Nice weather

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nice weather

Post by Glacier »

Queen K is probably crazy because I only have about 1cm of new snow and it's light and fluffy.

PS. I'm just practicing my gaslighting Skillz. I know Kelowna got a lot more than the North Okanagan, and a degree difference makes all the difference between fluffy and heavy. Queen K is a lovely lady who doesn't deserve to be gaslit.

I wish you all a happy new year!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

sobrohusfat wrote: Dec 27th, 2022, 10:20 pm IMG_20221227_131350.jpg

Grammas' Weather Glass sure doesn't look too happy.
Looks like maybe its gonna rain. !?

:200:
Mine looks pretty much like that but blue....lol.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Fun FACT: The Okanagan is one of the coldest places in BC. Or at least it was on Christmas Day. While 79 of 102 stations rose above -3, none in the Okanagan did.
xmas2022.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

Are there major delays with mail sent from the West Kootenays? I had a gift card sent to me from Castlegar on around December 15 and it still has not arrived here.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

OldBlindDog wrote: Jan 3rd, 2023, 4:59 pm Are there major delays with mail sent from the West Kootenays? I had a gift card sent to me from Castlegar on around December 15 and it still has not arrived here.
I sent something to Vancouver on Dec 10, and it was delivered yesterday.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Snow in the forecast, but probably not much.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 8:56 am Snow in the forecast, but probably not much.
December is the snowiest month of the year, and November is snowier than February on average, so we are most of the way through winter.
- Douglas Murray
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Glacier wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 12:56 pm December is the snowiest month of the year, and November is snowier than February on average, so we are most of the way through winter.
I'll wait until Feb rolls around then before taking the old snow blower in for some love.

Decent amount of snow at Apex but like Big White-out, couldn't see where you're going. X-country in the trees is terrific though.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Average temperatures in the Okanagan...
dailyavg2.png
- Douglas Murray
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Glacier wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 10:03 am Average temperatures in the Okanagan...
dailyavg2.png
So those are the daily mean averages for each month? No surprise Kelowna airport has the coldest winters in the Okanagan. Where's the source for the Kelowna (downtown) stats?
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

bigtimeoperations wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 6:52 pm
Glacier wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 10:03 am Average temperatures in the Okanagan...

dailyavg2.png
So those are the daily mean averages for each month? No surprise Kelowna airport has the coldest winters in the Okanagan. Where's the source for the Kelowna (downtown) stats?
KELOWNA PC BURNETTS NURSERY. Closed April 7th 2003.

Here are the average January temperatures in the Kelowna area.

NB: Lady tehma, Lethbridge is similar to Beaverdell (but warmer in the day and colder at night). Same latitude and elevation. Hotter summers in Lethbridge though.

meankelownajan.png
meanSokanaganjan.png
zoomedout.png
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Glacier one of my weather apps on my PC defaults to "Central City" and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what the heck that was. I did a bit of searching and it seems it gets it's info from downtown somewhere. It is accurate FWIW.

I've just never seen that as a location option before on any of the other weather apps, just "Kelowna" and "Okanagan Mission".
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Urban Cowboy wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 2:20 pm Glacier one of my weather apps on my PC defaults to "Central City" and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what the heck that was. I did a bit of searching and it seems it gets it's info from downtown somewhere. It is accurate FWIW.

I've just never seen that as a location option before on any of the other weather apps, just "Kelowna" and "Okanagan Mission".
If it's giving you downtown data, it's going to be a private weather station, either from the radio station (AM 1150) or the Kelowna Yacht Club.
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Thanks.

I guess the Yacht Club would make sense and could I suppose be viewed as Central City.

ETA: Curiosity has compelled me to look some more and it does not appear to be the Yacht Club nor radio station. Until this app I've actually never heard the term Central City but I found this link which shows that apparently it's a five square kilometer section as outlined on this little map.
https://www.city-facts.com/central-city-kelowna
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Millbridge Park?

Screenshot_20230110-151346-767.png
Screenshot_20230110-151250-502.png
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”