Ukraine war/President/news

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Sep 29th, 2022, 2:45 pm We have paid for this war on our credit card, the Brits just hit the wall, Germans are, Italians are... Uncle Sams cupboards are bare.
You keep saying stuff like that. It's always (including today) wrong. I take it you don't use google either?
MOSCOW, Sept 20 (Reuters) In televised remarks, Mishustin said the budget gap would be covered mainly by borrowing. Last week, the Finance Ministry returned to local debt markets for the first time since Russia sent tens of thousands of troops into Ukraine, triggering unprecedented Western sanctions that have locked Moscow out of international debt markets.

Mishustin estimated government revenues of around 26 trillion roubles ($433.6 billion) versus outlays of 29 trillion roubles for 2023 ($483.7 billion).
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 022-09-20/

And the following day, Putin announced a "partial mobilization" of a minimum of 300,000 and a maximum of ... oh wait, sorry that's a secret.

Here's your Kherson region map as of two days ago.

Huh, wonder if the Antonivsky Bridge (which is currently Kaput and in striking range) is the reason why Germany, despite what you just told me, announced yesterday that they are sending 10 Bridge systems, 3 Medium bridge systems and 90 heavy duty truck trailers... amongst other stuff?
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Sep 29th, 2022, 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

So the despot forced a quick sham gun-point referendum, which predictably voted ~90% to join the despot.

How about Ukraine quickly also do a reverse-referendum asking people in the affected area, if they want to stay part of Ukraine.
Last edited by nepal on Aug 11th, 2023, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Vladimir Solovyov seems to be running out of copium.

Russian Media Monitor - - -> https://twitter.com/i/status/1575550915855392768

Breathe Vladimir breathe...

7 months solid for me, but whatever... at least he's catching on.

This is an update from pro-Russian "War Gonzo" - he's had his running shoes on for a few weeks now and seems to be losing weight.

Keep in mind when he states "there are still people there..." That's the approximately 3000 trapped Russian soldiers.

A Russian Uran-6 unmanned mine clearing system successfully cleared a Ukrainian mine, as planned, I have to assume.

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^^ [icon_lol2.gif] :130: :up:

Thanks.
Yes, Ukrainian forces are still loosing men and material, however the all mighty Russian army is having a hell of a time.
As long as the west continues to have a stomach for this proxi war, Russia will be and is in hard in trying to take and hold ground.
Love the posts Drip. :130:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ukraine President Zelenskiy

Post by Thinktank »

JLives wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 10:52 pm ... President Zelenskiy ... but never realized what a badass he was
:up: :up: :up: I can't think of anything more "tough" and "heroic" than sending and forcing and coercing young men to die.

No. 1 on The Jerusalem Post's Top 50 Most Influential Jews of 2022: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
There are not many political leaders who find themselves elevated to icon status, but Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky became one of them this year.

With an artist’s keen eye for the importance of optics, Zelensky began exclusively wearing olive green T-shirts. He embarked on a world tour via Zoom to admonish Western governments for insufficiently helping him beat back Russia, customizing the speech to fit each capital’s history and concerns.

His toughness and courage have become legendary and earned him comparisons to Winston Churchill. There’s little evidence that he actually said “I need ammunition, not a ride” when US President Joe Biden offered to evacuate him from Kyiv, but it seemed like something he would say, and that was enough for the quote to go viral.
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky, the most influential Jew in the world.

Zelensky could have struck a peace deal with Moscow a month ago that surrendered only that which he had already lost — the Crimea, the Donbass and NATO membership ambitions — while purging Nazis from the government and armed forces who he insists were never there to begin with.

But instead the “big fool” chose to believe his own propaganda, take advice from Washington and push on deeper ...

https://www.jpost.com/50-most-influenti ... cle-717707
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Another draft order just dropped.

120,000 new men aged 18 to 27 who are not reservists and not subject to the other conscription laws will be conscripted to volunteer for Military Duty and Military service.

In fairness, the draft order also provisions the dismissal from military service, starting October 1, those whose term of service has expired. Wonder how that, all plays into this...
Untitled-1.jpg
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

THEY ARE FIGHTING (and dying) FOR DEMOCRACY in Ukraine - Noodleman.
Notice Shmyhal and Reznikov were not elected.
The person who was elected was overthrown by Noodleman and USA and these two clowns
are trying to push the world into WW3 - for democracy - but they were not elected.

They were appointed by the third clown. :smt045

That - is democracy.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ze ... 022-09-30/

Well there you go, Ukraine has applied for NATO membership.
Has to be an unanomous yest vote from other members to let them in I believe.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

seewood wrote: Sep 30th, 2022, 11:19 am https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ze ... 022-09-30/

Well there you go, Ukraine has applied for NATO membership.
Has to be an unanomous yest vote from other members to let them in I believe.
I was wondering what took so long. but good for them. All of Europe is already at risk with this war, so they might as well admit that and defend ukraine, kick out Russian soldiers to where they belong. Putin wouldn't stop with Ukraine. Putin doesn't need 300,000 more troops on top of the ones he had already, just to take over ukraine. He's gearing up for something bigger.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Like what plans exactly?

Initial invasion force roughly 180,000 vs. Ukes 250,000
Ukes have conscripted 300-400,000 since then
Russians now undermanned, as evidenced recently.

NEVER underestimate American nihilism, they will destroy Europe to save it. They just inflicted a generation of economic damage on the Germans. Look to Iraq, Afghan, Libya etc to see what happens once the yanks break stuff and lose interest.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Reframe it in your mind. Instead of "plucky democracy needs our help to fight off evil empire" think "declining imperialistic power will stop at nothing to preserve its place on top of pecking order"

Obama said Ukraine was not in Americas strategic interest, whats changed?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

gertlush wrote: Sep 30th, 2022, 12:24 pm Like what plans exactly?

Initial invasion force roughly 180,000 vs. Ukes 250,000
Ukes have conscripted 300-400,000 since then
Russians now undermanned, as evidenced recently.

NEVER underestimate American nihilism, they will destroy Europe to save it. They just inflicted a generation of economic damage on the Germans. Look to Iraq, Afghan, Libya etc to see what happens once the yanks break stuff and lose interest.
Ukrainian total military 400,000, Russia 1 million, hardly undermanned, now they call up reserves of which they have 2 million.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Ok, then it begs the question of what Ukraine is up to? Theyve ruled out talks with the Russians and pledged to liberate the annexed areas, how? Sharks with laser beams on their heads? The Turks and Hungarians wont agree to their NATO bid.

Brazil, China and India all abstained from the recent UN condemnation vote.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Sep 30th, 2022, 12:42 pm Reframe it in your mind. Instead of "plucky democracy needs our help to fight off evil empire" think "declining imperialistic power will stop at nothing to preserve its place on top of pecking order"

Obama said Ukraine was not in Americas strategic interest, whats changed?
Ugh... off the top of my head, Russia invaded Ukraine. I would have thought that was apparent by now. Hello, non-proliferation agreements, self-determination... democracy... these aren't high level concepts?
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Hello, non-proliferation agreements, self-determination... democracy... these aren't high level concepts?

Return to “World”