Ukraine war/President/news

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by gertlush »

Russia is winning and will win.

What part of "When the lights go out in Europe they will come crawling back" isn't clear.

Save the morality play for Christmas, this is the real world.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

BC Landlord wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 10:19 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 9:39 pm Putin has Russians locked under his spell and Russian's are being abused by him as much as they were under the Czars and Stalin. Russians need liberating far more than Ukrainians, but that's not for the western world to do. At least until they decide to take a hand in it themselves.
You do not understand Russia and Russians whatsoever. Russians don't feel they need to be "liberated". Putin, as much as we see him as a dictator, is a liberator in the eyes of the vast majority of Russians.
Yes, Putin is liberating them from pronouns and parades, we've established that recently with news clips from Russia.

Anyways, back to the news...
Untitled-7.jpg
Today's announcement.

Defence Minister Anita Anand announced that Canada will provide over $47 million in new military aid that will assist the Armed Forces of Ukraine as they fight for Ukraine’s sovereignty and security.

This new military aid package includes:

- $15.2 million in equipment from the Canadian Armed Forces’ (CAF) inventory, including 155mm NATO-standard artillery rounds, fuses, and charge bags compatible with M777 howitzer artillery guns. Canada has previously provided M777 howitzer artillery guns to Ukraine and trained Ukrainian personnel in their use;

- additional specialized drone cameras with a value of $15.3 million;

- approximately $2 million to provide satellite communications services to Ukraine government and non-government partners, including critical infrastructure, through a joint project between the DND/CAF, Communications Security Establishment and Telesat; and

- 400,000 pieces of winter clothing for a total of $15 million. This critical winter equipment includes jackets, pants, boots, gloves, and parkas sourced from Canadian companies through the Canadian Commercial Corporation. An additional 100,000 pieces will come from CAF inventory.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 10:41 pm Yes, Putin is liberating them from pronouns and parades, we've established that recently with news clips from Russia.
As if pronouns and parades are a solution to people's suffering over there.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Hope the air defenses they will supply are better than the ones they supplied earlier [icon_lol2.gif]

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

BC Landlord wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 10:19 pm ... especially those stuck under the Ukrainian rule.
Missed this part, I guess I replied to quick. It reminds me of the time I said Nazis extinguished 30,000 Ukrainian lives in two days. Some thoughtless wonder on here corrected me, "they were Jews and ethnic Poles". Like he couldn't even see what's wrong with that reply.

Ethnic Russians living in Ukraine are Ukrainian. If they don't want to be Ukrainian, they can go to Russia. Just like my friend, who after serving as a conscript, took three contracts with the Russian MOD (VDV officer if you want to know the truth) so that he could emigrate with his wife to Canada.

He's Canadian. Good grief. [smh]
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

-Russia and NATO have never been so close to actual direct conflict, conventional or nuclear, than they are now, said the head of the General Staff of the Czech Army, Karel Řehka, at Monday’s conference on Russian power and influence against Central Europe.

-The general said that a conflict between Russia and NATO would have a significant impact on Czechia. He described the situation as “serious,” saying that despite decades of animosity, the threat of an outright conflict between the two powers is now dire.

We've Never Been Closer To A Conflict Between Russia & NATO, Warns Top Czech General

>> https://www.zerohedge.com/military/weve ... ch-general

---

-Because of course it's fantastic timing... NATO plans to go through with scheduled nuclear exercises next week despite the ratcheting nuclear rhetoric surrounding the Russia-Ukraine war, which also only days ago saw President Joe Biden warn of the risk of the world witnessing "Armageddon" in highly controversial remarks.

NATO To Proceed With Planned Nuclear Exercises Next Week

:135:

>> https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -next-week

--

WAR = Demz keep the house.
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 11:18 pm Ethnic Russians living in Ukraine are Ukrainian. If they don't want to be Ukrainian, they can go to Russia.
Many countries fell apart in the past because some of their citizens did not want to be subjected to their abusive governments. The secession of Crimea and eastern parts of Ukraine is not a precedent. I would say, .. let them secede peacefully. They have the right to choose.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I find that I am comparing what Russia is doing to Ukraine greatly resembles what the Canadian churches did to the natives.
Bring back the LIKE button.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

alanjh595 wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 8:53 am I find that I am comparing what Russia is doing to Ukraine greatly resembles what the Canadian churches did to the natives.
I don't see any resemblance there. In fact, it's more like the other way around, ... Ukraine attempting to oppress and terrorize Russian-speaking population. This all started right after the 2014 coup. No coincidence.
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

BC Landlord wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 8:32 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Oct 12th, 2022, 11:18 pm Ethnic Russians living in Ukraine are Ukrainian. If they don't want to be Ukrainian, they can go to Russia.
Many countries have fallen apart in the past because some of their citizens did not want to be subjected to their abusive governments. The secession of Crimea and eastern parts of Ukraine is not a precedent. I would say, .. let them secede peacefully. They have the right to choose.
Sovereignty is a serious matter, it is the authority of a state to govern itself.

