Four dead in a bus crash on Connector Hwy 97

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Four dead in a bus crash on Connector Hwy 97

Post by Fancy »

Everyone needs to have one buckled up on a plane (mentioned today in a newscast) and hopefully that's the next step in having the bus driver announce buckle up. Just like a car it's the law.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

Fancy wrote: Dec 28th, 2022, 6:59 pm Everyone needs to have one buckled up on a plane (mentioned today in a newscast) and hopefully that's the next step in having the bus driver announce buckle up. Just like a car it's the law.
Thats all you can do, make an announcement, the driver can't enforce it. An aircraft has pilots who fly the plane and cabin crew that enforce the rules in the cabin and failure to abide by cabin crew's instructions can lead to a federal offence where as ignoring a bus drivers instructions has no legal repercussions.
oldtrucker wrote: Dec 28th, 2022, 9:26 am
Pretrip inspection that if done by the book would take 2 hours.
The pre-trip for a coach should only take about 15-20 minutes if done by the book, including air brakes. 30 minutes if you're very slow.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote: Dec 28th, 2022, 8:08 am AND what force ia felt when the motion comes to an abrupt stop?
Usually a forceful Bowel movement. :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
thesportinglife
Fledgling

Post by thesportinglife »

Saviour wrote: Dec 28th, 2022, 7:16 am
Bsuds wrote: Dec 28th, 2022, 5:05 am
That's not the way it came across.
Your comments are nothing but empty assumptions that hold absolutely no merit what-so-ever.

In regards to your comment in writing the PTB to investigate Ebus, the fact that they have had no major incidents in the past shows that their operating certificate is in good standing. Add to that, online reviews have shown nothing but praise for the company and the drivers.
What about your assumption ? How do you know that Ebus has had no previous complaints from its customers or to the PTB, which are typically never released to the public.

Second, you are no "saviour," but maybe, an a hole, like the Ebus driver who yelled and shouted at his passengers ?

Stop defending Ebus, when you know that I am in the right ! When an Ebus transit operator is seen yelling and screaming at his passengers, THAT crosses the line of professionalism and raises concerns about the fitness of the driver to drive for a living.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:up: :up: :up:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

thesportinglife wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 8:23 amWhat about your assumption ?
I've made no assumptions.
thesportinglife wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 8:23 amHow do you know that Ebus has had no previous complaints from its customers or to the PTB, which are typically never released to the public.
Read my post again, very carefully. I said they've had no major previous incidents that would question their operating certificate and have had mostly (that being the key word) positive online reviews - I made no mention of complaints to the PTB or that they haven't received any complaints at all.
thesportinglife wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 8:23 amSecond, you are no "saviour," but maybe, an a hole, like the Ebus driver who yelled and shouted at his passengers ?
That may be, but I'm not the one who finds it necessary to call a driver "fat" and "overweight" as if it had any relevance to anything.
thesportinglife wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 8:23 amStop defending Ebus,
I haven't defended anyone, I clarified facts.
thesportinglife wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 8:23 amwhen you know that I am in the right !
But you're not.
thesportinglife wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 8:23 amWhen an Ebus transit operator is seen yelling and screaming at his passengers, THAT crosses the line of professionalism and raises concerns about the fitness of the driver to drive for a living.
I don't disagree with you that yelling at passengers crosses the line of professionalism, but thats not what you said. You said:
I say that the speeding of the Ebus under dangerous winter road conditions, is consistent with one who also shouts and yells at his passengers.
If the transit operator is rude and is heard yelling at his passengers and for no good reason, then, that translates into rudeness and taking unnecesary chances on the road, such as speeding
Those are absolutes and not simply "raising concerns". How a driver interacts with the passengers and how they drive are two very different aspects of the job. More importantly, assuming that Ebus drivers operate their coaches in a reckless manner because of how you supposedly saw a singular driver interact with passengers is the very definitions of painting with a very broad brush.
Last edited by Saviour on Dec 29th, 2022, 3:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Not sure if this was posted before but it does speak volumes when a passenger is telling a bus driver to slow down. Same company but previous accident.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9374653/b-c- ... ving-ebus/
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

Fancy wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 2:32 pm Not sure if this was posted before but it does speak volumes when a passenger is telling a bus driver to slow down. Same company but previous accident.
https://globalnews.ca/news/9374653/b-c- ... ving-ebus/
It has and as mentioned previously and also in the story, the bus was not operated by Ebus. Apparently, clarifying this point is nothing more than "semantics" despite the fact that any investigation and consequences would go against the subcontractor's operating certificate and not Ebus's.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Okay I read back and saw the other news story now I wonder who is hiring the drivers.
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

Fancy wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 2:41 pm Okay I read back and saw the other news story now I wonder who is hiring the drivers.
In regards to BlueStar (the contractor in your story), it would be BlueStar. As for Ebus, they're a division of a larger parent company that has other divisions, so they would do the hiring or possibly transferring of employees from other divisions for the operation of their own vehicles, not those of sub-contractors.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Subcontracting is a scourge on society. We may as well have stayed unionized.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 6:10 pm Subcontracting is a scourge on society. We may as well have stayed unionized.
You don't recall the Dept. Of Holidays?

I thought I mentioned that to you the other days.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

bb49 wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 7:20 pm You don't recall the Dept. Of Holidays?
Yes, they had their issues. What the provincial highways have now impo is way worse then province highway maintenance.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
thesportinglife
Fledgling

Post by thesportinglife »

Saviour wrote: Dec 29th, 2022, 2:27 pm Those are absolutes and not simply "raising concerns". How a driver interacts with the passengers and how they drive are two very different aspects of the job.
Bull ! How a driver interacts with the passengers tarnishes the brand or makes it shine !

The "brush" was broad enough to kill four human beings !
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If the police investigation finds the Driver responsible for this tragedy, hopefully the courts will charge the Driver full sentence according to the law.

Nothing will bring back any of Families loved ones, most likely the Families will probably be suing Ebus line.

If the investigation finds poor highway maintenance procedures was the cause of this tragedy, the Families should then go after highway Maintenance Contractor.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”