Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

spooker

Re: Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

Post by spooker »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 8:32 am
spooker wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 8:01 pm As stated before, the rule came about because of the lack of respect ... the lack of respect didn't come from the rule ...
The law will put you in jail if you dont speak certain words.

That's not respect. That's forcing people to utter words.
Why did the law need to be enacted? because some people didn't respect others to actually listen ...
spooker

Post by spooker »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 10:58 am
voice of reason wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 9:27 am all the people who are mad about this never voted for merrifield anyways .
Nor do they support elections altogether ... :biggrin:
While the people who didn't vote for Merrifield are having their opinion of her validated it's quite a far jump to get to "not supporting elections" ...
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 6th, 2023, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

the truth wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 7:35 am
BC Landlord wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 4:57 pm The "woke" always cringe when someone is speaking out common sense.
sad but true
Jordan Peterson deserves our utmost respect for his moral and professional integrity. No wonder why he drives the "woke" crowd nuts. It never pays to appease them, as that would only make them go for more.
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

The people who think that Jordan Peterson has "moral and professional integrity" are the same people who drive around in their flag covered trucks with F Trudeau bumper stickers thinking that the last 3 years have been some kind of big conspiracy.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Jordan Peterson has more integrity and intelligence than an uneducated drag queen with his panties in a knot.

NEWS FLASH!
Drag Queen has panties in a knot. More at 6pm.

Jordan is a good advocate for children and the confused.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

I will support Jordan Peterson forever.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

ash71 wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 2:00 pm The people who think that Jordan Peterson has "moral and professional integrity" are the same people who drive around in their flag covered trucks with F Trudeau bumper stickers thinking that the last 3 years have been some kind of big conspiracy.
100%. Peterson is dumb people's idea on what a smart guy is. And I've listed to hours of him in debates and interviews before coming to that conclusion.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

Maybe listen with both ears instead of just the left one next time. Just sayin'
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It's kind of interesting how bubbles work. I read a thread on this topic on Reddit and the responses are the complete opposite of what you mostly read on here. Must be a generational thing, which helps to understand Peterson's appeal to some.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 2:05 pm
ash71 wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 2:00 pm The people who think that Jordan Peterson has "moral and professional integrity" are the same people who drive around in their flag covered trucks with F Trudeau bumper stickers thinking that the last 3 years have been some kind of big conspiracy.
100%. Peterson is dumb people's idea on what a smart guy is. And I've listed to hours of him in debates and interviews before coming to that conclusion.
It's the unintelligent bigots who come to Peterson's (and apparently now Merrifield's) defense. God forbid they ever have a family member who identifies as something other than the gender they were born as... I feel sorry for them.

Wake up people... this isn't the 50's anymore, we're done with the typical nuclear families. We have diversity now whether you like it or not.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 2:18 pm It's kind of interesting how bubbles work. I read a thread on this topic on Reddit and the responses are the complete opposite of what you mostly read on here. Must be a generational thing, which helps to understand Peterson's appeal to some.
No, ... it appears Twitter is shedding a lot of snowflakes nowadays. :biggrin:
dennism3

Post by dennism3 »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:11 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 6:35 pm Peterson's entire platform is more about disrespecting people, not using their preferred pronouns ... his position is ridiculous in that he doesn't respect people's choices ...
What about the persons speaking choices not to be forced to speak certain words?

Two way street.

The pronoun religion wants a one way street by threat of force.
Exactly!!!!! But they will never see it that way. When some people are "right" they are "right" and no one will dissuade them.
dorf007
Fledgling

Post by dorf007 »

I completely agree....she has to go !!
ash71
Board Meister

Post by ash71 »

dennism3 wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 3:49 pm
Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:11 pm

What about the persons speaking choices not to be forced to speak certain words?

Two way street.

The pronoun religion wants a one way street by threat of force.
Exactly!!!!! But they will never see it that way. When some people are "right" they are "right" and no one will dissuade them.
Dennis... I'm assuming you're a male. How would you feel if you were constantly addressed as "she" and "her"? Would you be offended? Would you correct the offending person? Would you insist that person call you he & him? Because I'm pretty certain that you would actually care.

Return to “Central Okanagan”