Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Post by Ken7 »

dirtybiker wrote: Jan 5th, 2022, 9:48 am Heard this in some long ago movie; "A lawyers job has little to about justice,
and everything to do with win in the end." or something like that.
It's all about the almighty dollar. IF a lawyer can get the two of you battling, he / she wins! They are the ones making in excess of $200.00 a hour.

When I went through a divorce I stood nose to nor=se with her lawyer and told him he was nothing but a bottom feeder.
He told me I best put a sock in my mouth. I explained to him staring the little PLICK down, it's a free country and I am entitled to my opinion. He didn't like it.

You are correct, you would think a lawyer would take a oath, in which in the eyes of justice they would act in a manor which is fair and reasonable by fact of law. Nope, blood sucking leaches most divorce lawyers are!
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Ken7 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:29 pm It's all about the almighty dollar. IF a lawyer can get the two of you battling, he / she wins! They are the ones making in excess of $200.00 a hour.
Many times, that is exactly it. I eventually sacked my lawyer and she did the same. Worked out an amicable agreement and we both saved a ton of loot.
We never hated each other so it wasn't really difficult.
Brother is going through a separation and eventual divorce. She's all about the money so lawyers are involved. " What's yours is mine and what mine is more mine" seems to be her mantra right now but lawyers are setting her straight.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Now that they can no longer chase ambulances as a result of motor vehicle accidents, you might see the costs of divorce go up!

This will be their new cash cow.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Ken7 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:29 pm
dirtybiker wrote: Jan 5th, 2022, 9:48 am Heard this in some long ago movie; "A lawyers job has little to about justice,
and everything to do with win in the end." or something like that.
It's all about the almighty dollar. IF a lawyer can get the two of you battling, he / she wins! They are the ones making in excess of $200.00 a hour.

When I went through a divorce I stood nose to nor=se with her lawyer and told him he was nothing but a bottom feeder.
He told me I best put a sock in my mouth. I explained to him staring the little PLICK down, it's a free country and I am entitled to my opinion. He didn't like it.

You are correct, you would think a lawyer would take a oath, in which in the eyes of justice they would act in a manor which is fair and reasonable by fact of law. Nope, blood sucking leaches most divorce lawyers are!
I so agree with you.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Ken7 wrote: May 28th, 2022, 7:55 am Now that they can no longer chase ambulances as a result of motor vehicle accidents, you might see the costs of divorce go up!

This will be their new cash cow.
Yup. I wouldn’t doubt it.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Sometimes people don’t appreciate the good they have, until it’s gone forever. Will it really be better for you (and your kids) with the complexities of restarting with someone else? None of us are perfect, so learn to adapt to other’s imperfections, and be grateful for and nurture the good parts of your family. (I get that some dire situations are unsolvable or too drastic)
Talked with a divorced friend recently, who now regrets ending his marriage over a solvable patch in their marriage of over two decades. He says he still loves his first wife, and his second is more of just a companion, and life is now more complex. He says it would have been better in the long run, for them and their kids, to have worked through their issues (adultery?). Now in retirement years, finances are a struggle, as their wealth, net of legal fees, was split leaving them to run two households with near half the retirement income each. Their kids and grandchildren at odds with each other and no longer have a grandparent’s home-together to visit. He also regrets that lawyers promoted a battle to extend billable time, while driving the wedge deeper, whereas maybe investing in a marriage counsellor would have produced a better end result for the whole family.
Unbelievably, two neighbourhood families with teens, have recently split. Why? Financial stress? Young family stress? Greener pastures? Sad to see their kids being torn apart, while trying to do school. The families had looked pretty normal and comfortable.

