Trump running for 2024

captkirkcanada
Banned

Re: Trump running for 2024

Post by captkirkcanada »

Jonrox wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 11:30 am
rustled wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 11:16 am Trump couldn't be controlled by the political machinery pulling strings in DC, either.
The problem was that he could be controlled by the political machinery pulling strings in Moscow.
I think that clear by now
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Former President Donald Trump, who launched his 2024 campaign on Tuesday, is already facing defections among the billionaire megadonors behind his previous campaigns.

Ken Griffin, the founder and CEO of hedge fund Citadel, on Tuesday threw his support behind a potential run from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, while criticizing Trump as a "three-time loser" in an interview at the Bloomberg New Economy Forum in Singapore.

A more significant blow came on Wednesday from Stephen Schwarzman — chairman, CEO and co-founder of private-equity giant Blackstone — who gave millions to Trump's 2020 campaign and various pro-Trump groups but vowed to reserve his support in the upcoming Republican primary for someone among "a new generation of leaders," Axios reported.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Jonrox wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 11:30 am
rustled wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 11:16 am Trump couldn't be controlled by the political machinery pulling strings in DC, either.
The problem was that he could be controlled by the political machinery pulling strings in Moscow.
Trump was a problem for the powerful elites all over the world. Not much point stipulating which of his many problems was "the" problem, though.

Trump being less easy to control was unbearable to rich and powerful elites all over the world, and he had to go. IMO he's unlikely to be back in the Oval Office.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

“The GOP and the country, would be best served if Mr. Trump ceded the field to the next generation of Republican leaders to compete for the nomination in 2024,” the Murdoch-controlled Wall Street Journal’s editorial board wrote on Monday.

“If Mr. Trump insists on running, then Republican voters will have to decide if they want to nominate the man most likely to produce a GOP loss.”

On Nov. 9 Ingraham said that for the GOP to win the 2024 election, the party must look for candidates who are focused on winning – not “settling a score.”

“The populist movement is about ideas. It is not about any one person,” Ingraham said. “If the voters conclude that you’re putting your own ego or your own grudges ahead of what’s good for the country, they’re going to look elsewhere. Period.”
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

An honest question for the folks here who fervently support(ed) Trump... is it causing any cognitive dissonance with right-wing media, Republican politicians, donors, and even some of his family bailing on him? Is it hard to continue listening to everyone you believed so strongly in now criticizing him?
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

I'm curious why there's an assumption anyone here "fervently support(ed) Trump".

Those with very strong feelings about Trump seem to be quite anti-Trump. Most seem to think he wouldn't be the best leader for the Republicans, although some have pointed out he may be serving the Democrats' purposes quite well.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
+++
Banned

Post by +++ »

Jonrox wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 11:51 am An honest question for the folks here who fervently support(ed) Trump... is it causing any cognitive dissonance with right-wing media, Republican politicians, donors, and even some of his family bailing on him? Is it hard to continue listening to everyone you believed so strongly in now criticizing him?
I support him because he was the one who said "Yes I abuse the system, just like every politician does, and if they really wanted to change that, they would have done so by now while they were in power." But we all know the Dems won't change the system because they benefit from it the same way Trump does. The only difference is that they have made a feral pack of people so that they can point their fingers to someone doing the exact same thing as them and say "That's the bad guy". And you will believe them.

Trump has made it so that possibly billions of people all around the world have looked at the crooked face of power and realized exactly what was wrong. You only hate him because you are told to. I like him because I thought for myself and he was right on very much of what he has said about the corruption in his and many other countries.

You want to talk about cognitive dissonance while supporting the Democrats then be my guest, but you have to at least admit to being willfully ignorant to all the truth in his words.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

I certainly felt some cognitive dissonance when I watched Pence's TV appearance. He talks about what a great time he had working with Trump, seems to skip over the part where Trump cheered on the guys who attacke the capitol and put his own family and himself at serious risk, does not denounce Trump for the 3 million lies he told. Then when asked about Trump for Pres, he says, there might be better choices for president in 2024. Not, "Hell No!" So that tells me a lot about the guy. Initially I thought, Oh well great, an alternative who could beat Trump and he's at least in touch with reality. But really he's a Trumper, but will probably try for the job himself, God Willing. If not Trump, then Me!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

rustled wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 12:00 pm I'm curious why there's an assumption anyone here "fervently support(ed) Trump".

