Its time for Mayor Basran to go

The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Its time for Mayor Basran to go

Post by The_quiet_one »

Lady tehMa wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 1:53 pm
emc group wrote: Oct 16th, 2022, 11:12 am Interesting that in his speech he talked about all his family support, where is his wife? Gets interesting on his FB acct.
I heard a rumour there is a divorce in the works - but that's just a rumour, I have no substantial proof to offer.

I listened to an RCMP officer talk about how Basran had no respect for the force. I imagine that person is pretty pleased with the results of the mayoral election - I know I am! :biggrin:
Apparently he cheated on his wife and also has a big drinking problem.
canadman
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by canadman »

You guys need to be careful with these comments about cheating and having an alcohol problem, etc, as, if they're incorrect, their libellous. Not saying they're right or wrong, but wow, some of these allegations could be pretty damaging to someone. Remember, he also has kids and they and their friends read stuff as well. Just saying.
"The road to hell is paved with concrete."
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 2:26 pm

I heard a rumour there is a divorce in the works - but that's just a rumour, I have no substantial proof to offer.

I listened to an RCMP officer talk about how Basran had no respect for the force. I imagine that person is pretty pleased with the results of the mayoral election - I know I am! :biggrin:
would explain his behavior in public , and telling people to f off https://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news ... 95355.html
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

canadman wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 4:33 pm You guys need to be careful with these comments about cheating and having an alcohol problem, etc, as, if they're incorrect, their libellous. Not saying they're right or wrong, but wow, some of these allegations could be pretty damaging to someone. Remember, he also has kids and they and their friends read stuff as well. Just saying.
Google it 🤷‍♀️
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

canadman wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 4:33 pm You guys need to be careful with these comments about cheating and having an alcohol problem, etc, as, if they're incorrect, their libellous. Not saying they're right or wrong, but wow, some of these allegations could be pretty damaging to someone. Remember, he also has kids and they and their friends read stuff as well. Just saying.
I have seen enough trashing around here to see that this is the norm.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

emc group wrote: Oct 16th, 2022, 11:12 am Interesting that in his speech he talked about all his family support, where is his wife? Gets interesting on his FB acct.
Same in Vancouver with soon-to-be ex Mayor Kennedy Stewart trashing the VPD.
During the defund-the-police idiocy he cut a few million from their budget.
Due to poor moral the VPD is now seriously short of officers and is struggling to recruit.
Fortunately the public saw the light.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Blaker

Post by Blaker »

To whoever manages the forum...can we delete my original post please? It was my opinions on why I wasn't voting for him. Now that the election is over, not any reason for this to go on. Especially with the way the conversation (anonymous posters) talking his family etc.

The election is over. Time to move on
Sol316
Fledgling

Post by Sol316 »

Blaker wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 9:36 pm To whoever manages the forum...can we delete my original post please? It was my opinions on why I wasn't voting for him. Now that the election is over, not any reason for this to go on. Especially with the way the conversation (anonymous posters) talking his family etc.

It wouldn't matter if the forum manager deleted the original post. It can still be read because a) it was saved on the Wayback Machine, and b) it can still be read on a local news site.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

the truth wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 6:30 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 2:26 pm

would explain his behavior in public , and telling people to f off https://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/news ... 95355.html
If, and this is a BIG if............if he decides to try a run at ANY higher level of politics the question that WILL be posed to him at any question and answer session will be.........."has cocaine ever been a part of your daily life".
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Blaker wrote: Oct 18th, 2022, 9:36 pm To whoever manages the forum...can we delete my original post please? It was my opinions on why I wasn't voting for him. Now that the election is over, not any reason for this to go on. Especially with the way the conversation (anonymous posters) talking his family etc.

You can do that yourself. Just go and edit and remove the text or hit the "x" to delete.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

My point being … for someone who liked to look down on the unfortunate dealing with multiple issues and dismiss them, he forgot to look in the mirror. That’s what angers me.

Return to “Civic Elections 2022”