NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Re: NHL

Post by ChocolateNecessary91 »

GordonH wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 4:48 am
ChocolateNecessary91 wrote: Oct 14th, 2022, 4:42 am I guess the big wigs see Arizona as a new market whereas Quebec is viewed as the same market as Montreal.
Have you seen were there are playing games in Arizona, the building isn’t much bigger then our old Memorial arena with capacity of under 5,000 (Mullett Arena).
It’s a :swear: joke, meanwhile there is 17,000+ arena in Quebec City.
I'm with you Gordon. I'd love to see a team in Quebec again. And the Maritimes (I'm a Maritimer).

Looks like there's a plan to build a new arena in Tempe though: https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/te ... ena-plans/

My guess is NHL sees an opportunity to open up a new markets in the south and is happy to keep hoovering up the Quebec market through Montreal.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ over the years I watched a lot of regular season games at southern US locations and the attendants levels are usually pitiful.
Then head to northern US teams are much better, once in Canada attendance levels are highest.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
ChocolateNecessary91
Fledgling

Post by ChocolateNecessary91 »

Canadians love hockey! I'd love to see the Coyotes move to Canada.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

I see the Canucks are off to a fine start to secure a top draft pick.😏
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

seewood wrote: Oct 25th, 2022, 4:04 am I see the Canucks are off to a fine start to secure a top draft pick.😏
Connor Bedard would be hell of catch for tanking the season.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Starting to see why Toronto didn’t fight harder to keep Jack Campbell as there goalie, Edmonton goalie issues continue.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

No one blows leads like the Vancouver Canucks!
FB_IMG_1673508158787.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier wrote: Jan 12th, 2023, 9:51 am No one blows leads like the Vancouver Canucks!

FB_IMG_1673508158787.jpg
They need to do a fire sell asap to drop to bottom of the league then hopefully get #1 in 2023 Entry Draft.

Pick Connor Bedard and build a team around him.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

remember this?

@ 15:08 - Gino Odjick

you are a legend and a true friend Bure said
Last edited by Thinktank on Jan 16th, 2023, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Thinktank wrote: Jan 16th, 2023, 4:55 pm remember this?

@ 15:08 - Gino Odjick

you are a legend and a true friend Bure said
Those two were like brothers.

And yes, I was there. Took one of my sons to his first ever Canucks game.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Bruce Boudreau exits as one of the most successful coaches in Canucks history by any measure

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/br ... 57ccdc423c
Boudreau, despite the circumstances, still leaves as one of the most successful coaches in Vancouver Canucks history.

Just going by the raw records, Boudreau concludes his time with the Canucks as the holder of a 50-40-13 record. That’s a .549 points percentage, good enough for fourth all-time by a Canucks coach.

Alain Vigneault is miles ahead of the rest of the group with a .632 percentage, and won’t be caught anytime this decade. But the only other two ahead of Boudreau on the list are Marc Crawford and Pat Quinn, each tied with a .554 point-percentage.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Jan 22nd, 2023, 10:56 pm Bruce Boudreau exits as one of the most successful coaches in Canucks history by any measure
Yes all of those playoff runs under Boudreau by the Canucks were legendary. Eye roll..."by any measure", what a joke.

I did watch a clip today about Boudreau being in the movie "Slapshot", but what was more important was that his apartment is used in the movie for the scene where Paul Newman is trying to sleep and keeps getting woken up by the phone etc. I always wondered why there was a Canadian flag over Newman's bed in the movie, now I know why. I guess the director must have kept the Canadian flag up for the movie too.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Glacier wrote: Jan 12th, 2023, 9:51 am No one blows leads like the Vancouver Canucks!
I agree! :up:

Maegan Hall is right up there, too. :admin:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Who’s currently winning the best chance at Connor Bedard Sweepstakes:

32) Columbus (30 points in 46 games)
31) Anaheim
30) Chicago
29) Arizona
28) San Jose
27) Vancouver
26) Montreal

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”