Substations Attacked

captkirkcanada
Banned

Substations Attacked

Post by captkirkcanada »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/van ... cuts-power

The attacks come as federal officials are warning that the U.S. power grid needs better security to prevent domestic terrorism and after a large outage in North Carolina earlier this month that took days to repair.

In January, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security report warned that domestic extremists have been developing "credible, specific plans" to attack electricity infrastructure since at least 2020.

Oregon Public Broadcasting and KUOW-FM in Seattle reported earlier this month that Portland General Electric, the Bonneville Power Administration, Cowlitz County Public Utility District and Puget Sound Energy confirmed six separate attacks on electrical substations in Washington and Oregon in the previous weeks.

Homeland security suggests it is rightwing extremists based on what they say is being put out there by these groups
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
captkirkcanada
Banned

Re: Substations Attacked

Post by captkirkcanada »

oldtrucker wrote: Dec 26th, 2022, 3:42 pm As few as 6 key stations going down could take out the grid...so the theory goes.
Right wing extremists as in lone wolf McVeigh type or a actual large scale organized terrorist group with a political motive with a end plan?
To what i heard , its seperate groups thinking its a good idea as they are soft targets to p off the local govts . Also it has to be someone with knowledge as to how substations work . I wouldnt mess with one myself
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Real men do not need to idle their cars in minus weather . I call them men that do wimps .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 26th, 2022, 12:30 pm Homeland security suggests it is rightwing extremists based on what they say is being put out there by these groups
Source?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Right wing extremists in their misguided belief that attacking substations is in a way supporting their leader, Trump?
Because I predict more domestic attacks as the prosecuters hone in on Trump's criminal activity and actively pursue charges.
Just a prediction.

Not surprised at all what Homeland security is putting out there on right wing terrorists of the domestic variety.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Glacier wrote: Dec 26th, 2022, 9:54 pm
captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 26th, 2022, 12:30 pm Homeland security suggests it is rightwing extremists based on what they say is being put out there by these groups
Source?
https://www.hstoday.us/featured/physica ... nd-action/
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 1:53 am
Source?
https://www.hstoday.us/featured/physica ... nd-action/
That article is over a year old and has nothing to do with the incidents in Washington State. Did captainkirkcanada just make that up or does she have a source? (Apologies captainkirkcanada if I got your pronouns wrong)
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattl ... s/%3famp=1
Law enforcement officials still don’t have suspects or a motive for break-ins that badly damaged four Pierce County electrical substations on Christmas Day and left hundreds of customers without power Monday afternoon.

Nor are police ready to say whether the incidents were coordinated or connected to a recent string of similar incidents at substations in the Pacific Northwest and on the East Coast.

“People want to associate [Sunday’s incidents] with whatever’s going on in North Carolina and Oregon and Southern Washington,” said Sgt. Darren Moss, a Pierce County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson, referring to the locations of several earlier incidents at substations.

But “we’re [just] guessing until we have more information,” Moss added.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Four Washington substations in one day. Several others in the previous month.
There's no financial incentive in doing this damage to thousands of people losing power, no elections can be swayed with these tactics, no hearts and minds to be won.
So it's unlikely these domestic terror attacks are random vandals, just kids having fun.
"Power stations have been hit in Washington and Oregon in the last month.

Portland General Electric, the Bonneville Power Administration, Cowlitz County Public Utility District and Puget Sound Energy confirmed six separate attacks on electrical substations in Washington and Oregon in the previous weeks, according to Oregon Public Broadcasting and KUOW-FM in Seattle."
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Source?
Homeland security put out a report to congress .
Harm Reduction Is Cool
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Glacier wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 2:04 am
That article is over a year old and has nothing to do with the incidents in Washington State. Did captainkirkcanada just make that up or does she have a source? (Apologies captainkirkcanada if I got your pronouns wrong)
Homeland security is the source . Google it :D
Harm Reduction Is Cool
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Glacier wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 2:04 am
This is the quote from homeland security in the op .

In January, a U.S. Department of Homeland Security report warned that domestic extremists have been developing "credible, specific plans" to attack electricity infrastructure since at least 2020.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 27th, 2022, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Harm Reduction Is Cool
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 8:37 am This is the quote from homeland security in the op .

Okay, but they said they're also concerned about Islamic attacks and Antifa is also known to cause problems. On these specific attacks they have zero evidence in what direction this is going.

Maybe it was Nazis who did it, and I hate them as much as you do, but wishful thinking doesn't make it a reality. Could also be theft, though so many incidents in quick succession leads away from that.

The fact is, we don't have have facts to go by. You should have said, "I speculate that it was far right Nazis" instead of implying that facts and evidence say any such thing.
- Douglas Murray
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

^The left will never admit to their own terrorist elements.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
captkirkcanada
Banned

Post by captkirkcanada »

Glacier wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 10:48 am
captkirkcanada wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 8:37 am This is the quote from homeland security in the op .

Okay, but they said they're also concerned about Islamic attacks and Antifa is also known to cause problems. On these specific attacks they have zero evidence in what direction this is going.

Maybe it was Nazis who did it, and I hate them as much as you do, but wishful thinking doesn't make it a reality. Could also be theft, though so many incidents in quick succession leads away from that.

The fact is, we don't have have facts to go by. You should have said, "I speculate that it was far right Nazis" instead of implying that facts and evidence say any such thing.
Nothing was taken . I never said it was anyone , im reporting what homeland security says . Thats it . Take it up with homeland security
Harm Reduction Is Cool
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

daria wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 11:12 am ^The left will never admit to their own terrorist elements.
We have no elements of terrorism. We simply win elections and make a change. You have to have ideas to do that.

Return to “World”