Theranos Fraud - 11 years - not good enough

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Theranos Fraud - 11 years - not good enough

Post by DataCruncher »

Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To 11 Years In Prison For Theranos Fraud

Nothing is more disgusting than a lying, thieving scumbag.

"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
Sonny Taylor
Board Meister

Re: Theranos Fraud - 11 years - not good enough

Post by Sonny Taylor »

DataCruncher wrote: Nov 18th, 2022, 5:28 pm Elizabeth Holmes Sentenced To 11 Years In Prison For Theranos Fraud

Nothing is more disgusting than a lying, thieving scumbag.
How she pulled of this huge fraud is a fascinating story. I haven't read the Wall Street Journal report that apparently blew her and Theranos's cover. Seems to me from other stuff I've read that she actually believed in her "product" in the early days, but upon her realization that it didn't work decided to continue her success at sucking in huge money from investors (by now fraudulent).

I was hoping to see a video of her face the moment she was sentenced, but a cursory web investigation suggests there is no courtroom video of that moment.

Too bad for her child to born soon before reporting to prison in April will not grow up to be with his/her biological mother. I have no sympathy for her though in that matter. Of course she has another very young child who will also be deprived of biological mom.

I think these are USA Federal charges she faced, and there is no parole in the federal prison system. Seems to me the best she can hope for is to serve at least 85% of her sentence.
Last edited by Sonny Taylor on Nov 18th, 2022, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

She deserves every minute.
Hello Darkness my old friend...I stood up too fast again!
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

Reason I posted the video was because it serves well to examine every gulp she took, and the brazen bare face lying while engaged in visual contact.
Not to mention she put on the masculine 'power voice'. Very well rehearsed and practiced to deceive.

* And she was so busy conniving, she overlooked the body-language.
(Her posture was telling a different story)
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I don't see the big deal. She did capitalism with a dash of pseudo science. No more deceitful than big oil making profits during a recession and inflation.... it's not personal....its business
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 18th, 2022, 10:28 pm I don't see the big deal. She did capitalism with a dash of pseudo science. No more deceitful than big oil making profits during a recession and inflation.... it's not personal....its business
Birds of a feather ...
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

Elizabeth Holmes was born February 3, 1984, in Washington, D.C.[10] Her father, Christian Rasmus Holmes IV, was a vice president at Enron, an energy company that later went bankrupt after an accounting fraud scandal. Her mother, Noel Anne (née Daoust), worked as a Congressional committee staffer.[11][10] Christian later held executive positions in government agencies such as USAID, the EPA, and USTDA.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

DataCruncher wrote: Nov 19th, 2022, 4:20 am Elizabeth Holmes was born February 3, 1984, in Washington, D.C.[10] Her father, Christian Rasmus Holmes IV, was a vice president at Enron, an energy company that later went bankrupt after an accounting fraud scandal. Her mother, Noel Anne (née Daoust), worked as a Congressional committee staffer.[11][10] Christian later held executive positions in government agencies such as USAID, the EPA, and USTDA.
See.....Enron.....she learned early that you can warp economics and business and get away with it. Bilking ordinary citizens out of money and pensions - while the government turns a blind eye. What she did was nothing new. Its the way business is done today. Free market capitalism and stuff.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Just going to post a name Bernie Madoff
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”