Ukraine war/President/news

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by gertlush »

The ever more shrill and alarmist propaganda in the West is a big tell, things are collapsing for Kiev and we in the West have run out of time.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

So far - what has been our response to Putins latest upping of the ante? The EU said they were gonna sanction something. Biden issued a stern rebuke, or was it a firm denunciation? Zelensky yammered at the UN. Ok... well the Russkies have a bunch of new soldiers coming.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Scratch pad calculations...

Su 25 about 11 million.
Su 30 about 20 million, so two of them is 40 million.
Su 34 about 40 million.

Huh, 91 million in pieces on the ground in 24 hours. Not a bad day. Totally sustainable. [icon_lol2.gif]

There's some good news for the Putin fanboys. ADS-B exchange shows another IL 76 run from Iran, landing in Crimea, so that's a pain that will need to be dealt with. More Shahed 136's likely. (Iranian Kamikaze drones.) Ukraine only managed to shoot down 6 of those yesterday. One managed to hit an office building in Odesa.

gertlush wrote: Sep 24th, 2022, 1:33 pm So far - what has been our response to Putins latest upping of the ante? The EU said they were gonna sanction something. Biden issued a stern rebuke, or was it a firm denunciation? Zelensky yammered at the UN. Ok... well the Russkies have a bunch of new soldiers coming.
What do you figure the appropriate response should be?

Myself, I laughed out loud, but I'm not suggesting that's what Joe Biden, or any of the other world leaders should do.

:130:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Gimme a break,

Vlad "im bringing 300,000 more troops and nukes, you have been warned"

Us "omg, like, Russians totally drink, look at em... and, oh ya, like, my friends dad has a brother who is in the CIA, and he like totally says that the price of potatoes is like mega now, omg! We can totally do this # ukraine 4evas"
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I just realized, if you took the dumbest human on earth,
someone like Melanie Joly ("I support you if you want to croak over there")
this dumb person would realize:
1 - Ukraine has a pipeline from Russia going through it
2 - Ukraine had the Black Sea Fleet on it's territory - Russia - a Superpower - was paying rent
3 - One third of Ukraine are Russians.

And there's more, but even the dumbest people would know UKRAINE CAN'T BE HOSTILE TO RUSSIA and should stay neutral.

So from now on we can call it America's war. It's not Putin's war. American warmongers made this war and is now making
$billions from it. Every Canadian paid into America's war. And see the price of food now? $4.00 for organic galas. $7.00 for grapes. Thanks American warmongers. :swear:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Thinktank wrote: Sep 24th, 2022, 4:48 pm I just realized, if you took the dumbest human on earth,
someone like Melanie Joly ("I support you if you want to croak over there")
this dumb person would realize:
1 - Ukraine has a pipeline from Russia going through it
2 - Ukraine had the Black Sea Fleet on it's territory - Russia - a Superpower - was paying rent
3 - One third of Ukraine are Russians.

And there's more, but even the dumbest people would know UKRAINE CAN'T BE HOSTILE TO RUSSIA and should stay neutral.

So from now on we can call it America's war. It's not Putin's war. American warmongers made this war and is now making
$billions from it. Every Canadian paid into America's war. And see the price of food now? $4.00 for organic galas. $7.00 for grapes. Thanks American warmongers. :swear:
If the numbers you make up, and the factors you consider important impress you, who am I to argue?

I know for a fact people slightly smarter than the dumbest person on the planet won't read the Budapest Memorandum. Matter of fact, one of them even quoted a paragraph from John Mearsheimer on this thread, while being completely oblivious to the fact he published an article in 1993 warning of this exact situation we're looking at today.

What do these words mean to you?

The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.

ETA: Budapest Memorandum? Actually wait... I know you won't read it, so let me break it down for you. At the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Ukraine was the third most powerful nuclear power on the planet. It didn't just hold Soviet nuclear assets, it made them.

It had:

130 --- UR-100N intercontinental balistic missiles (ICBM's) that each held 6 warheads.
46 --- RT-23 Molodets (ICBM's) that held 10 warheads each.
33 --- Heavy bombers

Roughly 1,700 nuclear warheads in total and the capacity and technical knowhow to make more. As you mentioned, it also had the black sea fleet and the ship building capacity. What it didn't have was the desire to hold the world hostage to a nuclear threat and imperial ambitions to attack its neighbor's.

