Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

Post by JLives »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:55 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:48 pm They aren't the ones with the weird sexual fetish hangups. You are.
The people who identify as Fay/faeself or as zoo animals and demand everyone to accept their point of view are not the oddballs - it's the 99.9% of people who are male and female are the ones with hangups! :135:
That's not happening in general. I'm sure there's maybe one person being that there's 7 billion of us on the planet. This is not a real issue outside of in your head.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

This whole issue is like banning swear words in music, but in reverse.

It completely mirrors the religious political right movement in the 1980's to ban swear words from music.

In the 1980's the church ladies said the same thing that trans people are saying today.

"Words are scary!"
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:55 pm
The people who identify as Fay/faeself or as zoo animals and demand everyone to accept their point of view are not the oddballs - it's the 99.9% of people who are male and female are the ones with hangups! :135:
You really need to get back on your Meds and get help!
Hello Darkness my old friend...I stood up too fast again!
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:48 pm They aren't the ones with the weird sexual fetish hangups. You are. When someone who is a man calls themselves a man do you immediately think of this gross stuff? NO. It's exactly the same thing with trans people. The issue lies with you, not them.
There have always been gay people around, and I'm fine with that. They are not an issue. It's OK even to be confused, but it is those who are normalizing and imposing such confusions on the society who really need their heads examined.

Mr. Peterson speaks common sense unfettered, and in the eyes of the leftist mob, that seems to be the biggest issue. And more importantly, they are losing that battle on their own social media grounds. Hence the "outrage".
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:31 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:27 pm That wouldn't happen so I wouldn't react at all.
Happens almost everyday now. Most of the people I call out tell me their companies MAKE THEM use pronoun handles. They are forced. This is "woke" HR departments afraid of being sued and bad PR and being on the wrong side of the most hot button issue out there. It's all bully-optics. Zero respect.

99.9% of people use REAL WORDS and yes I assume Jennifer is a her and John is a he.

Why do I care what gender you feel like this afternoon? Why do I care what you like your sex partners to call you?

NOT MY BUSINESS OR ISSU
E - because were talking about money/sales your emotions have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING.
:up: :up: :up:

Male or Female............after that "IT" covers the rest, simple!

Our Federal Liberals love this absolute bull :cuss: because to them they see ONLY the votes coming from this group of chemical imbalanced "IT's".........if you think they really care about this "beyond woke" garbage, you will never understand politics and their illusion of giving a :cuss: about anything but themselves.

This is Trudeau's M.O. because of his own bloodline having such a abundance of mental illness..........create a deflection of the REAL issues Canada has right now by building divide to distract.
Last edited by lesliepaul on Jan 6th, 2023, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:34 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:30 pm I get it, we don't want to be inconvenienced ...
Imagine making people say the words "Abortion is wrong" when talking about Abortion.

You must say "...is wrong" every time you use the word "abortion".

You dont have to believe it - you just have to say it, by law.

That's not "inconvenience". That's not respect. That's forced speech.

Do trans people feel good when a "Fox news type" person is forced to use a made-up word? The trans person knows the Fox news type person is not on their side. They know their mind is not changed. I'm just picturing this situation if I was a trans person and I forced someone who CLEARLY didn't want to say something to say it.

Reminds me exactly of a forced-apology. What is the point here? What is the goal and what is the win?

You forced someone to say something...and now what?

That forced person mind is not changed and the trans person walks away with a feeling of what exactly?

Victory? Achievement?

They did not earn "respect" because they just forced someone to say words under threat of law.
Not sure how stating an opinion about a general subject, i.e. abortion, is related to the more personal subject of using someone's pronouns when talking to or about a specific person ... respecting a person is quite different
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

spooker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 6:56 pm Not sure how stating an opinion about a general subject, i.e. abortion, is related to the more personal subject of using someone's pronouns when talking to or about a specific person ... respecting a person is quite different
Forced speech is forced speech.

Transgender pronouns are fantasy/religious words.

Might as well force people genuflect.

Doesn't matter if you believe, but you will go through the motions.
Last edited by Mazdatruck on Jan 6th, 2023, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spooker

Post by spooker »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 6:20 pm
JLives wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:48 pm They aren't the ones with the weird sexual fetish hangups. You are. When someone who is a man calls themselves a man do you immediately think of this gross stuff? NO. It's exactly the same thing with trans people. The issue lies with you, not them.
There have always been gay people around, and I'm fine with that. They are not an issue. It's OK even to be confused, but it is those who are normalizing and imposing such confusions on the society who really need their heads examined.

