Ukraine war/President/news

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

bb49 wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 8:25 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 7:56 pm Aiming at civilians.
Very pragmatic or a war criminal?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-63208576
I think it boils down to one thing, Russian soldiers are no match for Ukraine soldiers, but they are a match for Ukraine civilians.
1.2 million dollars to smoke a mother and her two children walking over a pedestrian overpass to get to a playground at 8:30 am. Never mind what kind of a monster signs off on action such as that, what I really want to know, is what kind of a mental midget spends the better part of his day defending it from halfway around the world?
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

DELETED
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

There is a pattern here.

More and more brazen attacks are being launched against Russia and Washington is doing little to hide US fingerprints.
Why?

The Biden Administration seems to be moving us closer to nuclear war over Ukraine and Biden himself seems to know it. Last week he said, Putin “is not joking when he talks about potential use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological or chemical weapons…” For the “first time since the Cuban missile crisis, we have a direct threat of the use [of nuclear weapons] if in fact things continue down the path they are going.”

If he knows that his proxy war against Russia is moving us closer to the unthinkable – nuclear annihilation – why does his Administration persist in crossing red line after red line? Apparently, Biden’s “experts” believe that Putin is bluffing and will do nothing about the Dugina assassination, the Nordstream pipeline sabotage, and the Kerch Bridge attack.

But what if they’re wrong? :135:

>> https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... uclear-war
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Putin thought he could just take Ukraine with ease and Ukraine couldn't stop him, while the west wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. So the West has two choices: let Putin pick off one country after another, or support countries which are willing to stop him. I don't see how we can blame that on Biden. Does one woman's death, and a pipeline plus a bridge really justify nuclear war in Putin's mind? No he has much bigger ambitions. He just didn't realize how weak his military is. His advisors must have told him they were in great shape.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Oct 11th, 2022, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

I take no sides, however came across a short clip showing the moment of explosion at the bridge.
Video title reads : 'Crimea Bridge Suicide Truck Bombing'

From what I see, that heading and any mention of it being a truck-bomb may be false.

Have a look at the clip and see a shower of sparks and smoke coming from the far right, thereafter moving towards the left of the screen.
I considered wind, though if it had taken place on the bridge, by a truck, wouldn't the after-effects of the blast be raining down evenly, and not off from the right side of that bridge? :135:

Regardless, the escalations are not looking good.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QDl26gZR0lIa/
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Cause of fire on bridge is simple, Russian officials say a fuel tanker caught fire.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 11th, 2022, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 6:56 pm Why can Finland join NATO, but Ukraine can't?
Why can't Mexico form a military alliance with the Chinese and place Chinese military bases and missiles complexes in Mexico?

Is Mexico independent?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Mazdatruck wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 7:50 am
PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 6:56 pm Why can Finland join NATO, but Ukraine can't?
Why can't Mexico form a military alliance with the Chinese and place Chinese military bases and missiles complexes in Mexico?

Is Mexico independent?
Ukraine Russia war NEWS
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Mazdatruck wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 7:50 am

Is Mexico independent?
:topic:
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I bet now they wish they did not attempt to blow up the bridge.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

BC Landlord wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 7:03 pm
my5cents wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 6:37 pm
??? DID SOVIETS INVADE A NATO MEMBER IN 1962 ? NO
That was exactly my point. Soviets back then did NOT invade a NATO member to provoke such a reaction from the US. They just wanted to turn Cuba into a Warsaw Pact member, a stone-throw from the American soil. Exactly what Ukraine is aspiring nowadays.
Off topic so final comment.... Taking action against Cuba in 1962 had nothing to do with NATO or the invading of anything. It had to do with an antagonistic government (cold war) Soviet Union, placing nuclear weapons in a country near the US.

The Ukraine (if they do) joining NATO does not present a threat to Russia UNLESS Russia invaded.
BC Landlord wrote: Oct 10th, 2022, 7:28 pm I suppose, actions (as on display in Ukraine) speak better than words. The "despot", as you put it, may not be our favorite figure, but we've got to give him a credit for being very pragmatic.
  • prag·mat·ic
    /praɡˈmadik/
    adjective
    dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
I think Putin, launching rockets at civilian target in Ukraine, is the opposite of pragmatic. When you have invaded a country the invaded country has the right to defend themselves. Defending, includes attempting to interrupt supply lines. Doing so is just good military stategy.

Retaliating for such an act by bombing civilian targets, is not militarily advantages, well at least not for the aggresor. What it does do is it expends munitions and demonstrates poor leadership and a lack of understanding of military stategy.

All this talk about "was Ukraine responsible for the attack on the Kerch, oh it's so bad". Malarky, it was great military stategy, if the Ukraine did it (and I think they did), they have absolutely nothing to appoligize for.

Really,,,, Russia invades a soverign country, and that county blows up a bridge that is use to supply and re-supply invading forces, and Russia cries that it was a terrorist act ????
  • ter·ror·ism
    /ˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
So bombing a bridge used by an agressor to aide in the invation of a country, seems very legitimate and warranted and part a legitimate defensive military stategy. Invading a soveriegn country, and now sending rockets into civilian areas of that country that have no military value, in retaliation of a sound military tactic sure sounds more like terrorism to me.

Any banana republic can launch rockets into civilian areas, a strong well lead military picks their fights with the other country's military, but that takes good intel, good planning, good leadership and competant personel all lacking in the Russians. They are demonstrating their ineptness, I'm sure to the relief of the allies.

A bully has picked a fight with a perceived weakling, and is getting a leason. I feel sorry for the Russian people, they are being horribly mislead, like some on these forums.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Even Steven wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 8:41 am I bet now they wish they did not attempt to blow up the bridge.
It was wrong and is wrong to bomb civilians period. However I think military strategists supporting Ukraine see this retaliation as clear message that Putin doesn't know what he's doing.

This is like the bully picking a fight with a smaller kid and getting his butt kicked, so the bully then goes and smacks the smaller kid's sister in retaliation. This wasn't a sign of strength, it was a sign of weakness.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 11th, 2022, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Challenging moderator. I suggest you read the rules.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 11th, 2022, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.

Return to “World”