Thus, the Budapest Memorandum. Ukraine destroyed the warheads, and the capacity to make more, in exchange for security assurances going forward. December 5, 1994 is when that paragraph above was signed.

Negotiate with the Russians? [icon_lol2.gif]

Who are you people trying to kid? The Russians are unilaterally tearing up the second most important Nuclear Non-Proliferation agreement made in my lifetime. "Shame on me" - no! Shame on you, for sleeping through history classes and taking the peace and security you've known for granted.

:topic:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

This whole mess started in 2014 when a democratically elected government (election recognized by the west) was overthrown, apparently democracy dosen't matter as long as its a government we don't like being overthrown. Than you had this quasi-fascist government that's taken hold ever since openly racist against Russians.

https://twitter.com/NinaByzantina/statu ... ive%3Dtrue

Remember many in Ukraine consider this guy a national hero:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Bandera

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national ... azi-hunter
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

WESTman wrote: Sep 24th, 2022, 8:09 pm This whole mess started in 2014 when a democratically elected government (election recognized by the west) was overthrown, apparently democracy dosen't matter as long as its a government we don't like being overthrown. Than you had this quasi-fascist government that's taken hold ever since openly racist against Russians.

https://twitter.com/NinaByzantina/statu ... ive%3Dtrue

Remember many in Ukraine consider this guy a national hero:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Bandera

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national ... azi-hunter
You're awfully good at asserting opinion as fact. Hilarious is the fact you want me to view an actual neo-Nazi's twitter feed. White Nationalist, antisemitic conspiracy theorist Richard Spencer's ex-wife. You can't be serious? No, I take that back, you probably are... :smt045

For example, Stepan Bandera is a national hero if, and only if, you believe a Russian produced TV show that aired in 2008. If you go by more scientific measures, (and I know you won't from past experience) a KIIS survey produced for the Annual Conference of the Canadian Political Science Association, Montreal, June 1-3, 2010, shows 5% of Ukrainians expressed "very positive" and 8% "mostly positive". Whereas 29% of Ukrainians had a "very negative opinion" and 16% had a "mostly negative opinion".

Do you even read the articles you link to? I mean it's right there on the Wikipedia page. All the exact same disinformation technique we know and love from Covid. Nina even has "ResearchGate" papers on her twitter feed to push the same conspiracy TT is pushing above. All they need to do is give you a line and a link and you all start repeating... over and over again. What did Joesph Goebbels call you guys? Useful something-or-others. (Credit to the German people, the gov't was feeding them pervitin (crystal meth) like it was smarties. Now a days all it takes is a counter narrative, a link (they won't read it) and a twitter feed.

35% of Ukrainians believed the organizations associated with Bandera were involved in the mass murders of Ukrainians during WWII.

http://www.cpsa-acsp.ca/papers-2010/Katchanovski.pdf

35,000 Ukrainians, mostly of Jewish descent, were slaughtered in two days at gunpoint near Bucha, by NAZI soldiers. (Real NAZI soldiers, not the fictional pretend ones Putin created to dehumanize Ukrainians and gain support for his war.) You know, the folks that actually hate and look down on Jewish people, like Nina and her ex-husband Richard Spencer. (OMG, I'm still laughing at that one.)

Here's a photo of the Drobytsky Yar memorial after the Russian invaders desecrated it, in early March.

Bet that Russian propaganda pipeline you're connected to didn't mention any of that, right?

Why is it always the same crowd? Why can't they ever stay on topic?

*** Ukraine Russia war NEWS ***
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

Bandera was involved in the massacre of Jews and Poles not traditional ethnic Ukrainians.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

JLives wrote: Sep 24th, 2022, 11:32 am
Thinktank wrote: Sep 23rd, 2022, 12:36 pm

George Soros, the Hungarian-born billionaire behind the globalist open borders Open Society Foundation, has been named the second-most influential figure in Ukraine according to a prominent Russian-language Ukrainian newspaper.

The Kyiv-based newspaper points out that, “through the organizations financed by him, Soros can influence economic and political life in all of Ukraine.”

