Ukraine war/President/news

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 12:06 am Any credible links or sources re new Ukie wunderwaffe?
Yes, but I'm not putting them up here again and I can't read them out loud to you. Even if I did, I suspect you would glaze over and not be able to understand them.
gertlush wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 12:06 am Seems pretty token to me. Amazing too how the Ukrainians go from crying out for air defense to knocking em all out of the sky... and yet Russkies still inflict more damage to the grid... again. Optics, all optics. Can't have bad news stories.
Yeah, okay. If you look at the December 5th exchange, Russia launched 70 missiles and 10 hit. A 85% successful interdiction on the part of Ukrainian air defense. Or, 15% successful strike on the part of the Russians. Ukraine launched two drones, had a 100% strike. Or, if it helps you understand things better, Russia had a 0% interdiction success rate.

Optics? Yeah, there were some. Deuce went for a drive across the Crimean bridge and Russian media showed clips of Chechen fighters in Bakhmut. Of course, we have to ignore the fact they were Chechens fighting on the side of Ukraine and not the Kadyrov TikTok brigade fighting for Russia.
gertlush wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 12:06 am Russia now has more men, tanks, artillery, aircraft, resources all across the front. Only question is what theyll do with it, if and when.
[icon_lol2.gif] And suddenly, almost as if by magic...Russia has more tanks, artillery and aircraft. Yeah, right... [icon_lol2.gif] I don't suppose you have any kind of credible link or source for that information. Of course, you don't.

As for this great Russian assault you see coming... I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. They will likely, one day break through in Bakhmut, but that's only because they are using people they see as sub-human and don't care about the losses they are taking. Even if they do, they'll simply be pinned down and remain as cannon fodder in the bombed out remains of the city.
Last edited by Drip_Torch on Dec 6th, 2022, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

gertlush wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 12:33 pm One thing I will say about the Ukie drone strikes, its a cryin shame to blow up the Bears, magnificent aircraft.
Kind of like the Antonov An-225 Mriya I guess.
*bleep* for tat perhaps.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

You expose your ignorance of these affairs, read about Operation Aleppo for the blueprint. Russias #1 focus is force preservation. Ukraine is far past their peak of effectiveness and their capability is declining rapidly in absolute terms. Russia gets stronger.

Will they attack? I suspect it is wait and see time.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

gertlush wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 1:41 pm You expose your ignorance of these affairs, read about Operation Aleppo for the blueprint. Russias #1 focus is force preservation. Ukraine is far past their peak of effectiveness and their capability is declining rapidly in absolute terms. Russia gets stronger.

Will they attack? I suspect it is wait and see time.
News flash! They attacked on February 24, 2022. They have advanced backwards and lost 55% of their gains in the last 6 months. "Force preservation" - OMG, we live in completely different worlds. VDV - Kaput. Kaliningrad's 11th Army Corps - gone... The list goes on and on. Here's a look at your forces around Bakhmut right now, but I'm sure they start charging forward any moment. https://twitter.com/i/status/1600247666071326721

Thanks for all the links to the information you have on where Russia is getting all these new aircraft, tanks and artillery from.

:topic:

Air Raid sirens going off at Engels 2. That's an upgrade, didn't happen the other night. :smt045
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 1:38 pm Kind of like the Antonov An-225 Mriya I guess.
*bleep* for tat perhaps.
Ahhhh, AN-225. The product of the communist past - just like anything of value in Ukraine - their power plants, electrical grid, manufacturing, and a large part of Ukraine's territories that were given to them by dang communists. Incuding nuclear weapons that they're so rear-end-hurt about giving up - like they had a choice.

So, all the strikes that are happening and levelling all of it for the last two months are nothing but a campaign of de-communization which is something the Ukrainian govt has been trying to achieve. Russia is just helping them. They should be praised :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]

I mean, if they hate communism so much they should also give up everything communism created for them, right? It's only logical.

It's a shame though, AN-225 was a beautiful plane, I saw it take off in Berlin once.
PoplarSoul
Guru

Post by PoplarSoul »

Even Steven wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 2:28 pm
PoplarSoul wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 1:38 pm Kind of like the Antonov An-225 Mriya I guess.
*bleep* for tat perhaps.
Ahhhh, AN-225. The product of the communist past - just like anything of value in Ukraine - their power plants, electrical grid, manufacturing, and a large part of Ukraine's territories that were given to them by dang communists. Incuding nuclear weapons that they're so rear-end-hurt about giving up - like they had a choice.

So, all the strikes that are happening and levelling all of it for the last two months are nothing but a campaign of de-communization which is something the Ukrainian govt has been trying to achieve. Russia is just helping them. They should be praised :biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif]

I mean, if they hate communism so much they should also give up everything communism created for them, right? It's only logical.

