Where Are The Snowplows? Rant

Bigbacardi
Übergod

Where Are The Snowplows? Rant

Post by Bigbacardi »

So, I was under the impression that the CoK was ready for the onslaught of winter.
My job entails a considerable amount of driving locally.
Here we are, several days into substantial snow, & I have not yet seen a single plow on the road.
I understand that it is not the cities responsibility to show me where all the trucks are, however I do find it odd that I haven't seen any yet.
What is your perspective on this?
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Where Are The Snowplows? Rant

Post by Noisy Boater »

I saw one yesterday working Rutland road and McCurdy area. I was going down McCurdy wanting to turn left onto Hollywood but the dumb a$$ behind me was so close they should have been pulling my hair!!! I went down further made a right and turned around to come up and make a right onto Hollywood. As motorists we could plan our routes to avoid some left turns where the chance of a rear ender is greater. Just sayin!!
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I'm on a tertiary street and haven't seen one yet.

Last year they were abominable. I don't expect better this year :-X
I haven't failed until I quit.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

We have snow plows????
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
spooker

Post by spooker »

Saw two graders rolling down Gordon when I was walking home from Capri ... the miniplow has gotten out and cleared the Rail Trail and Ethel ATC 3 times since Friday ....

We've got over 850km of roadway not including the highway which is under the responsibility of another contractor ... hidden in plain sight where we're not looking I'd guess ...
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

Glenmore road I’ve seen one today. 530 am. Nothing in side roads and glenmore is a Ice rink. I can’t work for two days now.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I haven't seen on in my area, actually last yr they did such a terrible job don't care
btw, the sand truck would come first.... half a day later plow would remove the sand
helpful
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
that_internet_guy

Post by that_internet_guy »

Driving home yesterday on Springfield and it looked like it hadn't seen a plow or sander all day. Drove it this morning, looked the same.

Maybe the plow drivers are taking a day off to wait and see how much snow we get before they put on their woolies and get to work?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

We had the plow come down our dead-end, 12 residence street at 6:30 this morning.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

I was driving around West Kelowna at 8:30 am this morning and all the roads here are in horrible condition, no sand anywhere and not a single plow truck to be seen.

Whatever happened to them being out on the roads clearing them at 5am as they used to when I was in High School?
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
CanuckFan
Fledgling

Post by CanuckFan »

I'm in Vernon, but haven't seen a plough either. They have been by though, as all the roads I used today were done.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Tankur wrote: Nov 8th, 2022, 8:41 am Glenmore road I’ve seen one today. 530 am. Nothing in side roads and glenmore is a Ice rink. I can’t work for two days now.
Can't work lol will have to remember that excuse [icon_lol2.gif]. The road im on is like a highway plowed sanded and the grader pushed banks wider today so no complaints here, slow down people thats all it takes.
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I know what bad road conditions are.
What we have now, is not it.

Figure out your own driving. I've traveled plenty in the last few days. except for one dolt
who got confused and stopped while sitting across both lanes of the highway.
Zero issues, nary a slippage of tire.

As my Pap taught me. use the pedals as if there is a raw egg betwixt your sole and the pedals.
Oh, don't break the egg there elephant foot !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

I can only speak for myself (and my street, I guess).

I live in Summerland the main streets are usually pretty good but the sidestreet I live on, a week or two after a snowfall if the snow has hung around a plow goes around our street (It's a cul-de-sac).

The rule of thumb is usually "if you can make it along our street the rest will always be better".

Three days of snow on the ground and I've seen a sand truck and two plows, a complete 180°.

So this year, no bitching from me.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

my5cents wrote: Nov 8th, 2022, 11:55 am So this year, no bitching from me.
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] A might early for that prophecy.... :biggrin:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”