Ukraine war/President/news

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

PoplarSoul wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 8:43 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 8:11 pm Ramzan Kadyrov's latest batch of TiKToK stars are feeling very threatened by pronouns and parades.

Russian Media Monitor - - -> https://twitter.com/i/status/1579929453584863234

Here's one I missed from earlier today.

Russian Media Monitor - - -> https://twitter.com/i/status/1579962548278829056
The "denazify" spiel didn't pan out.
They had to come up with something else.
Yeap, that's it.

So, for my friends on here that can't pivot quite as fast as the Russian propaganda pipeline, how many gay pride parades did the Nazis have? Anyone?
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Untitled-5.jpg
Notice how I did that? :D
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Ukraine has received a delivery of the German IRIS-T air defense system, Der Spiegel magazine reported on Tuesday. The handover took place on Tuesday near the Polish-Ukrainian border.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-719403

Now if only Israel would send an Iron Dome and not just thoughts and prayers.

:smt045
Ukraine Touts 'New Era of Air Defense' with Missiles, NASAMS, More HIMARS

Reznikov announced Tuesday evening on Twitter that the Ukrainian military has received four more High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), which have previously been used to upend Russia's war effort. Also on the way are National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS), which Ukrainian officials have sought to protect against Russian missiles and drones.
https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-touts- ... rs-1750958
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Meet General Sergei "Armageddon" Surovikin, Putin's new senior commander for Ukraine war.
Vladimir Putin has appointed a new commander to lead Russia’s ailing war in Ukraine, said to have a reputation for “brutality” and “total ruthlessness”.

Aged 55, the decorated commander has a long and bloody history of leading Russian soldiers domestically and abroad, and was described by the UK’s Ministry of Defence in June of having a career “dogged with allegations of corruption and brutality” for more than 30 years.
This is another one of those interesting reads locked behind a paywall. I'm saving you a couple of bucks again, because the truth is priceless.

https://web.archive.org/web/20221010200 ... 98544.html

The old syrian war double tap guy has a long and sordid past. When the official record is Putin made his deputy shoot himself to death in Surovikin's office, you have to wonder what really happened? (Cause like seriously, that just doesn't seem brutal enough.)

For those of us old enough to remember "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall", you'll probably remember the 1991 Soviet coup attempt and that moment when it looked like Russia might experience freedom and self-determination. Sergei was the guy in the BMP in Moscow that shot the protestors (and the clock) back to the Soviet era. Spoiler alert, Captain Sergey, as he was at the time, got away with it all, because Russian criminal elites, especially those with an entrepreneurial bent and the ability to kick it up, always do. Surovikin went into international arms smuggling and sold many of the weapons, the Russian military still thinks it has today, to the international black market.

Meh, just a serious and obedient psychopath with a penchant for monetizing mass murders.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 9:01 pm Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Ukraine has received a delivery of the German IRIS-T air defense system, Der Spiegel magazine reported on Tuesday. The handover took place on Tuesday near the Polish-Ukrainian border.

Ukraine Touts 'New Era of Air Defense' with Missiles, NASAMS, More HIMARS

Reznikov announced Tuesday evening on Twitter that the Ukrainian military has received four more High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), which have previously been used to upend Russia's war effort. Also on the way are National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS), which Ukrainian officials have sought to protect against Russian missiles and drones.
That can't be right. Someone just posted the other day that Germany said they wouldn't send any more anything to help ukraine.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Mazdatruck wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 7:09 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 5:11 pm Huh, more Russians coming. Weapons from the 70's, no ammunition, no gear, helmets, vests and everyone is sick.
1. Russia is a great threat to Europe
2. Russia has old weapons from the 70's and they have no gear and they are sick so relax bros.

Pick one Drip.
How about both? Russia's military has become so weak that the nuclear option (or even just threatening it) is all they have left.
Not a threat you say? You don't think Putin is crazy enough to use it?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 10:29 pm Russia's military has become so weak that the nuclear option (or even just threatening it) is all they have left.
Well, they have been running out of missiles and washing machines since March, they probably only have nukes left.

Especially now that they destroyed 30% of energy infrastructure in just two days with their rust buckets from 70s.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

I have to respect the honesty here. It's rare.

In a segment about exploiting Musk for his sway amongst the useful idiots...