Those with very strong feelings about Trump seem to be quite anti-Trump. Most seem to think he wouldn't be the best leader for the Republicans, although some have pointed out he may be serving the Democrats' purposes quite well.
It's not an assumption. Maybe you didn't frequent all of the Trump-related threads over the past few years... but these folks exist on these boards.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

+++ wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 12:01 pm
Jonrox wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 11:51 am An honest question for the folks here who fervently support(ed) Trump... is it causing any cognitive dissonance with right-wing media, Republican politicians, donors, and even some of his family bailing on him? Is it hard to continue listening to everyone you believed so strongly in now criticizing him?
I support him because he was the one who said "Yes I abuse the system, just like every politician does, and if they really wanted to change that, they would have done so by now while they were in power." But we all know the Dems won't change the system because they benefit from it the same way Trump does. The only difference is that they have made a feral pack of people so that they can point their fingers to someone doing the exact same thing as them and say "That's the bad guy". And you will believe them.

Trump has made it so that possibly billions of people all around the world have looked at the crooked face of power and realized exactly what was wrong. You only hate him because you are told to. I like him because I thought for myself and he was right on very much of what he has said about the corruption in his and many other countries.

You want to talk about cognitive dissonance while supporting the Democrats then be my guest, but you have to at least admit to being willfully ignorant to all the truth in his words.
:up: Good post. Thats the divide among the people. The right and center know the system is failing and want to fix it. With anyones help. The left however are using the corrupt, manipulating politics we all want to get rid of. Pointing the finger gives much easy entitlement. Challenging it takes work and integrity. The hypocrisy is what needs to be stopped. Unfortunately, the left politics have adopted hypocrisy as their platform.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

+++ wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 12:01 pm

Talking about Trump... and the truth? lol.in the same breath? His words have nothing to do with the truth, he will say any self serving thing that gets him the admiration and votes of his people. His latest speech, just another buncha blarney. He will never, never change.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 12:28 pm I certainly felt some cognitive dissonance when I watched Pence's TV appearance. He talks about what a great time he had working with Trump, seems to skip over the part where Trump cheered on the guys who attacke the capitol and put his own family and himself at serious risk, does not denounce Trump for the 3 million lies he told. Then when asked about Trump for Pres, he says, there might be better choices for president in 2024. Not, "Hell No!" So that tells me a lot about the guy. Initially I thought, Oh well great, an alternative who could beat Trump and he's at least in touch with reality. But really he's a Trumper, but will probably try for the job himself, God Willing. If not Trump, then Me!
One of the interesting things about cognitive dissonance is how we respond when we sense it.

For example, if Pence doesn't strenuously object to Trump as expected, someone who firmly believes the "Trump cheered on the guys who attacked the capitol and put Pence's family and Pence himself at serious risk" narrative may not see this cognitive dissonance as a reason to question that belief - it simply becomes a reason to think "Pence must be this kind of person". Whereas someone more skeptical of what we've been told about who did what on January 6th sees this cognitive dissonance as more reason to question the entire "Trump cheered on the guys who attacked the capitol and put Pence's family and Pence himself at serious risk" narrative, what we've been told and how we've been told it.

The subsequent dismissal of Pence as "a Trumper" then seems to me to be another offshoot of the "cult of personality" influencing much of the thinking about Trump - a form of stereotyping and bigotry, with anyone who doesn't strenuously reject Trump is categorized as someone who can't be considered "in touch with reality".
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 1:42 pm Talking about Trump... and the truth? lol.in the same breath? His words have nothing to do with the truth, he will say any self serving thing that gets him the admiration and votes of his people. His latest speech, just another buncha blarney. He will never, never change.
His latest speech is all about starting the donations, however small, for his "election bid" NOT. It's for his defense fund. Why use your own millions when you can use someone else's?
Granted some large donation sources have moved on, however I suspect there will still be millions of uneducated orange Kool-Aid drinkers sending in $10-$20 a head.

Pure scum.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

I guess we will soon find out just how many stupid YooAlls there are South of our border supporting Orange Man.

I wish they would just hurry up and find him guilty (which he is) of something and throw him in jail.
Hello Darkness my old friend...I stood up too fast again!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Old Sailor wrote: Nov 17th, 2022, 3:35 pm I wish they would just hurry up and find him guilty (which he is) of something and throw him in jail.
In addition to being able to raise funds for his campaign and use that money for his legal fees and getting free airtime to once again spread his disinformation, misinformation and lies and play the victim card for his acolytes and apologists he is probably hoping to be selected as the Republicans candidate as he thinks that will protect him from civil and criminal litigation. I am really hoping there are enough Republicans waking up to what a disaster Trump has been for their party and the country, and it does seem more and more of them are coming out every day and acknowledging that fact. I doubt we'll see Trump running for president in 2024, and as many Republicans are now saying, hope to see him humiliated in his run to be selected as their candidate. He is nothing more than a conman and grifter (who managed to con and is still conning a lot of people) and he deserves to be in jail. It is still hard to believe so many people could have been duped by this two-bit con and apart from never seeing him anywhere near the Whitehouse again, watching him get cuffed on TV and led away to serve jail time would be the best thing that could happen to start waking up the braindead who continue to support him.

Return to “World”