Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Your Kelowna in 2023, in the Aftermath of Basran; is Better, is Worse or is just the Same?

1. Basran made my Kelowna Better
19%
2. Basran made my Kelowna Worse
69%
3. Basran had no impact on my Kelowna
12%

Total votes: 137

raft-cove
Übergod

Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by raft-cove »

Time for the people to grade the performance of Colin Basran while mayor of Kelowna.

VaxxNOTsafe, ImmuneSystemWorkedThanks.

"$afe & Effective" but you might need a wheelchair!

Anyone know a Drama Teacher who's qualified to provide Medical Advice?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Your Kelowna in 2023, the Aftermath of Basran; Better, Worse or the Same?

Post by the truth »

this useless hump gets a big fat F
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

Mr Basran was “a developer’s mayor.* I do not believe that he ever saw a large development he did not like or support. This left many citizens and neighbourhoods wondering what was the value of an OCP.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My understanding is that the Mayor votes to break a tie...so how is everything his fault?

Wouldn't the majority of everyone's complaints be caused by the council members?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
BelieverinSciencethanks
Board Meister

Post by BelieverinSciencethanks »

erinmore3775 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:38 pm Mr Basran was “a developer’s mayor.* I do not believe that he ever saw a large development he did not like or support. This left many citizens and neighbourhoods wondering what was the value of an OCP.
I give him a solid A as mayor. Like it or not, Kelowna is growing rapidly and people have to live somewhere. What's the alternative? Restrict people from living here? (anathema to democracy), or grow the community out into agricultural lands? I've never understood why people don't get this.
Last edited by BelieverinSciencethanks on Nov 26th, 2022, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

^^^ yes.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bsuds wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 3:58 pm My understanding is that the Mayor votes to break a tie...so how is everything his fault?

Wouldn't the majority of everyone's complaints be caused by the council members?
Basran sucked up to Walter Grey (I know for a fact) when he was running for a council seat and told Grey his asperations of running for mayor. Walter Grey basically groomed the :cuss: ing moron on how to get the backing of the developers and use their money and in turn served Basran to the developers like a dead pig on a tray with an apple in its mouth.

Now, do you honestly think these nine elected do not talk amongst themselves away from the council meetings? Basran gets schooled with the "wants" by the Jonathon Friesen's of the world along with either Ron Mattiussi or that piece of :cuss: Doug Gilchrist. Once Basran is "schooled" he in turn feeds the bull :cuss: into the council members.......but not Charlie Hodge.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lesliepaul wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 6:09 pm
Bsuds wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 3:58 pm My understanding is that the Mayor votes to break a tie...so how is everything his fault?

Basran sucked up to Walter Grey (I know for a fact) when he was running for a council seat and told Grey his asperations of running for mayor. Walter Grey basically groomed the :cuss: ing idiot on how to get the backing of the developers and use their money and in turn served Basran to the developers like a dead pig on a tray with an apple in its mouth.

Now, do you honestly think these nine elected do not talk amongst themselves away from the council meetings? Basran gets schooled with the "wants" by the Jonathon Friesen's of the world along with either Ron Mattiussi or that piece of :cuss: Doug Gilchrist. Once Basran is "schooled" he in turn feeds the bull :cuss: into the council members.......but not Charlie Hodge.
100% correct.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

BelieverinSciencethanks wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 4:00 pm
erinmore3775 wrote: Nov 26th, 2022, 2:38 pm Mr Basran was “a developer’s mayor.* I do not believe that he ever saw a large development he did not like or support. This left many citizens and neighbourhoods wondering what was the value of an OCP.
I give him a solid A as mayor. Like it or not, Kelowna is growing rapidly and people have to live somewhere. What's the alternative? Restrict people from living here? (anathema to democracy), or grow the community out into agricultural lands? I've never understood why people don't get this.
I wouldn't waste a second of my time trying to explain how unbelievably useless Basran and the rest of Kelowna city council has been for the last two terms to someone whose mind was made up and narrowed it down to your above statement.
raft-cove
Übergod

Post by raft-cove »

So far 70% of voters here say Kelowna is now worse after the 8yr Reign of Basran.

Numbers telling the real story.

70%
VaxxNOTsafe, ImmuneSystemWorkedThanks.

"$afe & Effective" but you might need a wheelchair!

Anyone know a Drama Teacher who's qualified to provide Medical Advice?
Fordchevf150

Post by Fordchevf150 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 28th, 2022, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/ ... ighway-33

It will be interesting how the Basran-less Council will deal with this proposal. The “Calgary architecture business called MTA has submitted a development permit application along with plans to the City of Kelowna for a six-storey, 161-unit development that would feature townhouses at street level. MTA is also asking for a site-specific text amendment to reduce the minimum amount of ground-floor commercial space along Highway 33 from the required 90% to none.”...“The project has a specific focus of providing units that would be geared towards students and young couples.” Since the developer is requesting a 4 parking place reduction, I would be interested in knowing if EV charging stations are being required.
This seems like the type of development that should be fast tracked by the new Council.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
BelieverinSciencethanks
Board Meister

Post by BelieverinSciencethanks »

raft-cove wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 7:37 pm

So far 70% of voters here say Kelowna is now worse after the 8yr Reign of Basran.

70%
30% see the big picture about Kelowna's inevitable future perhaps? Might as well plan for it in a way that is sustainable for future generations.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

BelieverinSciencethanks wrote: Nov 28th, 2022, 5:34 pm

70%
30% see the big picture about Kelowna's inevitable future perhaps? Might as well plan for it in a way that is sustainable for future generations.
[icon_lol2.gif]
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

BelieverinSciencethanks wrote: Nov 28th, 2022, 5:34 pm

70%
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No doubt coming from someone who has never had to pay property taxes.......you know......taxpayers. The ones in Kelowna who have to support the developers who keep straining the infrastructure of the city and making the rest pay while they play.

:cuss: Basran........hope he :cuss: :cuss: !
Last edited by lesliepaul on Nov 28th, 2022, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”