It's a shame though, AN-225 was a beautiful plane, I saw it take off in Berlin once.
Not sure what you're going on about.
The poster mentioned that "Bear" was a magnificent aircraft.
I thought Antonov An-225 Mriya was a beautiful aircraft as well.
Shrugs.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

gertlush wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 12:33 pm One thing I will say about the Ukie drone strikes, its a cryin shame to blow up the Bears, magnificent aircraft.
They managed to scratch one, but on the same day had dozens of targets bombed all across the country. Good deal, I guess. If you're heavily snorting cocaine like Zelensky does, you can even call it even :)

Just like the Crimea bridge that they damaged and the one that has been fixed by now (less than 2 months), but their entire country is being bombed.

Hope it was worth it :up:
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ukraine for dummies: From breadbasket to basket case

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote: Feb 25th, 2019, 3:39 pm ImageDonetsk Airport - before and after criminals took over the country
Someone tell me what kind of criminals bomb the newest airport in their own country?

Canada and USA sent $billions to the criminals in Ukraine who bombed their own airport and killed
14,000 of their own people.

USA (+Canada) warmongers started the war in Ukraine in 2014.
:up: Way to go

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Ukraine by dummies: From breadbasket to basket case

Post by Drip_Torch »

This Donetsk Airport, in Ukraine? The one being attacked by Russian back rebels, led by former FSB agent Igor Girkin and being shelled by "Motorola" in this video from 2014?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRonKsDzeE&t=290s

Yes, we probably should have done more to protect Ukrainian sovereignty and put a lid on Russian imperialism back then, but as Obama said at the time, "it is complicated".

Not so complicated now, but you're right, the Russian backed rebels totally destroyed a nice airport. "Motorola" lost his head in an elevator explosion after MH-17's downing and Igor Girkin just recently crawled out of his hole and made his way back to Moscow.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

There is talk of america giving ukraine some rockets that can go 600 miles . If that happens then ukraine will be able to blast the russians out of crimea
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

For those cheering on this next phase of attacking Russian Nuclear Airbases.

Russia will now escalate to targeting weapons before they enter Ukraine.

What would the US do if the Iraqi army started hitting airbases in Ohio?

Same "illegal" invasion same home soil attack.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 4:57 pm Russia will now escalate to targeting weapons before they enter Ukraine.
It may well end up in a nuclear conflagration as the weapons arriving to Ukraine are coming from NATO countries.

We all know, or should do, that an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all, Article 5 ?
Russia will soon realize that NATO would wipe Putin's backside, even if he didn't fall down stairs, in a conventional confrontation. It goes nuclear, we can only assume.
This war that Poo-tin started could get ugly before long, or more ugly.
Anyway, definitely a black eye for the Russian war machine. They keep shooting missiles at Ukraine from those aircraft, I suspect there will be accidents at Russian airfields.
Too many Russians smoke evidently. : "Ukraine never publicly acknowledges responsibility for attacks inside Russia. Asked about the strikes, Defence Minister Oleskiy Reznikov repeated a longstanding joke blaming carelessness with cigarettes. "Very often Russians smoke in places where it's forbidden to smoke," he said."
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

seewood wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 5:23 pm This war that Poo-tin started could get ugly before long, or more ugly.
The US started this by insisting that Ukraine become part of NATO.

Russia said it was a direct threat to them. They were 100% right.

Now US is calling for "the end of Russia". Exactly what Putin said would happen.

The home soil of Russia is now being attacked. Russia will use their nukes before they let the US regime change them. That means we all die and the world ends so clue-the-heck in.
Anyway, definitely a black eye for the Russian war machine.
Wait for the retaliation.

What happened the last time Ukraine attacked Russian soil?

Ukraine lost their entire energy grid.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 5:32 pm The US started this by insisting that Ukraine become part of NATO.
Nope, Russia started this as they wanted Ukraine to be under the Russian sphere of influence. Zelenski does not want any part of Russia, he was leaning west unlike previous Ukrainian governments.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 5:32 pm Russia said it was a direct threat to them. They were 100% right.
They are paranoid little men. The Baltic states are on the Russian border as well but prior to them being accepted into NATO, Russia never invaded. Russia is 100% wrong. Ukraine had absolutely no intention to "invade" Russia and Ukraine would continue to purchase gas and other commodities, at market rates if they were accepted into the European Union as was Ukraine's desire.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 5:32 pm Now US is calling for "the end of Russia". Exactly what Putin said would happen.
Now you're being silly. Genghis Kahn was the only one to defeat Russia, such as it was back then.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 5:32 pm The home soil of Russia is now being attacked. Russia will use their nukes before they let the US regime change them. That means we all die and the world ends so clue-the-heck in.
The home soil of an independent, soverghn nation is being attacked( by Russia) and has been since February. Not the other way around, right..we should all agree to that. They are fighting back as it should be apparent to Russia by now that Ukraine have no intention to come under Russian sphere of influence, (code for corruption) The west, by proxy is helping Ukraine maintain their independence and ability to choose their own destiny.
Off topic, but the same will likely happen if China tries to take independent, democratic, soverghn Taiwan by force.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

seewood wrote: Dec 6th, 2022, 5:50 pm
Nope, Russia started this as they wanted Ukraine to be under the Russian sphere of influence.
Nope, neutral.

They can be anything they just can't be Uncle Sam's little arm's depot.

Now they' ll be dust and US arms manufacturers will get rich and we all might die.

Return to “World”