Police arrest 3 in Rail Trail beating

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Police arrest 3 in Rail Trail beating

Post by the truth »

dscarson wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 2:37 pm My point is the intended use is recreation, so the law abiding general public that would like to use it stay away because tent cities are all along the route, which runs from downtown all the way out to Rutland. It's actually a nice ride too bad that you can't just ride on it with your family.
exactly......
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

dscarson wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 2:37 pm My point is the intended use is recreation, so the law abiding general public that would like to use it stay away because tent cities are all along the route, which runs from downtown all the way out to Rutland. It's actually a nice ride too bad that you can't just ride on it with your family.
*removed* yes trails should be safe for the public to use *removed*

In regards to this crime in particular did it make anyone safe by mislabeling what type culprits they really were ? My question is why are ppl accused of violence getting out on bail or promises to appear ? What is creating the situation in the first place ?
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2022, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 3:48 pm
*removed* yes trails should be safe for the public to use *removed*

In regards to this crime in particular did it make anyone safe by mislabeling what type culprits they really were ? My question is why are ppl accused of violence getting out on bail or promises to appear ? What is creating the situation in the first place ?
If there was no "rail trail" and this crime happened somewhere else (let's say, Orchard Park mall or Mission Creek walking trail)...What difference would the location make to this discussion?

If this crime did not happen at this location, it would have happened somewhere else.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:52 pm
dscarson wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:28 pm What I don't get is if this rail trail was put in to promote bike use and walking/excercise for our community , who is ever going to want to use it if it's safer to ride down the middle of highway 97 against traffic. I'd sooner see it used as a bypass getting through town than squatter space for crackheads.
Well i dont remember that part of the trail off top my head but it should be well lit , and police should patrol it if there are areas were say a rapist could hide , the only crime happening along trails isnt just two goofs beating up a young adult for his personal property , which i hope they are caught again
Not well light and even if it was, kids still get robbed in daylight so thats not going to help.
I have biked it a few times, and it’s disgusting.
Cops got so much going on, can’t be everywhere at once.
They should be speaking up too. As stated above, time for action.
Protest around the courthouse, opposite of freedom convoy
Hornswoggle
Fledgling

Post by Hornswoggle »

Anonymous123 wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 1:15 pm
cv23 wrote: Dec 16th, 2022, 12:33 pm
*removed*
*removed*
@marvin gardens statement is worded correctly. They look and are druggies. Maybe only weed and booze but I doubt that.

However you look at it, they should be in prison and its a disgrace their not
*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2022, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
dscarson

Post by dscarson »

My point is the intended use is recreation, so the law abiding general public that would like to use it stay away because tent cities are all along the route, which runs from downtown all the way out to Rutland. It's actually a nice ride too bad that you can't just ride on it with your family.
Drive an EV, I need your gas.
dscarson

Post by dscarson »

Woops didn't mean to repost that,3 thumbs today on this phone. I don't know assault laws too well but this young lad was a minor so I hope the charges reflect that. I have 3 kids and can't imagine one of them having to deal with what this young man has gone through.
Drive an EV, I need your gas.
icelink

Post by icelink »

If those two punks did that to my son

I'd pray the police found them before I did

Not hard to find goofs these days, just head down to the rail trail or cornerstone, offer up some pants or side to people and they give up where they are right away
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

icelink wrote: Dec 17th, 2022, 8:29 am If those two punks did that to my son

I'd pray the police found them before I did

Not hard to find goofs these days, just head down to the rail trail or cornerstone, offer up some pants or side to people and they give up where they are right away
im bettin they headed back to alberta were they are from .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
BelieverinSciencethanks
Board Meister

Post by BelieverinSciencethanks »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2022, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

update ,one junkie in jail https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... in-custody , well until the goof judge and lawyer get him out again
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Buzzbox

Post by Buzzbox »

The other suspect is released. Did I missing something?
Someone, preferably with a law degree explain to me how a person gets bail after not showing up for the original court date.
This was a violent offence causing significant injuries and robbery. This is insanity.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

No one cares about the victim, just the attacker's rights.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Buzzbox wrote: Jan 3rd, 2023, 5:09 pm The other suspect is released. Did I missing something?
Someone, preferably with a law degree explain to me how a person gets bail after not showing up for the original court date.
This was a violent offence causing significant injuries and robbery. This is insanity.
the whole thing is a joke, you can bet if that was a judge's kid that was assaulted that way, they would never get bail,
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Buzzbox wrote: Jan 3rd, 2023, 5:09 pm The other suspect is released. Did I missing something?
See Justin Trudeau's Bill C-75 for details on get-out-of-jail-free cards.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Central Okanagan”