Canadian Car Recalls

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
captkirkcanada
Banned

Canadian Car Recalls

Post by captkirkcanada »

Last edited by captkirkcanada on Dec 21st, 2022, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Canadian Car Recalls

Post by Jlabute »

Don't see any recalls for my vehicle - good.

Thankfully we live in a period of lots of choice, except, EVs are being mandated despite having 50% or more problems (recalls or not). EVs are on the bottom of Consumer Reports tests. Mandating trash that is possibly worse for emissions, economy, or environment is brain-dead thinking, and Stephen and Justin are Canada's most guilty in this respect. Ideology without knowledge is dogma.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Perhaps you should have done more investigating? no? ok, but...

There are trailers, motor-homes, school buses, recreational side-by sides & RTV's, snowmobiles, motorbikes, Semi-tractors, etc, etc. on the link you provided... Oh, ya don't forget the mother of all recalls... TIRES... surely we haven't reduced our discussion to include tires?

... and ya every Tesla, Bolt, Leaf, Rivian, Ford Lightning, Ford Mach-E, GMC Hummer EV, Volkswagen ID.3 And ID.4, BMW i4 and iX, Porsche Taycans, Hyundai Ioniq PHEV, Toyota bZ4X, Lucid Air, Mercedes EQC, EQS, & Mercedes-Benz eCitaro Buses, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Audi E-Tron GT... all have known recalls !!!! oh and don't forget Specialized brand E-bikes, lol.

So... EV's are only 2% of vehicle sales with that in mind why is the percentage of EV recalls almost 100% and the list you linked has 41,086 entries (of misc. recalls)... those are sad, sad numbers for EV's :200:
Remember ICEV total numbers on the road is approx. 1.2 BILLION !!! :smt045
So ya, common sense says the recall list will include more ICEV recalls with those numbers & year to year sales :biggrin:
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
LovemyBolt
Übergod

Post by LovemyBolt »

Jlabute wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 10:34 am Don't see any recalls for my vehicle - good.

Thankfully we live in a period of lots of choice, except, EVs are being mandated despite having 50% or more problems (recalls or not). EVs are on the bottom of Consumer Reports tests. Mandating trash that is possibly worse for emissions, economy, or environment is brain-dead thinking, and Stephen and Justin are Canada's most guilty in this respect. Ideology without knowledge is dogma.
I have had no problems other than the battery recall, some not-required software updates and now this seat belt recall. So have most of the participants on a Bolt forum I keep up with. Other than that, front window regulators. That's it. Consumer reports can suck it.
My car is quite simply...not trash. That is just unjustified inflammatory bloviating.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Three pages of Tesla recalls. Pretty well every Tesla made.

And as for Consumer Reports, I've found those who hate CR only do so because their vehicle was trashed by them.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

LovemyBolt wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 11:22 am I have had no problems other than the battery recall, some not-required software updates and now this seat belt recall. So have most of the participants on a Bolt forum I keep up with. Other than that, front window regulators. That's it. Consumer reports can suck it.
My car is quite simply...not trash. That is just unjustified inflammatory bloviating.
Check your tires... they may be on the list/link that was provided in another post... better to be safe than sorry :)
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 8:17 am
Count your ice cars vs ev
Why? Are you suggesting that there are more recalls on ICE vehicles versus electrical vehicles? If that the case, wouldn't that be more than obvious given the fact that there are literally only a handful of EV models for sale in Canada versus ICE vehicles? Also, that list is over 1600 pages long dating back to 1975, so obviously there would be many more ICE vehicles on the list, would it not? Also, if you actually look at the recalls, the vast majority of them have nothing to do with their power source. If you are trying to convince people that EV manufacturers are somehow better than ICE manufacturers, well, VW is VW, Nissan is Nissan, Chevy is Chevy and Tesla, well Tesla is fast tracking itself into becoming one of the lowest quality rating manufacturers on the market.

So what exactly is the point of your comment?
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Saviour wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 1:56 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 8:17 am
Count your ice cars vs ev
Why? Are you suggesting that there are more recalls on ICE vehicles versus electrical vehicles? If that the case, wouldn't that be more than obvious given the fact that there are literally only a handful of EV models for sale in Canada versus ICE vehicles? Also, that list is over 1600 pages long dating back to 1975, so obviously there would be many more ICE vehicles on the list, would it not? Also, if you actually look at the recalls, the vast majority of them have nothing to do with their power source. If you are trying to convince people that EV manufacturers are somehow better than ICE manufacturers, well, VW is VW, Nissan is Nissan, Chevy is Chevy and Tesla, well Tesla is fast tracking itself into becoming one of the lowest quality rating manufacturers on the market.

So what exactly is the point of your comment?
The point of my comment was exactly what it said . :130: it is in plain english . :topic:
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 2:59 pm
The point of my comment was exactly what it said . :130: it is in plain english . :topic:
Your comment as is has no point, which is why I'm asking for clarification.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 21st, 2022, 2:59 pm The point of my comment was exactly what it said . :130: it is in plain english . :topic:
The lack of diligent revue of information provided in your post and implying a biased result is leaning towards misinformation.
It's a plain and simple attempt at deceptive narration, or simply a lack of knowledge of the subject matter being discussed.
You are more than welcome to clarify if I am mistaken.
- M. de Voltaire
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

Same logic to state ICE is worse that EV is used to state the vaccinated are filling up the hospitals. Population sizes between compared populations are important.
LovemyBolt
Übergod

Post by LovemyBolt »

I'm not sure what the confusion is.
Subject line = Canadian Car Recalls.
Ok. See next line. Turns out it's all recalls on all vehicles since 1975. So not just cars.
Then oh there's a link to a federal government statistics page. See above
Then the comment of "count your ice cars vs ev". Well I sure as heck aren't going through all those pages. But overall...not hard to figure out what is being said.

But I did go back to 2016 for the Bolt. 9 for the EV. 2 for the EUV.
In the same span of years I looked at the Ford F-150 the number one selling vehicle (well recent numbers anyway). 51.
Yeah the Tesla at 56. Yes that's all Tesla's. Yes they have a massive market share of EV sales.
It would be nice if it was easy to find sales of all makes and models and not just kind.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

PSA for Chevy Bolt users...

GM recalls 140,000 Chevrolet Bolt EVs over fire risks
(...)because the carpet could catch fire after a crash where a front seat belt pretensioner deploys.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 20a%20fire.
- M. de Voltaire

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”