Elon Musk dissolves Twitter's board of directors

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Elon Musk dissolves Twitter's board of directors

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

More on the Twitter Files.
https://www.livemint.com/technology/tec ... 49211.html

Leaked Twitter files reveal how the United States government pressured Twitter to elevate certain content and suppress other content related to Covid-19. Shared in a series of tweets by David Zweig – a New York-based independent journalist and writer, the files show how top-executives rewrote the platform’s rules to accommodate their own political desires.

When the Biden admin took over, one of their first meeting requests with Twitter executives was on Covid. The focus was on ‘anti-vaxxer accounts.’ Especially Alex Berenson," Zweig writes in one of his tweets. He goes on to state that in the summer of 2021, president Joe Biden said social media companies were “killing people" for allowing vaccine

The American writer was suspended hours after Biden’s comments, and kicked off the platform the following month. Berenson, later sued and then settled with Twitter. In the legal process Twitter was compelled to release certain internal communications, which showed direct White House pressure on the company to take action on Berenson, the files show.

Zweig says that it was not just Twitter that was attending meeting and facing pressure from the US government. The meetings with the Trump White House were also attended by Google, Facebook, Microsoft and others, he writes.

Twitter is coming out smelling like......Bull Excrement.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
A little more to add.
Twitter executives did not fully capitulate to the Biden team’s wishes. But the microblogging platfrom did suppress views—many from doctors and scientific experts—that conflicted with the official positions of the White House. As a result, legitimate findings and questions that would have expanded the public debate went missing, Zweig says in the posts.

Really stinky.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bb49 wrote: Dec 26th, 2022, 9:50 pm More on the Twitter Files.
https://www.livemint.com/technology/tec ... 49211.html

Leaked Twitter files reveal how the United States government pressured Twitter to elevate certain content and suppress other content related to Covid-19. Shared in a series of tweets by David Zweig – a New York-based independent journalist and writer, the files show how top-executives rewrote the platform’s rules to accommodate their own political desires.

When the Biden admin took over, one of their first meeting requests with Twitter executives was on Covid. The focus was on ‘anti-vaxxer accounts.’ Especially Alex Berenson," Zweig writes in one of his tweets. He goes on to state that in the summer of 2021, president Joe Biden said social media companies were “killing people" for allowing vaccine

The American writer was suspended hours after Biden’s comments, and kicked off the platform the following month. Berenson, later sued and then settled with Twitter. In the legal process Twitter was compelled to release certain internal communications, which showed direct White House pressure on the company to take action on Berenson, the files show.

Zweig says that it was not just Twitter that was attending meeting and facing pressure from the US government. The meetings with the Trump White House were also attended by Google, Facebook, Microsoft and others, he writes.

Twitter is coming out smelling like......Bull Excrement.
So are the horrible Democrats.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

appears that all the platforms jumped on board too
Course now you can only vote on polls if you " elite"
Guess the billionaires do you love me Y/N result ticked him off.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

I doubt the manipulation of Twitter and others by Biden cost as much as Trudeau's buying off of the media.
A couple of dinners at the White House vs $600 MILLION.
Taxpayers got a bargain there but in the end, they were screwed.

#StandUpToJewishHate
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

bb49 wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 3:47 pm I doubt the manipulation of Twitter and others by Biden cost as much as Trudeau's buying off of the media.
A couple of dinners at the White House vs $600 MILLION.
Taxpayers got a bargain there but in the end, they were screwed.
:up:
The manipulation of the people down there wasn't as obvious as here for sure.
Thinking we are at the start of a transition of people no longer tolerating the use of all these media platforms for political and the rich usage of it to manipulate so many of the weak minds.
CNN, MSNBC are good example's of its past use of being a platform of a chosen political party has destroyed them, cost them and their investors 100's if not billions. Now they are trying desperately to redesign themselves to gain back support and viewership.
Zuckerberg has admitted openly its censorship.
Canada will be further behind with its people demanding a stop of its so obvious usage. JT offers up to much emotional entitlement to its followers.
To demand un biased media in our countries doesn't mean not supporting a current political party choice, unless thats all they had to stand on in the first place.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ah, to be so rich

Of America’s billionaires, Tesla, SpaceX, and newly minted Twitter CEO Elon Musk saw his fortune diminish the most. Musk’s net worth dipped by about $115 billion this year, according to Forbes.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

The CIA/FBI and White House were censoring factual, true science about COVID because it went against the narrative the White House was pushing.

Ivy League scientists and even the CDC was censored.

The COVID conspiracy people were right.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/28/twitter-down-outage/

Elon's response " works for me" he could have said let them eat cake
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

All the character assassination stuff on Elon of is all about protecting (what was) the worlds biggest disinformation and censorship propaganda network that existed between the Democratic party and Deep State / Intelligence / Domestic Police.

All that resistance about Elon buying Twitter was just crybabies worried they would lose the world's biggest black marker.

The Twitter Files are almost bigger than what Edward Snowden exposed. Certainly on par.

...but yadda yadda yadda Elon eh?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 30th, 2022, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

From what we are seeing of how pre-Musk Twitter was being used by politicians, one has to wonder why the left is now trashing Musk.

You would think the left would want the facts, the truth in order to have a just society, but no, they appear to want their propaganda machine back. I wasn't always a fan of Musk, his cars are crap, but Jesus, he's opened up a can of political diarrhea with Twittergate.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out, and I don't see him being silenced.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

bb49 wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 9:45 pm From what we are seeing of how pre-Musk Twitter was being used by politicians, one has to wonder why the left is now trashing Musk.

You would think the left would want the facts, the truth in order to have a just society, but no, they appear to want their propaganda machine back. I wasn't always a fan of Musk, his cars are crap, but Jesus, he's opened up a can of political diarrhea with Twittergate.

It will be interesting to see what else comes out, and I don't see him being silenced.
Are "the left" in the room with you trashing Musk right now? :132:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

I love what he's doing, exposing the left for the hypocrites they are. As well as exposing the msm for what it is, an arm of the democrat party. Thank You Musk for the twitter files.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

A "core value" of the Democratic party is greater state censorship of online political speech.

The most amazing thing to happen in recent months is the Big Tech move to keep its censorship regime always in alignment with the US Government.Facebook had a rule banning praise for hate groups, which explicitly included the Azov Battalion

Soon as the war began, FB created an exemption to allow praise for Azov.

https://theintercept.com/2022/02/24/ukr ... on-russia/
FACEBOOK WILL TEMPORARILY allow its billions of users to praise the Azov Battalion, a Ukrainian neo-Nazi military unit previously banned from being freely discussed under the company’s Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy, The Intercept has learned.

Return to “World”