Ukraine war/President/news

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Mazdatruck »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 7:42 am I disagree , russia cant take on ukraine . Russia is on same level as canada except for nukes
When Germany invaded Poland to take it over and control it, Hitler garrisoned 1.2 million troops.

Russia used what, 300,000 troops in Ukraine?

Do you think Putin skipped over WWII history?

How can anyone suggest that Putin was trying to "take Ukraine for his own" with 300,000 troops?

The order of business was always just to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO. He's done that.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 5:45 pm The order of business was always just to prevent Ukraine from joining NATO. He's done that.
Guess what, time does not stand still. Ukraine did not join this year obviously, however there is next year and perhaps even 2024 or beyond.

Something about NATO ex Warsaw pact countries, other than Belarus, seem to want to join. Just perhaps being behind the repressive iron curtain all those years " sucked" (L-Lords word :up: ), to a point those ex Warsaw pact countries much prefer a democratic, capitalist style of doing business.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 5:45 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 7:42 am I disagree , russia cant take on ukraine . Russia is on same level as canada except for nukes
When Germany invaded Poland to take it over and control it, Hitler garrisoned 1.2 million troops.

Russia used what, 300,000 troops in Ukraine?

Do you think Putin skipped over WWII history?
No, but apparently you did. 800,000 to 1 million Soviet troops also invaded Poland, in support of the Nazis, on September 17, 1939 through two fronts. So, it was actually 2 - 2.2 million troops between those two allies, at the time, to take Poland.

Putin may have studied WWII history, but he sure didn't think this one through. Nato is growing exponentially in both membership and armaments since he started this unprovoked war.

:smt045
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

seewood wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 5:33 pmOK, lets get :topic:
LOL, ok sport.
The Ukrainians are fighting to remain an independent soverghn country, free from Russian corrupt influence. I can't explain it any simpler than that :130:
Yes, it's a nice propaganda headline, and good for you for believing in it.

I'm of the opinion that Ukraine is a victim of western corrupt influence that caused a violent coup d'état, caused a civil war inside Ukraine, caused a Ukrainian collision with Russia that resulted in Russian military action, caused 100,000+ Ukrainian soldiers to die by their own estimates, and will probably cause larger military conflict. Oh, LOL@ country led by a cocaine-snorting president doing everything his western masters telling him to do being an "independent sovereign country" where all independent media, unions, and parties (except for neo-nazi sympathizers) are banned.

Their soldiers with machine guns are raiding women's monasteries because Zelensky is crapping his pants afraid of any sign of dissent. The dude is afraid of bible-thumping chicks. Yes, that's the picture of a democratic and free country [icon_lol2.gif]

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Drip_Torch wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 6:50 pm No, but apparently you did. 800,000 to 1 million Soviet troops also invaded Poland, in support of the Nazis, on September 17, 1939 through two fronts. So, it was actually 2 - 2.2 million troops between those two allies, at the time, to take Poland.
Thanks for the extra boost to my point.

So Putin was going to "take over and claim" Ukraine with 300k, eh?

...when they needed 2.2 million troops to take over Poland?

Every Russian military planner knows this number too I suppose.

Let me guess - they were using washing machine parts when they were doing the troop calculations needed to bring Russia back to it's former glory and take over Ukraine and absorb it?
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

seewood wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 5:52 pm Guess what, time does not stand still. Ukraine did not join this year obviously, however there is next year and perhaps even 2024 or beyond.
The more resolve the US shows for bringing Ukraine into NATO, the harder Russia will pound Ukraine into the stone age.

NATO will not accept a 3rd world country with no infrastructure and no economy, rife with corruption and one-state-police-state Government. Opposition parties are outlawed. There is no open media. Churches are banned. There will be nothing left, no water mains, roads, electricity, communications. US knows this, but they will not lose face and they stand to make tonnes of cash. They will run this until the rims fall off.

The US is the one looking to keep Ukraine whole and harvest it's riches. To Russia, all they care about is keeping Ukraine from becoming a threat to them. Ukraine was "lost" in 2014 when the US regime changed it. Russia will be perfectly happy with a big giant no-mans-land wasteland between them and NATO forces looking to regime change them.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^^^ :dash:
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm NATO will not accept a 3rd world country with no infrastructure and no economy, rife with corruption and one-state-police-state Government.
Guess Russia will never be a member then eh.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm Opposition parties are outlawed.
In Russia yes they are. Apparently anyone challenging Poo-tin comes down with a bad case of Novichock.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm There is no open media. Churches are banned.
Now now then, pretty sure poo-tin has banned any discussion or even mentioning the word " war" regarding their stupid invasion.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm There will be nothing left, no water mains, roads, electricity, communications.
Bollocks, Hyperbole again
Somehow the Ukrainians managed to harvest and ship grain to starving countries, more than what Russia has done.