Take good care of what you already have. Life is very short. Life is a bit like the weather, in that there are sunny days and stormy days, and after severe storms better weather normally follows,
Attachments
E1B2320F-5FF7-4F2D-B030-F809D0D200A3.jpeg
Last edited by nepal on Dec 12th, 2022, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Seems it often depends on your situation who is the best Lawyer to represent you
Did find this and thought good idea to prepare a list of Qs rather than just hiring based on a few references
https://www.brides.com/questions-to-ask ... ey-1102832
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
EliotMcbrien

Post by EliotMcbrien »

Thanks for sharing. Looks like the topic is about to get useful. We should all share the contacts of the best lawyers we have ever worked with. It might be helpful to those who need a good professional. I once worked with military lawyers.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

You are either going to have to pay the lawyer or the ex. It's a delicate balance to see which one is cheaper.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

EliotMcbrien wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 1:15 pm Thanks for sharing. Looks like the topic is about to get useful. We should all share the contacts of the best lawyers we have ever worked with. It might be helpful to those who need a good professional. I once worked with military lawyers.
Sadly some lawyer are bottom feeders and are in it to line their pockets!! Been there and have done that. When a lawyer is arguing over $500.00 and he and the other are being paid over $200.00 he is a bottom feeder!!!

Very sad no professional would pull that.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Ken7 wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 3:04 pm
EliotMcbrien wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 1:15 pm Thanks for sharing. Looks like the topic is about to get useful. We should all share the contacts of the best lawyers we have ever worked with. It might be helpful to those who need a good professional. I once worked with military lawyers.
Sadly some lawyer are bottom feeders and are in it to line their pockets!! Been there and have done that. When a lawyer is arguing over $500.00 and he and the other are being paid over $200.00 he is a bottom feeder!!!

Very sad no professional would pull that.
Absolutely agree. Try and settle out of court. Divorce lawyers make it worse.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Lawyers make everything worse. I hold lawyers’ sliminess for our current catch and release scheme. Oh, sorry; wrong thread.

To all those about to divorce: the way you treat your offsprings’ other parent might be a biiiiiiiiig problem later. My offspring read the riot act to her chronically-absent ‘other’ parent once she turned 19. Come to think of it… I had done the same at 18 to my mother’s ex husband (never more than a sperm donor to me) whom I’d never met.

Oh, is that salty? Did I sound bitter? <— your kids in 20, maybe 30 years allllll depending on how well you keep your poop-in-a-group now.

Pray your kids have a step parent as awesome as the one I've had.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Mrs. Glacier is still upset at how her dad's family (namely his 2nd wife) tried to get her mom classified as mentally insane so as to try and remove the kids from her. Her mom took 20 years to pay off the lawyer bills, but she got to keep the kids, so was worth every penny in her mind.

My Father in law's parents and all siblings except one signed a letter saying she was crazy and abusive, and that hurt a lot because my MIL thought they were friends, and they certainly know damn well that she was a good parent and not crazy. Only the youngest sister who was quite wild refused to sign the letter.

Why do good decent people betray a friend so as to keep their older brother happy? It never ceases to dumbfound me how "good" people can turn so nasty.

Shame on my FIL for how he treated my MIL, but to his credit was a good father who did a lot with his children.

My parents' separation was very amicable by contrast. No lawyer was ever involved.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dreamon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by dreamon »

Marital separation is highly emotionally charged, exacerbated if one party has a side piece.

Some lawyers feed off that and profit from it.

Many lawyers give clients excellent advice. No one cares that your spouse was shagging the plumber/maid/neighbour. The children come first and The Court will insist on 50/50 unless mutually agreed otherwise. Their is not a financially penalty awarded for your spouse outsourcing for their shagging partner.
Again, no one cares, in a legal sense.

If people could all check their emotions, think in a rational way, take ownership for their own part of the martial breakdown, focus on the children, the process would be so much easier.

I feel for the lawyers who give excellent advice but have clients who will not listen as the lawyer gets blamed. Lawyers follow client instructions until they get fed up and fire the client,

Clients who fire lawyers, generally don't like the advice they are hearing.
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Ya well, I know an incredibly slimy lawyer who causes unnecessary rift and pain and suffering. It’s almost like a personal vendetta.
Then again, the P O S was charged with spousal abuse himself and was found guilty, so what do you expect. Can’t stand lawyers. Slimy as hell or right.

Return to “Referrals”