Culiacán

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Culiacán

Post by JagXKR »

The city is having massive gun battles. Passenger jets have been fired upon, video of military helis firing down on Cartel positions and cartel firing back.
Some of the videos are really scary, especially the inside a jet with passengers that is getting fired upon.

All due to the arrest of Ovidio Guzmán. I don't like Biden but he should postpone his visit.
https://www.castanet.net/news/World/404 ... iden-visit
Youtube search of Culiacán.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... p=EgQIARAB
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Culiacán

Post by I Think »

Have driven through Culiacan more times than I can count, it is a good place to avoid. One of the first times we went through, noticed a traffic stop & the cops were wearing very flashy uniforms with gold braid all over them, they were right fat and dressed much too expensively for a cops salary.
PS, Have been told that to get a job as a cop, you have to give your salary to the guy that hires you, and you get to make your living on mordida (bribes).

A tip for driving through Mexico, if you get stopped by traffic cops, give your health card not your drivers license, also give expired ICBC papers not the current set. They often hold them until you bribe the cop to get them back. Last time down I also took off the rear license plate (the one with the decals), hid it because I have spoken with a few gringo's who had the plates taken as well. Met a man in San Blas who was in tears because he could not get his plates and papers back for three days until the head cop got back to the office, Just a few of the reasons we no longer go to Mexico even tho we love the people and the weather.
We're lost but we're making good time.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

They closed Mazatlan Airport due to concerns the criminal cartel would do the same thing they did at Culiacán airport. I saw no flights from or to Canada scheduled for today. Tomorrow there are 6! Including Sunwing out of Kelowna.
https://www.oma.aero/en/passengers/maza ... status.php
https://flightaware.com/live/airport/MMMZ
To all those going down be extra mindful of your surroundings, no out of city tours. Sinaloa Cartel is looking for revenge.
The plane that got shot was an Aeromexico flight SLI165 E190 (Embraer) departing to Mexico City. It aborted take-off and the videos of passengers ducking inside the plane were on that flight. At least 2 bullet holes, that I've seen so far, in the plane.
I expect the cartel to launch more attacks, very soon.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

https://aviationsourcenews.com/incident ... -culiacan/
Has some pics where the plane was hit and hydraulic fluid (?) coming out of an area of the plane.
Also vids.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Like some here we have , and family in Mazatlan and in Tepic. remember when you buy chemical drugs you are feeding the cartels.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Yup. Buses burned, tourists terrified to leave their hotels. The drug trade did this. Demand stoked the fuel to overrun the cartels with millions of dollars and made the gangs richer than any government.

https://www.castanet.net/news/World/404 ... -El-Chapo-

Canadian tourists were trapped inside a Mexican hotel Thursday as buses that were supposed to take them to an airport and safely home burned outside.

"It's just chaos," said Tina Dahl of Edmonton, whose six family members stranded in the popular tourist city of Mazatlan were supposed to fly out Thursday night.

The federal government advised Canadians in Mexico to limit their movements and shelter in place due to violence in the western part of the country.

The violence began after a pre-dawn security operation on Thursday, in which security forces captured alleged drug trafficker Ovidio Guzman, who is a son of former cartel boss Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman.

Ottawa said the violence is particularly fierce in Culiacan, Mazatlan, Los Mochis and Guasave.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

A dear lovely person posted photos of their Cancun trip. I noted heavily armed guards in trucks. Not my idea of a tourist destination, at all.

Entire buses torched.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9390464/mexi ... -violence/

"Officials said Thursday that Ovidio Guzman was involved in all of the cartel’s activities, especially the production of fentanyl that has flowed into the U.S. The cartel is one of the world’s most powerful narcotics trafficking organizations.

Alleged cartel members responded to Thursday’s operation by carjacking Culiacan residents and setting vehicles ablaze in the cartel stronghold. Local and state authorities warned everyone to stay indoors.

Videos shared on social media, which have not been independently verified by Global News, appeared to show heavy fighting overnight in Culiacan with the sky lit up by helicopter gunfire.

Airline Aeromexico said in a statement that one of its jets was struck by a bullet Thursday morning as it prepared for takeoff. Passenger video posted online showed people cowering on the floor of the plane. The company said passengers and crew were safe."

Remember, the fentanyl is smuggled to Mexico from China and then from Mexico to the U.S.A where over 54,000 died in the first half of 2021, of fentanyl poisoning. Overdoses. The cartels are fighting for the right to kill Americans through drugs. Literally fighting for the right to keep getting Americans and Canadians hooked and dead.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Have received word from a Mexican family and a couple of friends in Mazatlan, they tell me they are safe, but the stores are closed, everyone is staying in side.
Last edited by I Think on Jan 5th, 2023, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

More details at BBC, people crouching down on planes, not "hurt" but terrified.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-64179356
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

As a number of you have mentioned, if you are buying illicit drugs then you are complicit.

Dead Canadians, dead Americans, anyone overdosing was killed by you as well as these cartels and other drug lords.

It's not just Mexico that bares the shame of drug fuelled violence, but our country too.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Looking through this thread I feel compelled to remind people to not believe everything you read.

One person was mentioning Mazatlan was on fire and making it sound like a war zone, yet I'm in constant touch with my friends who are there and the only thing going on is that everyone is on lockdown for their own protection. Roads into Mazatlan are blocked and it also has geography working in its favor.

I'll believe my friends before what some glory seeking journalist wannabes write to get clicks.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And how is that better? Being in lock down for their own protection? and that's just one area, there are others with actual buses burned to the ground.
I Think wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:31 pm Have received word from a Mexican family and a couple of friends in Mazatlan, they tell me they are safe, but the stores are closed, everyone is staying in side.
My friends just returned from a Cancun trip. So glad that they are out. This is just the beginning. And bad for business.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Queen K wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 10:06 pm And how is that better? Being in lock down for their own protection? and that's just one area, there are others with actual buses burned to the ground.
I Think wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:31 pm Have received word from a Mexican family and a couple of friends in Mazatlan, they tell me they are safe, but the stores are closed, everyone is staying in side.
My friends just returned from a Cancun trip. So glad that they are out. This is just the beginning. And bad for business.
Everyone is inside, locked down.

Hmm, we're just getting over our covid lockdowns. Or are we?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 10:39 pm
Queen K wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 10:06 pm And how is that better? Being in lock down for their own protection? and that's just one area, there are others with actual buses burned to the ground.

Everyone is inside, locked down.

Hmm, we're just getting over our covid lockdowns. Or are we?
Can you at least use the pool?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “World”