G'night
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

seewood wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:55 pm ^^^^^^ :dash:
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm NATO will not accept a 3rd world country with no infrastructure and no economy, rife with corruption and one-state-police-state Government.
In Russia yes they are. Apparently anyone challenging Poo-tin comes down with a bad case of Novichock.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm There is no open media. Churches are banned.
Now now then, pretty sure poo-tin has banned any discussion or even mentioning the word " war" regarding their stupid invasion.
[icon_lol2.gif] :up:

The sign reads, "I love my dad".

The fine for discrediting the Russian army was 30,000 rubles.

Meanwhile in Kursk, Russia... "Sorry for your loss". Here's a matching set of three towels and a bag of vegetables to help ease your grief.

Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

seewood wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:55 pm

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:19 pm There will be nothing left, no water mains, roads, electricity, communications.
Somehow the Ukrainians managed to harvest and ship grain to starving countries, more than what Russia has done.

G'night
The Russian Ruble is stronger than ever, while Ukraine had to devalue and will weaken more.

Our sanctions carved out Russian energy, giving Putin a huge energy windfall.

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 10:04 pm
seewood wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 8:55 pm

G'night
The Russian Ruble is stronger than ever, while Ukraine had to devalue and will weaken more.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Meanwhile, in the real world...

If you were to consider all the currencies traded in the world as a whole pie, the Russian Rubles slice of that pie has fallen from 1.1% of the world currency trades in April of 2019, to 0.2% in April of 2022. On the list of Currencies traded by value, it is number 34 of 35.

Right below the Colombian peso and right above the Romanian leu. So yeah, the ruble is worth slightly more than nothing if you can find someone interested in buying it. But hey, keep saving those kopecks - one day soon they might be a collector's item.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

*sigh*

Oh, those Russians and their cigarettes. This time, the Mega Khimki mall in Moscow, and I suspect they'll be a little late opening this morning.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601123478941630464

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601095820979625985

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601108379560480772

Also appears the Barnaul, tire factory is Kaput. All four stories going up in flames. There's video, but it's just the single largest tire factory in Russia getting destroyed. Meh... How about just a screen shot.
Untitled-5.jpg

33 fire trucks, 110 firefighters and things were so difficult they had to bring in a fire train. (No idea what that is, I'm nowhere near old enough)

How are things going on the front? Oh yes, I found that whole "Brothers in Arms" vibe. *Typical warnings... war zone, stupid people, doing stupid things*

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601135406460055552

Igor Girkin has published a new video. It's fresh and I haven't been able to find a copy captioned in English yet, but he sounds like he might lose his balance and fall out of a window soon. He's saying something to the effect of the Surovikin defense line - aka the Toblerone Line - is being built to WWII standards and wouldn't slow down a Mongol cavalry.

gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Drip_Torch wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 10:43 pm
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 8th, 2022, 10:04 pm

[icon_lol2.gif]

Meanwhile, in the real world...

If you were to consider all the currencies traded in the world as a whole pie, the Russian Rubles slice of that pie has fallen from 1.1% of the world currency trades in April of 2019, to 0.2% in April of 2022. On the list of Currencies traded by value, it is number 34 of 35.

Right below the Colombian peso and right above the Romanian leu. So yeah, the ruble is worth slightly more than nothing if you can find someone interested in buying it. But hey, keep saving those kopecks - one day soon they might be a collector's item.
Your stat is meaningless
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Interesting comments by a US Colonel in Newsweek, with the Mozart group (?). Hardly a Russian propaganda mag. Talking about Bahkmut and Russias 9:1 artillery advantage in that sector, and 300-500 Ukie casualties per DAY, plus the practical impossibility of repairing damaged equipment in that zone. Mentioned Ukie forces having an "acute regeneration problem"

So again, Western spin "Dumb Russkies can't take Bahkmut"

Russian facts "We are here to destroy the Ukie army. You wanna keep feeding into the meat grinder? Sure, we'll kill em for ya"
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^ so, what your saying is a good thing?? Killing ones defending their country is great in your mind?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

seewood wrote: Dec 10th, 2022, 1:08 pm ^^ so, what your saying is a good thing?? Killing ones defending their country is great in your mind?
It's a question for their cocaine-snorting president. Why does he like to see his soldiers die senselessly? Why do his citizens need to freeze in the middle of the winter?

100,000 and counting and for what? Few more millions of foreign aid to be funnelled into his and his friends' deep pockets? Remember his accounts in Pandora Papers? Do you think he became poorer after the war started?

Maybe one day he'll realize the reality of the situation, stop bending over for US and NATO, take their dick out his butt, and do what's right for Ukraine - and something that was on the table for 9 years - stay neutral and prosperous.

But my hopes for it are fairly low. Pretty sure he'll either get arrested in another revolt or go down in history like the president of the Chechen republic:

Return to “World”