Suprise! We were lying. :smt045

Russian Media Monitor - - - > https://twitter.com/i/status/1580026795558023170

And in other news... (wait, what?) :spitcoffee:
Russia says it has detained eight people in connection with Saturday's explosion on a key bridge linking Russia to Crimea.

Its FSB security service said five of those held were Russians, while the others were Ukrainian and Armenian.

It says Kyiv was behind the attack but a Ukrainian official described Russia's investigation as "nonsense".
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63225947
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Mazdatruck wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 7:09 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 5:11 pm Huh, more Russians coming. Weapons from the 70's, no ammunition, no gear, helmets, vests and everyone is sick.
1. Russia is a great threat to Europe
2. Russia has old weapons from the 70's and they have no gear and they are sick so relax bros.

*removed*
Never did answer, just a bunch more spiel...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 10:27 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 9:01 pm Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-4.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

That can't be right. Someone just posted the other day that Germany said they wouldn't send any more anything to help ukraine.
It was me, and still right.

Originally promised in June, first one delivered. The other 3 still to be manufactured [icon_lol2.gif]

Nothing else comin
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 9:01 pm Now if only Israel would send an Iron Dome and not just thoughts and prayers.
I don't think Jews would be very sympathetic toward governments harboring Nazism.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

BC Landlord wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 10:21 am I don't think Jews would be very sympathetic toward governments harboring Nazism.
Israel is staying out of it simply of how much influence Russia has in the Middle East - especially with Iran and Syria.

They're not idiots.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Well it would also be a bit awkward for them to protest illegal annexation of territory [icon_lol2.gif]
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

gertlush wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 11:06 am Well it would also be a bit awkward for them to protest illegal annexation of territory [icon_lol2.gif]
Touche [icon_lol2.gif]
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 9:39 am
Silverstarqueen wrote: Oct 11th, 2022, 10:27 pm
It was me, and still right.

Originally promised in June, first one delivered. The other 3 still to be manufactured [icon_lol2.gif]

Nothing else comin
16 self-propelled howitzer - Zusanna
130 Heating Systems
36 ETV's (medical transport vehicles)
Another 100,000 first aid kits
Another 405,000 pre-packaged MRE's

That's so far this week. I realize much of it is superfluous stuff that a real army like the Soviets Russians wouldn't need, like food, first aid kits, medical transport and heating systems, but I can't help thinking things like food and first aid probably do help with overall troop morale.

So far Germany has delivered 796,812,445 Euro of the 2 billion they've committed to in the budget process for 2022.

Still to be delivered, partial list:

3 IRIS T SLMS
20 - 700 Laser Guided Rocket Launchers
2 - 227mm M270 MARS (multiple rocket launchers)
4 - 155 mm PzH 2000's
18 - 155mm RCH-155's
16 - 155mm ShKH Zuzana 2's
28 - M55S' Battle tanks
30 - BVP-1's (infantry fighting vehicles)
40 - BMP 1A1's (infantry fighting vehicles)
50 - Dingos (Mine Resistant vehicles)
5032 Man Portable Anti-Tank weapons
24 Anti Drone systems and 40 Frequency Range extenders
8 Mobile Ground Surveillance Radars and thermal imaging cameras
12 Comm scanner/Jammer Systems
43 Reconnaissance Drones
10 - 10 option Autonomous Surface Vehicles

You get the point, right? Yeah, you're right, in the way my ex-wife always was, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing more getting delivered from Germany, other than the 1.2 billion dollars' worth of stuff in the list and whatever else they commit to before the year is out. [icon_lol2.gif]
Contrary to popular perception, Germany has delivered significant amounts of arms and equipment to Ukraine to aid the country in its fight against the Russian military. In fact, the volume of arms deliveries by Berlin exceeds that of every other country safe for the United States and the United Kingdom. Nonetheless, Germany has faced severe criticism and even mockery for its perceived lack of support to Ukraine and its ill-fated attempts to keep its relationship with Moscow intact.
You can read more here: https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/09/f ... id-to.html

Meanwhile, in the real world, this is happening...

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

The EU committed $9bil back in May or June, of which theyve sent $1bil, so yeah, picking up those amounts above.

Read the news - the Yanks are saying "Hey, wheres the rest!?"

Ukraines 2023 budget pencils in $1.5bil each, monthly, from the US and EU. So the same people who take 6-7 months to send $1bil are going to suddenly turn on the gushing taps come January?

No... scraping the barrel for armanents and hesitating to throw good money after bad.

Return to “World”