Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

Post by JLives »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:11 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 6:35 pm Peterson's entire platform is more about disrespecting people, not using their preferred pronouns ... his position is ridiculous in that he doesn't respect people's choices ...
What about the persons speaking choices not to be forced to speak certain words?

Two way street.

The pronoun religion wants a one way street by threat of force.
Oh you poor dear. Words you don't want to say! Life is hard hey? I'm pretty sure you probably do say both he and she on a regular basis though....
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm I'm pretty sure you probably do say both he and she on a regular basis though....
But not some "ze", "ve", "xyr", or such constructs. As an immigrant, I have worked so hard to become proficient in English language, but this would be too much for me to relearn it again.

Secondly, I am pretty sure I could tell who is "he" or "she" without them having to drop their panties down, even if dressed up like ballerinas.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm Oh you poor dear.
You don't care.

You dont care if I respect people but you will put me in jail unless I utter the words. It's all an act and seemingly you enjoy/feel pleasure in literally forcing people to utter words. Respect is out the window. Regardless if there is respect or not you feel it is a win if someone is :forced": to speak a certain way.

Kind of like a God or Jesus or a King. "You WILL address me as _____"

You are forcing people to cosplay, not respect people.

"Oh you poor dear" - not everyone in the world has to respect you and your cult.

What's next - "tone policing"?

Jordan Peterson used my pronouns but he rolled his eyes and his tone of voice was offsetting when he said them!!!
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Jan 6th, 2023, 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:54 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm I'm pretty sure you probably do say both he and she on a regular basis though....
But not some "ze", "ve", "xyr", or such constructs. As an immigrant, I have worked so hard to become proficient in English language, but this would be too much for me to relearn it again.

Secondly, I am pretty sure I could tell who is "he" or "she" without them having to drop their panties down, even if dressed up like ballerinas.
Come on. In your day to day life how often does it come up? It's much ado about nothing. Not being sure on gender is the same thing as when you forgot someone's name, you still communicate with them fine. And when they give you a clue how they prefer to be addressed you run with it. It's so not a big deal unless you're a super snowflake.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:04 pm And when they give you a clue how they prefer to be addressed you run with it. It's so not a big deal unless you're a super snowflake.
I'm not a part of their bedroom activities so why do I care what they want to be called?

If we're engaged in sexual acts and acting out a scene, that's another story.

I'm not participating in a random persons sex scene by simply addressing them.

There are males and females on this planet and a unlimited number of personalities. Have at 'er.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:01 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm Oh you poor dear.
You don't care.

You dont care if I respect people but you will put me in jail unless I utter the words.

You are forcing people to cosplay, not respect people.

"Oh you poor dear" - not everyone in the world has to respect you and your cult.

What's next - "tone policing"?

Jordan Peterson used my pronouns but he rolled his eyes and his tone of voice was offsetting when he said them!!!
You are correct. I really don't care. You people sound ridiculous. Someone should have taught you some respect and kindness for others. This ain't how you show it. Bunch of whiners. It just tells me you don't have actual problems, if this is what you focus your energy on.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm
Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:11 pm
What about the persons speaking choices not to be forced to speak certain words?

Two way street.

The pronoun religion wants a one way street by threat of force.
Oh you poor dear. Words you don't want to say! Life is hard hey? I'm pretty sure you probably do say both he and she on a regular basis though....
People do not want to reinforce stupidity. One-hundred percent of people use He and She, Her and Him, on a regular basis, and those pronouns will never be obsolete.

On the other-hand, few people use unpopular, unknown, un-standard, amateur-nouns, borne from confusion, which are hardly ever used in a personal conversation anyways, especially in a language other than English.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:11 pm Someone should have taught you some respect and kindness for others.
What about respecting me and my choice not to participate in the gender ideology religion?

My Catholic Grandmother said the same thing about me eating red meat on Fridays. Disrespecting Jesus, ect.

You cannot reach into peoples brains and make them respect you.

But...in Canada you can write a law and make people PRETEND to respect you or be put in jail.
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Jan 6th, 2023, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Jlabute wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:13 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm

People do not want to reinforce stupidity. One-hundred percent of people use He and She, Her and Him, on a regular basis, and those pronouns will never be obsolete.

On the other-hand, few people use unpopular, unknown, un-standard, amateur-nouns, borne from confusion, which are hardly ever used in a personal conversation anyways, especially in a language other than English.
How many times has it actually come up in your life? Not on the blogs you frequent or a Fox News report, or what Peterson says. How many times has it come up in your actual real life? For me, ZERO. It's not an actual issue, it's just whining.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

When people put their pronouns in their emails handles I have started calling them out on it.

I cannot take people like that seriously.

You are emailing me about a purchase order.

I DO NOT CARE IF YOU HAVE GENITALS OR NOT.

Talk to me about the purchase order and leave your sexlife out of this business email.
spooker

Post by spooker »

What is the difference between using a person's name and using their pronouns? Does anyone regularly go around and say "you look like a George so that's what I'll call you Stan"

I get it, we don't want to be inconvenienced ... it's too worrisome to face someone's reaction if we get it wrong ... but then again if we're honestly sincere in our response when someone corrects us it doesn't go anywhere beyond that ... I've gotten it wrong before, it happens, we're only human ...

I really don't care what gender someone is, it doesn't change who I am or affect me in any manner that I can tell ... I will trat everyone with respect, period, not the usual "the respect they deserve" copout ...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:27 pm That wouldn't happen so I wouldn't react at all.
Happens almost everyday now. Most of the people I call out tell me their companies MAKE THEM use pronoun handles. They are forced. This is "woke" HR departments afraid of being sued and bad PR and being on the wrong side of the most hot button issue out there. It's all bully-optics. Zero respect.

99.9% of people use REAL WORDS and yes I assume Jennifer is a her and John is a he.

Why do I care what gender you feel like this afternoon? Why do I care what you like your sex partners to call you?

NOT MY BUSINESS OR ISSU
E - because were talking about money/sales your emotions have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

spooker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:30 pm I get it, we don't want to be inconvenienced ...
Imagine making people say the words "Abortion is wrong" when talking about Abortion.

You must say "...is wrong" every time you use the word "abortion".

You dont have to believe it - you just have to say it, by law.

That's not "inconvenience". That's not respect. That's forced speech.

Do trans people feel good when a "Fox news type" person is forced to use a made-up word? The trans person knows the Fox news type person is not on their side. They know their mind is not changed. I'm just picturing this situation if I was a trans person and I forced someone who CLEARLY didn't want to say something to say it.

Reminds me exactly of a forced-apology. What is the point here? What is the goal and what is the win?

You forced someone to say something...and now what?

That forced person mind is not changed and the trans person walks away with a feeling of what exactly?

Victory? Achievement?

They did not earn "respect" because they just forced someone to say words under threat of law.
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Jan 6th, 2023, 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:31 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:23 pm OMG how do you even deal bro? That must be so hard for you to read those words. How do even stay employed there being subjected to such regular abuse?
You don't understand. People going to work don't need, nor they want to listen about their coworkers sexual fantasies and fetishes. Yes, some level of socialization is necessary, but not on that level.
They aren't the ones with the weird sexual fetish hangups. You are. When someone who is a man calls themselves a man do you immediately think of this gross stuff? NO. It's exactly the same thing with trans people. The issue lies with you, not them.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:48 pm They aren't the ones with the weird sexual fetish hangups. You are.
The people who identify as Fay/faeself or as zoo animals and demand everyone to accept their point of view are not the oddballs - it's the 99.9% of people who are male and female are the ones with hangups! :135:

Return to “Central Okanagan”