NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: NHL

Post by Glacier »

GordonH wrote: Aug 29th, 2022, 9:09 pm Mikita (Centre)
Ovechkin (Left Wing)
Jagr (Right Wing)
Bourque (Defence)
Keith (Defence)
Boudeur (Goaltender)
You are only allowed to pick one per row... Keith and Ovi are on the same row.

My initial thought was: Gretzky, Ovi, Howe, Lidstrom, Orr, and Roy
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Aug 29th, 2022, 9:43 pm
GordonH wrote: Aug 29th, 2022, 9:09 pm Mikita (Centre)
Ovi (Left Wing) Gould’s
Jagr (Right Wing) Lafleur
Bourque (Defence)
Keith (Defence)
Boudeur (Goaltender)
You are only allowed to pick one per row... Keith and Ovi are on the same row.

My initial thought was: Gretzky, Ovi, Howe, Lidstrom, Orr, and Roy
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Post by ChocolateNecessary91 »

Anyone watching pre-season games?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Sep 29th, 2022, 5:13 pm Anyone watching pre-season games?
Not really, since it mostly tryouts for the younger players to possibly make the team.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

GordonH wrote: Sep 29th, 2022, 7:12 pm
ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Sep 29th, 2022, 5:13 pm Anyone watching pre-season games?
Not really, since it mostly tryouts for the younger players to possibly make the team.
Who is your team?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: Aug 29th, 2022, 9:09 pm Boudeur (Goaltender)
Pretty sure you mean Brodeur?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote: Oct 6th, 2022, 2:25 pm
GordonH wrote: Aug 29th, 2022, 9:09 pm Boudeur (Goaltender)
Pretty sure you mean Brodeur?
But is it Richard of Martin?

BTW, Gordie Howe scored more goals than Gretzky...
goals.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

not sure if goals not scored in the nhl should count ?
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Entertainment thread.

Just finished watching the last episode in the Summit 72 series https://gem.cbc.ca/media/summit-72/s01. Really enjoyed this, brought back some memories (although I was just a child but it was when I started to love hockey and I do remember my Dad let me stay home from school to watch). Also included lots of things I didn't know or maybe forgot. Phil Esposito was quite the character. Good documentary :130:
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Nooby wrote: Oct 8th, 2022, 2:28 pm Not sure if this belongs here or in the Entertainment thread.

Just finished watching the last episode in the Summit 72 series https://gem.cbc.ca/media/summit-72/s01. Really enjoyed this, brought back some memories (although I was just a child but it was when I started to love hockey and I do remember my Dad let me stay home from school to watch). Also included lots of things I didn't know or maybe forgot. Phil Esposito was quite the character. Good documentary :130:
That was an amazing series. It brought the entire country together like never before.
I was one of the fortunate ones who had tickets to the Vancouver game. And Phil, you're welcome. :biggrin:

I recall reading in the paper a few days later that those working for the city of Vancouver noticed a huge drop in water usage during the play, and a huge increase in water usage as well as sewage during the intermissions. That kept getting larger as the series progressed.

Btw, just bought a book of postage stamps dedicated to that series.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

My dad was hitchhiking around the US, and couldn't find a single spot showing the games so didn't get to watch.
- Douglas Murray
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

So who is your team and how do you feel about them going into the regular season?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Oct 13th, 2022, 5:04 pm So who is your team and how do you feel about them going into the regular season?
I’ve been fan of hockey since a young kid, as for a team I’ve followed the Canucks since there days as a WHL team.

Due to the Leagues BS offer to former players with definite concussion issues a number of years back, I have stepped back. I do comment on things occasionally.

btw Gary Bettman will hopefully drop dead soon, because he is unwilling to move the Arizona team to Quebec City. Quebec City would have sellouts to all games, plus City built a arena.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

I guess the big wigs see Arizona as a new market whereas Quebec is viewed as the same market as Montreal.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 4:42 am I guess the big wigs see Arizona as a new market whereas Quebec is viewed as the same market as Montreal.
Have you seen were there are playing games in Arizona, the building isn’t much bigger then our old Memorial arena with capacity of under 5,000 (Mullett Arena).
It’s a :swear: joke, meanwhile there is 17,000+ arena in Quebec City.

btw Bell Centre is largest capacity arena in NHL just over 21,000. Very rare to see many empty seats.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”