Ukraine war/President/news

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by gertlush »

And a thought experiment for our freedom luvvin folk:

If you have an argument with your partner, you generally realize afterwards, on reflection, that some of your actions caused it.

So does the same apply to conflicts among states? I guess the alternative is we are just super awesome people who are always right. Comforting isn't it?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 4:25 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 9:52 pmWhile we're on the topic... anyone have any ideas why the Russians are sending concrete filled cruise missiles without warheads? Seems counter-intuitive to me, but perhaps they just have so many of them, they don't even need to detonate them anymore.
Few reasons - one is overloading their defence units. When too many targets show up, Ukrainians can only target a certain number so while they deal with decoys, the real missiles fly where they need to be flying.

And another reason - probably a more important one. Ukrainians keep their defence radars offline because when they're online they can be easily targeted by anti-radar missiles or planes or artillery and instead rely on NATO radars working outside of their airspace (NATO planes and drones) to feed them information and they involve their SAMs only at the last moment. So, Russia is in the dark about their SAMs positions. By launching dummy missiles, they force Ukrainian SAM radars to come online, capture their locations, and destroy them.
That all makes perfect sense, but they are using 13-million-dollar missiles designed to carry a nuclear payload.

"Dummy missiles" indeed.
gertlush wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 8:22 pm Very interesting, I mean that implies real-time coordination with the Ukrainians. I guess we all kind of knew it was happening but to see the proof. You do hear of US advisors attached at pretty much every level of command.

I guess its the same way "Ukrainians" have been able to so rapidly deploy HIMARS to great effect. And probably why so much hesitation to have "Ukrainians" operating Patriot batteries in Ukraine.
There have literally been news stories with video footage from NATO AWACS aircraft showing the level of cooperation. Of course, those have also been mainstream media reports and we all know how some people view the legacy media reports. I don't believe NATO has invited any grassroots live streamers onto their platforms as of yet.

Each passing missile strike brings those Patriot batteries closer to Ukraine. Germany committed a system to Poland and then decided it wants to send it into Ukraine for maximum effect. Of course, that is problematic to NATO and hasn't happened yet.
gertlush wrote: Nov 29th, 2022, 9:28 pm And a thought experiment for our freedom luvvin folk:

If you have an argument with your partner, you generally realize afterwards, on reflection, that some of your actions caused it.

So does the same apply to conflicts among states? I guess the alternative is we are just super awesome people who are always right. Comforting isn't it?
I'd suggest if your partner starts shooting at you and blowing things up around the house, you're really not in a good partnership and you should probably leave said union. I believe it's called irreconcilable differences. The only remedy is separation and firm boundaries to limit future interactions. (But, I'm not a marriage counselor.)
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Patriots aint gonna happen. Even if it did why wouldnt Russia just blow everything up before they arrive? And guaranteed they would target them heavily so that bodies start coming back to Germany and USA USA

Interesting that when we blow up infrastructure its "shock and awe" and when the Rooskies do it its "genocidal war crimes".
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 10:58 am Patriots aint gonna happen. Even if it did why wouldnt Russia just blow everything up before they arrive? And guaranteed they would target them heavily so that bodies start coming back to Germany and USA USA

Interesting that when we blow up infrastructure its "shock and awe" and when the Rooskies do it its "genocidal war crimes".
There's a whole long list of things Russia would blow up before it arrived, but they haven't been able to do that.

Just for fun I'm going to post this latest picture of Girkin the sewer rat. He was recently convicted for bringing down MH 17 and if this is the full extent of his freedom for the rest of his life, it's fitting. He should be spending his days in a hole in the ground.

The Russian rhetoric is heating up again and Russians are now being told if they lose this war with Ukraine, all of them (146 million last I checked) will be on trial at the Hauge. This is an example, but the theme is being followed on all the talk shows of the last couple of days.

I could list others.

There's another conscription coming and this one will likely be accompanied by some form of martial law to keep civil unrest down.

In other news, stuff keeps failing with the energy and power infrastructure in Russia. The thermal power plant in Perm and a major fuel depot in Bryansk - smoking accidents in the last 24 hrs. It's going to be a long cold winter in parts of Russia.

