Did You Know

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Did You Know

Post by oneh2obabe »

175.jpg
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

441.png
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

190.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

455.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

456.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

192.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

196.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

197.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

198.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

462.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

452.jpg

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yeah, I would hate that. How many times would you have to deal with puberty/menopause? :200:
I haven't failed until I quit.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Lady tehMa wrote: Nov 20th, 2022, 10:13 am Yeah, I would hate that. How many times would you have to deal with puberty/menopause? :200:
It's likely blessed with a short memory.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

443.jpg

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

463.jpg
Bartram recounted the incident in his autobiography, quoted below in an article published by ESPN:

On Christmas Day 1937, Bartram was in the papers once more after a bizarre incident in a match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. With the score at 1-1, the game had to be called off on 61 minutes due to thick fog. Unfortunately for Bartram, he was the last to be made aware. "Soon after the kick-off, [fog] began to thicken rapidly at the far end, travelling past Vic Woodley in the Chelsea goal and rolling steadily towards me," he wrote in his autobiography. "The referee stopped the game, and then, as visibility became clearer, restarted it. We were on top at this time, and I saw fewer and fewer figures as we attacked steadily.

"I paced up and down my goal-line, happy in the knowledge that Chelsea were being pinned in their own half. 'The boys must be giving the Pensioners the hammer,' I thought smugly, as I stamped my feet for warmth. Quite obviously, however, we were not getting the ball into the net. For no players were coming back to line up, as they would have done following a goal. Time passed, and I made several advances towards the edge of the penalty area, peering through the murk, which was getting thicker every minute. Still I could see nothing. The Chelsea defence was clearly being run off its feet.

"After a long time a figure loomed out of the curtain of fog in front of me. It was a policeman, and he gaped at me incredulously. 'What on earth are you doing here?' he gasped. 'The game was stopped a quarter of an hour ago. The field's completely empty'. And when I groped my way to the dressing-room, the rest of the Charlton team, already out of the bath and in their civvies, were convulsed with laughter."

Return to “Grab Bag”