In working to keep things clear-

understanding that:
annexation, a formal act whereby a state proclaims its sovereignty over territory hitherto outside its domain. Unlike cession, whereby territory is given or sold through treaty, annexation is a unilateral act made effective by actual possession and legitimized by general recognition.
  • Ukraine
    • Declaration of independence from Soviet Union 24 August 1991
    • Independence referendum 1 December 1991
    • Current constitution 28 June 1996
It is my opinion that it is not my call nor yours nor Putin’s since, “Crimea and eastern parts of Ukraine” as it was phrased, are still legally part of Ukraine, then it is legally Ukraine’s call alone for the decision to be legitimate- to make it legitimate and made lawful.

Sovereignty is a serious matter, it is "the authority of a state to govern itself."
Last edited by Tyrian-Quill on Oct 13th, 2022, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Somebody should tell Putin. But seriously, I think its a bit past debates about sovereignty etc.

Z and B have ruled out any talks with Russia. Therefore Ukraine will be defeated on the battlefield and Z removed from power. The only way the Yanks can stop it now is stage a false flag nuclear attack to give them an excuse.

Even that has a lot of risks obviously, but, faced with the prospect losing power B & Co are getting increasingly cornered and desperate.
Tyrian-Quill
Board Meister

Post by Tyrian-Quill »

gertlush wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 10:03 am Somebody should tell Putin. But seriously, I think its a bit past debates about sovereignty etc.

Z and B have ruled out any talks with Russia. Therefore Ukraine will be defeated on the battlefield and Z removed from power. The only way the Yanks can stop it now is stage a false flag nuclear attack to give them an excuse.

Even that has a lot of risks obviously, but, faced with the prospect losing power B & Co are getting increasingly cornered and desperate.

I absolutely am not privy to what is going on behind the scenes nor do I claim to possess accurate foresight.

One of the things though I do know is: the only pure constant is change.

Am going :topic: which is "Ukraine Russia war NEWS" (as News- definition: new information about something that has happened recently https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries. ... 20recently

g-day
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. – George Bernard Shaw
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

News is defined as something that someone somewhere doesn't want you to know.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

There is no call for the evacuation of Kherson. The Governor and deputy simply want to arrange for the "temporary stay and rest" for the residents in other regions of Russia for "recreation and study". Definitely not an evacuation. [icon_lol2.gif]

Meanwhile, some pro-Russian sources are reporting a commander has been shot by his troops, so that they could surrender to Ukrainians. There is video footage of the surrender, and it seems to go without incident. Doesn't seem very pro-Russian to me, but what else are they going to report today? We lost 60 million dollars' worth of helicopters in 18 minutes probably doesn't play well either.

About the only other news I see working its way down the pipe is the silent mobilization of troops in Belarus. They are purposely conscripting in remote and rural areas to avoid any push back on Lukashenko.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Tyrian-Quill wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 9:40 am
BC Landlord wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 8:32 am Many countries have fallen apart in the past because some of their citizens did not want to be subjected to their abusive governments. The secession of Crimea and eastern parts of Ukraine is not a precedent. I would say, .. let them secede peacefully. They have the right to choose.
Sovereignty is a serious matter, it is the authority of a state to govern itself.

In working to keep things clear-

understanding that:
annexation, a formal act whereby a state proclaims its sovereignty over territory hitherto outside its domain. Unlike cession, whereby territory is given or sold through treaty, annexation is a unilateral act made effective by actual possession and legitimized by general recognition.
  • Ukraine
    • Declaration of independence from Soviet Union 24 August 1991
    • Independence referendum 1 December 1991
    • Current constitution 28 June 1996
It is my opinion that it is not my call nor yours nor Putin’s since, “Crimea and eastern parts of Ukraine” as it was phrased, are still legally part of Ukraine, then it is legally Ukraine’s call alone for the decision to be legitimate- to make it legitimate and made lawful.

Sovereignty is a serious matter, it is "the authority of a state to govern itself."
Well said.

:up: :up:
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.

Return to “World”