Ukraine war/President/news

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Ukraine Russia war NEWS

Post by Drip_Torch »

And, now for a word from one of our sponsors...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1603101809865809920

[icon_lol2.gif] Goofs. Yep, definitely Goofs. Got to hand it to you Gertlush, you sure called that one right. :smt045
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Breaking News: Zelensky wants $1 billion

Do you think people on castanet would like to - buy no Christmas presents this year so they could
contribute to the $1 billion Zelensky needs?

I know I would be interested in donating for the war in Ukraine.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has pleaded for $840 million from his European allies to help tackle Russia's 'energy terrorism' amid harsh winters.

:chicken:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

They can print as many euros as they like, but the gas doesn't exist.

People should read about Germany's chemical industry. This is an absolute disaster for Europe.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

March: "Pentagon officials will not send the advanced Patriot air-defense system to Ukraine, saying Thursday that US forces would need to enter Ukraine to operate it".

December: "The Biden administration is finalizing plans to send the Patriot missile defense system to Ukraine"

US/NATO Boots on the ground directly fighting Russia.

More escalation.
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

^^^ maybe, just maybe, the US military was able to train people since the first press release?

Things change. What's the issue?
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

countmeout wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 5:50 pm Things change. What's the issue?
Who is operating the missiles in Poland right now?

US troops.

Last time Patriot missilies were deployed, who operated them?

US troops.

The issue would be the two most violent and nuclear armed countries on the planet fighting a war and the end of the planet Earth as we know it.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 5:38 pm March: "Pentagon officials will not send the advanced Patriot air-defense system to Ukraine, saying Thursday that US forces would need to enter Ukraine to operate it".

December: "The Biden administration is finalizing plans to send the Patriot missile defense system to Ukraine"

More escalation.
Most of russias military engineers were in the ukraine before the split , ukraine can be trained easy peasy . Ukraine invented their own drones within months . If nato got involved it be over in less than hour . And thats just one nato country :up:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 7:59 pm Most of russias military engineers were in the ukraine before the split , ukraine can be trained easy peasy . Ukraine invented their own drones within months . If nato got involved it be over in less than hour . And thats just one nato country :up:
The patriot system is highly advanced, elite and coveted. They don't just train up anyone on them.

I know you guys like to pretend and enjoy wartime propaganda, but in 2018 the US Congress denied Ukraine a whole bunch of funding because of that little pesky neo-nazi affiliation problem. A problem that is still there as much as ever.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3804 ... neo-nazis/

Then there's the whole problem that the Ukraine military is highly volatile and is looking to start World War 3 any chance they get. No fly zone requests, directly attacking nuclear armed Russian airbases. Ukraine still insists that Russia attacked Poland despite the US saying it ain't so as quietly as possible. The US is not handing them the keys.

US and UK special forces troops are already deployed. There are already plenty of boots on the ground directly engaged. I was making a point about mission creep and escalation. It's a given that US troops would be operating the Patriot, I am not looking to debate this thanks.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 7:59 pm
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 5:38 pm March: "Pentagon officials will not send the advanced Patriot air-defense system to Ukraine, saying Thursday that US forces would need to enter Ukraine to operate it".

More escalation.
Most of russias military engineers were in the ukraine before the split , ukraine can be trained easy peasy . Ukraine invented their own drones within months . If nato got involved it be over in less than hour . And thats just one nato country :up:

NATO is deeply involved in case you hadn't noticed.

And no, not easy peasy to train on the Patriots, why you think Americans are operating all the HIMARS in Ukraine?
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Another Russian attack, another occasion for Ukraine to claim they shot down 120% of all missiles, but somehow half the country has no electricity.

Hmmmm...sounds legit. State of the art air defenses are working as planned.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm The patriot system is highly advanced, elite and coveted. They don't just train up anyone on them.
"Patriots also are operated or being purchased by the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Taiwan, Greece, Spain, South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Romania, Sweden, Poland and Bahrain.2 days ago"

Your right, not just anyone. However the plan seems to be training Ukrainians up on the system. When the training is done, you can add Ukraine to that list above.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm Then there's the whole problem that the Ukraine military is highly volatile and is looking to start World War 3 any chance they get.
Hyperbole... Nothing can be further from the truth. Ukraine just wants it's land back that the Russians have taken and occupied illegally.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm US and UK special forces troops are already deployed. There are already plenty of boots on the ground directly engaged.
You can add Canada to that list, however none of them are active military members.
Mazdatruck wrote: Dec 15th, 2022, 9:20 pm It's a given that US troops would be operating the Patriot, I am not looking to debate this thanks.
So, don't debate it, just accept it, the Ukrainians will be operating the patriot system after training in Germany, no different than the Germans operate their patriot system in Germany.
gertlush wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:12 pm NATO is deeply involved in case you hadn't noticed.
I agree, many NATO members are sending war material( no boots) to Ukraine for the Ukrainian military to use against the Russian invaders.
gertlush wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:12 pm And no, not easy peasy to train on the Patriots, why you think Americans are operating all the HIMARS in Ukraine?
Nope, not easy to master the Patriot system. However the Ukrainians will master it before long and I wouldn't be surprised if we start to hear about Russian jets being tagged by the system. And the Ukrainians are operating the short range HIMARS after being trained on the system.
Even Steven wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 2:26 pm State of the art air defenses are working as planned.
The S-300 system is not state of the art now, the S-400 system is getting there.
Russians have finally figured to swarm Ukrainian anti air systems to get a higher number of missiles through. Wasn't the case a few weeks ago.
What do you think if Ukraine did the *bleep*-for-tat thing and started to target the Russian electrical grid and other infrastructure items near the Russia/Ukrainian border ??
Doubt if it would happen as Ukraine seems to be targeting military targets behind the line, not civilian targets, unlike the deranged Russians
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

seewood wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 3:33 pm The S-300 system is not state of the art now, the S-400 system is getting there.
I was referencing NASAMs and Iris systems shipped previously to Ukraine. Working out great! :up:

What do you think if Ukraine did the *bleep*-for-tat thing and started to target the Russian electrical grid and other infrastructure items near the Russia/Ukrainian border ??
Who says they don't? They target gas depots, electrical infrastructure elements, apartment buildings, even orthodox churches with their missiles close to front lines or areas over the border.

They're limited in capabilities, not in their intentions. The only reason they haven't done it is because they can't, not because of some noble intentions. They managed to damage a bridge, damage a plane pretty far from front lines with a drone, bomb a journalist's daughter in Moscow with a car bomb.

And they're getting their entire country blown up as response.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

⚡️Russian media: Wagner Group executes 10 mercenaries for refusing to fight in Ukraine.

Andrey Medvedev, former commander of Wagner Group fighter Yevgeny Nuzhin who was killed with a sledgehammer, told The Insider, a Russian investigative media outlet, of the executions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Not a lot of information, but some explosions in Ukraine seem to be causing a major traffic jam.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1603987589710635009

Nothing new though, they've been dealing with big traffic jams for days.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1601255931941359616
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Breaking News: Germany flushes $18 billion. The Germans are thrifty people - I never saw a German person waste money.
Why did they flush it all down the Ukraine drain?

France. UK. USA. Germany. Canada.

All flushing the people's money to keep the blood flowing in the killing fields of Ukraine.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “World”