Ukraine war/President/news

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 11th, 2022, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Russia Now Devastating Ukraine In Latest Escalation

So everyone knows, it's better for the environment for Germany to buy gas from Russia
but USA made the war so they could sell more expensive, worse for the environment - liquified gas to Europe.

Like every other war, USA )and Canada) is killing Ukrainians for their own financial gain.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

my5cents wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 9:02 am It was wrong and is wrong to bomb civilians period. However I think military strategists supporting Ukraine see this retaliation as clear message that Putin doesn't know what he's doing.

This is like the bully picking a fight with a smaller kid and getting his butt kicked, so the bully then goes and smacks the smaller kid's sister in retaliation. This wasn't a sign of strength, it was a sign of weakness.
You do realize when NATO bombed Serbia, Iraq and Libya they went after civilian infrastructure, right? Many western military analysts I'm sure were puzzled why Russia didn't do this on the first day of the conflict. Imagine if they had bombed every bridge over the Dnieper river, would have made it very difficult to supply the Ukrainian military on the whole eastern side of the country.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

my5cents wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 8:57 am When you have invaded a country the invaded country has the right to defend themselves. Defending, includes attempting to interrupt supply lines. Doing so is just good military stategy.

So bombing a bridge used by an agressor to aide in the invation of a country, seems very legitimate and warranted and part a legitimate defensive military stategy. Invading a soveriegn country, and now sending rockets into civilian areas of that country that have no military value, in retaliation of a sound military tactic sure sounds more like terrorism to me.

Any banana republic can launch rockets into civilian areas, a strong well lead military picks their fights with the other country's military, but that takes good intel, good planning, good leadership and competant personel all lacking in the Russians. They are demonstrating their ineptness, I'm sure to the relief of the allies.
Land grab is not as easy as what war criminal Vladimir Putin first thought.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

I really hope someone takes out the pig putin before anymore innocent women and children are slaughtered from him. :cuss:
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

DataCruncher wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 3:55 am I take no sides, however came across a short clip showing the moment of explosion at the bridge.
Video title reads : 'Crimea Bridge Suicide Truck Bombing'

From what I see, that heading and any mention of it being a truck-bomb may be false.

Have a look at the clip and see a shower of sparks and smoke coming from the far right, thereafter moving towards the left of the screen.
I considered wind, though if it had taken place on the bridge, by a truck, wouldn't the after-effects of the blast be raining down evenly, and not off from the right side of that bridge? :135:

Regardless, the escalations are not looking good.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QDl26gZR0lIa/
I can tell you this much, there's something very off in both the video angles that have been released. I'm not convinced it was a truck bomb, but I'm very convinced there's something Russian authorities don't want anyone to see. I immediately downloaded all the HD footage I could find and running it through my NLE I see something very strange as the white flash (presumably the camera processor getting overloaded) happens. The truck is still there for at least two frames as the white flash appears to be working its way across the screen from the bottom to the top (like a wipe transition would).

(Disclaimer: Hobbyist video skills, it could just be an artifact created in the compression. Seems obvious to me the surveillance system would be non-interlaced and perhaps when it was compressed for the web they interlaced it.) Still, something seems off.

News: For every action...
More troops and equipment will be sent to the Baltics and Romania to increase NATO's presence in eastern Europe in the coming months, France's Minister of Defense Sebastien Lecornu said on Tuesday.

Additional forces will be sent to Estonia and Rafale fighter jets to Lithuania
It's not a huge presence and I have yet to see if it bolsters NATO standing forces, or simply allows other members to rotate out, but many hands make light work.

https://news.err.ee/1608746905/france-t ... nd-romania
Untitled-2.jpg
https://twitter.com/AnitaAnandMP/status ... 7504276483
Lord Dannatt discussed reports of Ukraine's air defence knocking down up to 43 of the 80 missiles fired by Russian troops. The former head of the British army also discussed seeing a message from a contact about how Russian right-wing ultra-nationalists were angry with Russian President Putin. He claimed that the ultra-nationalists were annoyed that the Russian dictator spent $200m on firing at meaningless targets in Ukraine. Lord Dannatt went on to compare Russia's weaponry with Ukraine's gifted top-of-the-range weapons systems.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ul ... 02420005b7
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Oct 11th, 2022, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Bizarre messaging from the G7 today, apparently "we" will "hold Putin to account" and "support Ukraine as long as it takes"

Followed closely by the great headline "Yellen urges G7 countries to disburse funds earmarked for Ukraine"

Us "Hang in there buddy, we are here for you"
Ukraine "Can I have tanks and cash?"
Us "Uhhh, yeahhh.. Let me just check my other jeans, sure I had some bucks in there"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

my5cents wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 9:02 am It was wrong and is wrong to bomb civilians period. However I think military strategists supporting Ukraine see this retaliation as clear message that Putin doesn't know what he's doing.
I really doubt that the strikes are solely retaliation for the bridge bombing attempt. The bridge is small potatoes, despite being fairly strategic. There are ferry lines, there's a land connection by now.

