Wilson, was retiring after this fire with over 40 years of service with Conair, well that's kind of a big deal.
We'd like to get something to them to thank them for their years of service and to wish Mr. Wilson a happy retirement. I've been trying to get an address that would make sure what we send gets to the right people at the right place but getting that information from your government has been about as frustrating as getting information from my own. If any of you might have that information I'd appreciate your sharing it with me. Thanks.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

:up:
Neighbours helping neighbors.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

ferri wrote: Sep 15th, 2022, 12:40 pm I thought this was a really nice post on facebook:

Bill Kresge>Osoyoos Oliver South Okanagan Fire Watch

Hi, I'm with the Tonasket Fire Department down here in the States. We were first responders on the Crumbacher Fire Saturday and were very grateful for the aid we received from the Penticton Air Tanker Base that day.
We watched as the three Conair Convair bombers dropped their loads in our vicinity and a couple of guys commented on how old those planes were and what a great job they had always done. We didn't know it at the time but apparently we had the honor of being present for their last firefighting flights. Then to find out that one of the pilots, Grahame Wilson, was retiring after this fire with over 40 years of service with Conair, well that's kind of a big deal.
We'd like to get something to them to thank them for their years of service and to wish Mr. Wilson a happy retirement. I've been trying to get an address that would make sure what we send gets to the right people at the right place but getting that information from your government has been about as frustrating as getting information from my own. If any of you might have that information I'd appreciate your sharing it with me. Thanks.
For sure this was a nice thank you. And so polite, too. :up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown

Return to “Fire Watch 2022”