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Interesting that Europe remains the largest importer of Russian diesel, with imports increasing as they try to stock up ahead of the Feb 5th ban.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

gertlush wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 2:19 pm Interesting that Europe remains the largest importer of Russian diesel, with imports increasing as they try to stock up ahead of the Feb 5th ban.
Because they have NO other source of fuel.

Either buy fuel from the enemy or freeze to death.

The Russians are weaponizing cold weather and heating fuel. This is a direct attack upon the civilian population.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

alanjh595 wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 2:31 pm The Russians are weaponizing cold weather and heating fuel. This is a direct attack upon the civilian population.
Yes, Pootin invented and deployed winter just this year :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

alanjh595 wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 2:31 pm
gertlush wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 2:19 pm Interesting that Europe remains the largest importer of Russian diesel, with imports increasing as they try to stock up ahead of the Feb 5th ban.

The Russians are weaponizing cold weather and heating fuel. This is a direct attack upon the civilian population.
So whats gonna be the story next summer when Europe has even less diesel, Russia is weaponizing sunshine!? [icon_lol2.gif]
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Even Steven wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 3:18 pm
alanjh595 wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 2:31 pm The Russians are weaponizing cold weather and heating fuel. This is a direct attack upon the civilian population.
Yes, Pootin invented and deployed winter just this year :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]
This is the 1st year that he has "weaponized it", in an tempt to win an illegal invasion of another country.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

In regards to war trials and being summoned......what would make the Russian members be accountable? Especially considering that Jan 6th criminals in the USA were subpoenaed and many didn't even show. If America can't even compel their own criminals to be accountable - Putin and co can just laugh at international justice.
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

alanjh595 wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 4:03 pm This is the 1st year that he has "weaponized it", in an tempt to win an illegal invasion of another country.
It was the Europeans who sanctioned Russia, Russia would have no problem selling energy to Europe, so long as they pay in Rubles.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 4:39 pm In regards to war trials and being summoned......what would make the Russian members be accountable? Especially considering that Jan 6th criminals in the USA were subpoenaed and many didn't even show. If America can't even compel their own criminals to be accountable - Putin and co can just laugh at international justice.
Totally different from the topic.

:topic:
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

alanjh595 wrote: Nov 30th, 2022, 2:31 pm

Sure nice of the Russkies to keep selling it, seeing as they are enemies and all.. wait, why is Russia our enemy again?? Theyve done nowt to us in the West, other than deliver a colossal *bleep* kicking to the puppet state we set up to annoy them.

Sometimes I wonder if we may have, i dunno, provoked them? Its almost like we are the *bleep* bags!
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

How many Ukranian soldiers died so far? Well, Russian govt says 135,000. Huge number but why would you trust them? You can't trust the enemy propaganda on number of casualties - just like when Ukraine’s or their allies publish their figures on Russian casualties (which I find laughable for the same reason)

Well, what if European govt themselves (closest Ukranian ally) say it's over 100,000?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pravda ... /index.amp
On 30 November, Ursula von der Leyen, the Head of the European Commission, dedicated her address to the plan of confiscation of frozen Russian assets and the creation of a special tribunal to punish Russia for the crime of aggression against Ukraine. The text and video of the address has been published on the website of the European Commission and on von der Leyen’s social media accounts.

At the beginning of her address, von der Leyen said that Russia's invasion of Ukraine brought death, devastation and untold suffering, and that it was estimated that "over 20,000 civilians and 100,000 Ukrainian soldiers have died in Ukraine to date."

Hmmm, Russian figures aren't that far off?...probably accounts for 30,000+ dead poles, Romanians, British and other foreign fighters.

Interesting when Russian and European govts agree on something.

https://news.yahoo.com/von-der-leyen-st ... 00213.html

And no, I'm not jumping for joy. This is just awful. I'm pointing out how much lying we've seen from western media and there comes a time when it's so obviously fake and truth comes out. Awful truth. From their own allies who know a thing or two about how things really are.

Well, somebody has to pay for western hegemony. For our economic superiority. Might as well be Ukranians, right?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 1st, 2022, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Return to “World”