I think the list of actions of Ukraine came to light includes many other things besides the bridge:

- Continuous shelling of Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant
- Three terrorism attempts on Kursk Nuclear Power Plant
- Plans or attempts on the Turkish gas pipeline
- Shelling of civilians in Donetsk/Luhanks
- Covering large areas where civilians are present with landmines
- Killing of govt representatives in Russian-controlled territories. Heck, they're killing teachers for teaching kids in schools.

So, altogether a fairly concerning list of actions.

Hopefully, they'll listen. Would be dumb not to.

PS: If anything, I find it ironic that the Ukrainian govt bombs the bridge and people on "Ukrainian" territory. They keep claiming it as theirs and keep portraying people living there as struggling under occupation....LET'S BOMB THEIR INFRASTRUCTURE AND KILL A FEW OF THEM IN THE PROCESS! They did the exact same thing when they were bombing electricity lines, and shut off their water, and gas pipelines back a few years ago, they keep shelling Donetsk and Luhansk areas killing civilians. So much care for fellow Ukrainians struggling under occupations.

And then they wonder why everybody in Crimea and Donbass area hates them and votes to join Russia.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

As we roll into winter - Ukraines troops are covering extended areas, over terrain the Russians denuded, with longer, vulnerable supply lines. No wonder theyre screaming for air defense now.

Their pantry - Kiev, Lvov etc - are now also being attacked. Look for a near term budget crisis as fuel costs rise.

Oh yeah, and more Russians are coming.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 4:31 pm As we roll into winter - Ukraines troops are covering extended areas, over terrain the Russians denuded, with longer, vulnerable supply lines. No wonder theyre screaming for air defense now.

Their pantry - Kiev, Lvov etc - are now also being attacked. Look for a near term budget crisis as fuel costs rise.

Oh yeah, and more Russians are coming.
Huh, more Russians coming. Weapons from the 70's, no ammunition, no gear, helmets, vests and everyone is sick.

https://twitter.com/vidtranslator/statu ... 5898711040

I almost feel bad for them.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 5:11 pm
I almost feel bad for them.

Often bearing witness is uncomfortable.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 5:11 pm Huh, more Russians coming. Weapons from the 70's, no ammunition, no gear, helmets, vests and everyone is sick.
1. Russia is a great threat to Europe
2. Russia has old weapons from the 70's and they have no gear and they are sick so relax bros.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 12th, 2022, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Ramzan Kadyrov's latest batch of TiKToK stars are feeling very threatened by pronouns and parades.

Russian Media Monitor - - -> https://twitter.com/i/status/1579929453584863234

Here's one I missed from earlier today.

Meh, seems reasonable enough to a few people on here, I'm sure.

Russian Media Monitor - - -> https://twitter.com/i/status/1579962548278829056

Math problem of the day.

If $200 million kills about 15 to 20 people who don't want their mind changed (assuming those missiles got those people - and I don't believe that for a second) how much will it cost to kill the 1 to 5 million people, Pavel Gubarev is talking about in the video above?

ETA: Deeper Background:
Pavel Gubarev is a Russian activist and former neo-Nazi who proclaimed himself the "People's Governor" of the Donetsk Region at the Regional Assembly on 3 March 2014, after separatists seized the building. Gubarev had earlier declared himself leader of the Donbas People's Militia.
In 2022, Gubarev signed a short-term contract with the Russian Armed Forces, as a private, in order to participate in the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Gubarev
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Oct 12th, 2022, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 8:11 pm Ramzan Kadyrov's latest batch of TiKToK stars are feeling very threatened by pronouns and parades.

"Are we ready to die?"
And they all cheer, and they all will die.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 8:11 pm Ramzan Kadyrov's latest batch of TiKToK stars are feeling very threatened by pronouns and parades.

Here's one I missed from earlier today.

Russian Media Monitor - - -> https://twitter.com/i/status/1579962548278829056
The "denazify" spiel didn't pan out.
They had to come up with something else.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.

Return to “World”