Nice weather

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Nice weather

Post by alanjh595 »

lesliepaul wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 12:42 pm
Glacier wrote: Dec 26th, 2022, 9:57 pm we are pretty low elevation for that. Pockets could get some. Princeton got nailed hard with freezing rain. Lots The Chilcotin too.

Here is the Tatlayoko Road. Skating rink...

FB_IMG_1672107193687.jpg
This picture should garner those here on Castanet to reply with their typical cry of the truly desperate..........."you just have to drive to the conditions"........."I drive on roads like this everyday and never had a issue".

What you see in this picture is ZERO maintenance with the chances of an accident increased BECAUSE of extremely poor road conditions. Luck always plays a part in successfully maneuvering road/highway conditions like this, especially with other traffic on the road.
Luck, has only a 20% part of this. The other 80% comes from skill and experience.
Bring back the LIKE button.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

alanjh595 wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 1:08 pm
lesliepaul wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 12:42 pm

This picture should garner those here on Castanet to reply with their typical cry of the truly desperate..........."you just have to drive to the conditions"........."I drive on roads like this everyday and never had a issue".

What you see in this picture is ZERO maintenance with the chances of an accident increased BECAUSE of extremely poor road conditions. Luck always plays a part in successfully maneuvering road/highway conditions like this, especially with other traffic on the road.
Luck, has only a 20% part of this. The other 80% comes from skill and experience.
20%.........this was a scientific study? Depending on how bad road conditions are (such as in this picture) including slope and grade other times, Ice Radials become mortal. We all watched the videos of the Vancouver roads and the accidents, and YES, the vast majority of vehicles there did NOT have winter tires BUT there were vehicles properly equipped and sliding down hill without hitting anything was 100% luck.
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

Because the ones with skill weren't there.
Strong and free
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

IMG_20221227_131350.jpg

Grammas' Weather Glass sure doesn't look too happy.
Looks like maybe its gonna rain. !?

:200:
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

FB_IMG_1672289298934.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

:spitcoffee:

That's the truth!

Weather has been perfect for forming ice, lately.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

It's snowing. :hailjo: :hailjo:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

bb49 wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 7:18 pm It's snowing. :hailjo: :hailjo:
You can come get mine I'm sick of moving the stuff. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Waking up to the heaviest snowfall yet this Winter was a real treat since we shopped yesterday and don't have to work today.

I do feel for those who have no options.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

There is a bit of snow out there, but heaviest?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

In our part of town, it is HEAVY.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

For us here right now, it's quite a snow shoveling job we have. Heavy. Sun coming out right now though, which makes it literally heavier to lift as it melts.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Queen K wrote: Dec 30th, 2022, 9:22 am For us here right now, it's quite a snow shoveling job we have. Heavy. Sun coming out right now though, which makes it literally heavier to lift as it melts.
Oh, you mean the actual weight of the snow? Versus deep snow . . . I haven't been outside so I'm not sure what it is like up in Rutland.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just came in from shoveling. Can't recall that the first snowfalls were that deep or heavy but I've worked off a quarter pound in sweat and fat. And you know how big my place is. :D
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have been watching this snowfall since 3:00AM and I got 4". I can tell that it is heavy by the way that the shrubbery is bending over from the weight.

Return to “Central Okanagan”