The paper writes that Soros, who is known for his active involvement in Ukraine’s economic and political life for more than 20 years, maintains a unique position of power through the Open Society Foundation and the dozens of other organizations he funds in the country.
https://rmx.news/article/soros-second-m ... n-ukraine/

:up:

Now why would he be that important to Ukraine, I wonder? But I like the youtube comments on the lizard-like guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVyxUyaQ1o
Can someone please send me in the direction of Soros' time management book? How does he do it all? I must know.
Next james bond movie , 007 vs Soros [icon_lol2.gif]
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 24th, 2022, 10:14 pm push the same conspiracy TT is pushing above. ...
there's that word again - conspiracy.
cellar-ukraine.jpg
Breaking News: Russian Kids terrorized in Donetsk - America's war.

The war in Ukraine was started in 2014 by the Americans. :smt045

$5 billion corrupt American dollars flowed into Ukraine after the pro-Ukraine president, Victor Yanukovich - was booted out by America. That's when Victoria Nuland, the goon hired by Obama, gave cookies to the Ukrainian people to show them she considers them to be dogs - here's a treat.

Also, George Soros (is he a lizard) - hated for the way he screws people over, all over the world was so satisfied when he said "that was the birth of the new Ukraine" when snipers opened fire in Kiev killing seventy in 2014 - and injuring hundreds and :cuss: ing on democracy.

Notice she also :cuss: s on democracy? Now Canadian taxpayers are paying for the war in Ukraine. Did you hear the news? Freeland is shoving our $billions into the war, while one kid in five in BC lives in poverty. Canada joined the war by giving $billions, and now we might be nuked - thanks Chrystia - you war loving idiot.

Does anyone else find it funny, when the Americans started the war in Ukraine - on Donetsk -
bombing their airport, and slaughtering 14,000 people, and terrorizing (genocide) those people for eight years - it was in the most prosperous area of Ukraine?

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

This you?

I mean seriously, when your best off topic argument is a short clip, void of any context what-so-ever, on the "Soviet Union channel" with 20 followers... maybe you should sit this one out?

:topic: - Ukraine Russia war News.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

It's nuanced they'll tell me. Stepan Bandera, George Soros, Victoria Nuland, Victor Yanukovich, 2014. Oh 2014, it all started in 2014, in fact there was no history worth considering before 2014, except for that period in the 40's, but nothing else. There's 32 years that simply didn't happen.

Budapest Memorandum - nope.
Kharkiv Pact - nope.
Fraud accusations around the 2012 election - nope.
Minsk Conundrum - nope.
Victor Yanukovich fraud charges - nope.

...the list goes on - and on, but it's nuanced they'll tell me.

Those 32 years don't matter, just like international law, duly signed agreements and international boundaries. To the "it's nuanced crowd" the fact that Russia negotiated an agreement with Ukraine for the lease of the bases in Sevastopol makes perfect sense, "because Crimea is Russia". *Insert bewildered dog with head tilted sideways smile here*

Anyways, I don't know how to argue with these folks and I'm even less sure why anyone would.

So hey, how about a couple rounds of "pick your fighter"?

The first one I've got is set up for the non-twitter users in the crowd.

Here we go... Pick your fighter:

https://www.tiktok.com/@net_fix_show/vi ... 4124334479

or,

https://www.tiktok.com/@artembohachov/v ... _webapp=v1

Round 2 (sorry non-twitter dude, you're out) ... Pick your fighter:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573674983380979714

or,

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573681606732267521

Round 3... Pick your fighter:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573676412602556418

or,

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573760500193705984

Me, I'm on the side that isn't threatening you with the use of nuclear weapons, the side that respects international law and the side that carries itself with dignity. The side that every political party that sits in Ottawa is on. Russia can't win this war - and they won't. It's hard to imagine anything good coming out of a war as ugly as this is. Myself, I just hope when all is said and done, the Russian people will fight for a better life for themselves. At least half as hard as they are fighting for a better life for Putin and his gangsters.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1573997205723222018

ETA: I had to go searching for this song. I prefer the metal version, but this one has far better videography.

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

Drip_Torch wrote: Sep 25th, 2022, 11:29 am

The guy on the far left is waving Bandera flag...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30655184

https://notesfrompoland.com/2022/07/01/ ... -and-jews/
~C. S. Lewis

Return to “World”