Ukraine war/President/news

Even Steven
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Even Steven »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 26th, 2022, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Recent satellite image.

Ukraine is winning!

Or Ukraine is part of the Black Sea!

Either way, victory is right around the corner!

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Total insanity. Every western media outlet has the same story "Ukraine winning bigly!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Mazdatruck wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 11:11 am Recent satellite image.

Ukraine is winning!

Or Ukraine is part of the Black Sea!

Either way, victory is right around the corner!

yup, that's pretty bad, going to be a long cold winter
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Mazdatruck wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 11:11 am
That's impossible.

We were told Russia run out of missiles 8 months ago and are too dumb to make new ones.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 7:28 pm We were told Russia run out of missiles 8 months ago and are too dumb to make new ones.
Russians aren't stupid. Anyone that can make a missile from washing machine parts is pretty clever in my mind.

Apparently they are still getting western components from shell companies.
Regardless, Ukraine will be in hard this winter however the thought of being under Russian rule will have Ukrainians, I suspect toughing it out. The west will do their best to help with humanitarian aid as well as more military hardware to keep the ruskies at bay the best they can.

Poo-tin is inflicting untold hardship on the Ukrainians for what end? he wants Ukraine under his sphere of influence and Ukraine wants to lean to the west. Insecure little man.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Saturday Night in Kyiv.

Sunday Morning arrival of Scott Kelly in Kyiv.

I'm not convinced this is what a breaking point looks like, but I differ to the experts that can copy/paste 4 (almost 5)-day old images from Black Marble. (Before you tell me I suck at math - I know, but that's not what's going on here. It appears the twitter user you scooped the image from, acquired it from a browser in eastern Europe.)

I do requests...
Untitled-3.jpg
The last grid attack was I believe 6/7 days ago. I'm sure there will be another, but there likely won't be as many of those Shahed 136 Iranian drones. The Iranian drone instructors and drones were involved in a smoking accident a few days back. While we're on the topic... anyone have any ideas why the Russians are sending concrete filled cruise missiles without warheads? Seems counter-intuitive to me, but perhaps they just have so many of them, they don't even need to detonate them anymore.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Wow! Scott Kelly!! Uhh.. who is that?

Interesting news on Polish military graveyard for the roughly 1200 soldiers theyve had killed in Ukraine so far.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Also the Ukie refugees living on a moored cruise ship in Scotland and health concerns there. People hopefully starting to realize that "Huh, 'whatever it takes' means in practice keeping a bunch of foreigners moored on cruise ships.... forever..."
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

seewood wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 7:55 pm The west will do their best to help with humanitarian aid as well as more military hardware ...
[icon_lol2.gif] Yeah the West is doing their best. :up:

Breaking News: European top officials accuse USA of war profiteering. We all know it. We all know why not one :cuss: in USA government mentioned the word "peace" or "negotiate."
We all know why Ottawa - our leaders - gave Zelensky three standing ovations. That guy was a godsend for USA and Canadian warmongers.

Go watch Jimmy Dore - Europe Accuses U.S. Of War Profiteering Off Ukraine
I'm not going to put all his videos on this forum.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 9:52 pmWhile we're on the topic... anyone have any ideas why the Russians are sending concrete filled cruise missiles without warheads? Seems counter-intuitive to me, but perhaps they just have so many of them, they don't even need to detonate them anymore.
Few reasons - one is overloading their defence units. When too many targets show up, Ukrainians can only target a certain number so while they deal with decoys, the real missiles fly where they need to be flying.

And another reason - probably a more important one. Ukrainians keep their defence radars offline because when they're online they can be easily targeted by anti-radar missiles or planes or artillery and instead rely on NATO radars working outside of their airspace (NATO planes and drones) to feed them information and they involve their SAMs only at the last moment. So, Russia is in the dark about their SAMs positions. By launching dummy missiles, they force Ukrainian SAM radars to come online, capture their locations, and destroy them.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 4:25 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 9:52 pmWhile we're on the topic... anyone have any ideas why the Russians are sending concrete filled cruise missiles without warheads? Seems counter-intuitive to me, but perhaps they just have so many of them, they don't even need to detonate them anymore.
Few reasons - one is overloading their defence units. When too many targets show up, Ukrainians can only target a certain number so while they deal with decoys, the real missiles fly where they need to be flying.

And another reason - probably a more important one. Ukrainians keep their defence radars offline because when they're online they can be easily targeted by anti-radar missiles or planes or artillery and instead rely on NATO radars working outside of their airspace (NATO planes and drones) to feed them information and they involve their SAMs only at the last moment. So, Russia is in the dark about their SAMs positions. By launching dummy missiles, they force Ukrainian SAM radars to come online, capture their locations, and destroy them.
TIL, thanks for this.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Mazdatruck wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 4:39 pmTIL, thanks for this.
NP. That's one of the reasons why Russia hasn't been using bomber planes for strikes inside Ukrainian territory (outside of tactical strikes close to the front lines) and relying on missiles and drones. The risk to lose a whole lot of planes to S-200/300 is too high as the country is still filled with SAMs, and they hide them really well by keeping them offline and relying on data fed by NATO.

If it wasn't for NATO data and satellites, Ukrainian SAMs would be long gone, and with total domination in the air, the war would be over cause any military unit, any truck, and any train carrying military targets would be fair game to fighter bombers.

You can actually see the drones/surveillance planes activity on flight radar:

Here's one flying in Romania without entering Ukrainian air space and risking anything:

Here's one flying over Black Sea and monitoring anything that happens in Crimea:

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Very interesting, I mean that implies real-time coordination with the Ukrainians. I guess we all kind of knew it was happening but to see the proof. You do hear of US advisors attached at pretty much every level of command.

I guess its the same way "Ukrainians" have been able to so rapidly deploy HIMARS to great effect. And probably why so much hesitation to have "Ukrainians" operating Patriot batteries in Ukraine.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Heres a nice quote from Kissinger

"The demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy. It is an excuse for not having one."

Return to “World”