Mr. Peterson speaks common sense unfettered, and in the eyes of the leftist mob, that seems to be the biggest issue. And more importantly, they are losing that battle on their own social media grounds. Hence the "outrage".
Gender identity is different from sexual orientation ... most people can tell them apart ... and who's to say someone is "confused"? that just seems like gaslighting ...
spooker

Post by spooker »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 6:57 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 6:56 pm Not sure how stating an opinion about a general subject, i.e. abortion, is related to the more personal subject of using someone's pronouns when talking to or about a specific person ... respecting a person is quite different
Forced speech is forced speech.

Transgender pronouns are fantasy/religious words.

Might as well make people genuflect.
Yes, that is one opinion ... but that's all it is ...
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

spooker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 6:59 pm Yes, that is one opinion ... but that's all it is ...
Here's the Pope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:34 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 5:30 pm I get it, we don't want to be inconvenienced ...
Imagine making people say the words "Abortion is wrong" when talking about Abortion.

You must say "...is wrong" every time you use the word "abortion".

You dont have to believe it - you just have to say it, by law.

That's not "inconvenience". That's not respect. That's forced speech.

Do trans people feel good when a "Fox news type" person is forced to use a made-up word? The trans person knows the Fox news type person is not on their side. They know their mind is not changed. I'm just picturing this situation if I was a trans person and I forced someone who CLEARLY didn't want to say something to say it.

Reminds me exactly of a forced-apology. What is the point here? What is the goal and what is the win?

You forced someone to say something...and now what?

That forced person mind is not changed and the trans person walks away with a feeling of what exactly?

Victory? Achievement?

They did not earn "respect" because they just forced someone to say words under threat of law.
I agree.

And fake or forced apologies just make things worse. Was anyone fooled by the drama teacher Trudeau's crocodile tears when he made his apologies? If they were, they are dumber than a sack of hammers.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

LittleBoy wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... n-Peterson

When is enough, enough?
Mistake after bumbling mistake Merrifield cannot seem to keep her fingers off her phone, quoting anti-LGBTQ and misogynistic 'doctor' Jordan Peterson. This is WHILE she holds the portfolio of Liberal critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion!! She either doesn't 'get it' or she is utterly incompetent as a political leader. One day I'm reading about how her forecast for the next year is full of doom and gloom, not offering any suggestions as to how to improve the quality of life for residents of her consistency. And today she's making headlines quoting a misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ proponent. Not to mention her tone of supporting, "..a lot of trans-exclusionary activists. She retracted a Twitter-like about some laws that had changed in the U.S. that were discriminatory toward trans people."

There is something truly offensive about someone who takes a position of power and influence in public office to shine a negative light on some of our most vulnerable citizens. Renee, you should be ashamed of yourself and you really need to smarten up with your Twitter engagement. Just because you don't understand the gravity of what your quote might mean to others isn't as you called it, "...nothing more than someone trying to make something of an issue that it simply is not." It truly shows that you either don't support the LGBTQ community, or you're too dumb to understand it, my thoughts are a bit of both.

If the BC Liberals and Kevin Falcan had any integrity, they would remove Merrifield as critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion ASAP, before she can :cuss: anything up any further. She's been a slow-moving car wreck for the past 2.5 years. I ask the public, what has Merrifield done to better our community in these last 2.5 years other than negativity and controversy?
Little boy hadn't been back since his initial post. Hmm, baiting, stirring up the sewer?

If you do come back littleboy, please give us a direct quote of Jordan Peterson that offends you. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

ash71 wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 2:00 pm The people who think that Jordan Peterson has "moral and professional integrity" are the same people who drive around in their flag covered trucks with F Trudeau bumper stickers thinking that the last 3 years have been some kind of big conspiracy.
You too ash71, give us a direct quote of Jordan Peterson that offends you, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 7th, 2023, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack

#StandUpToJewishHate
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 8:12 pm And fake or forced apologies just make things worse. Was anyone fooled by the drama teacher Trudeau's crocodile tears when he made his apologies? If they were, they are dumber than a sack of hammers.
Indeed! Caving in to the mob's demands only makes them hungrier for more. Most of these mobsters are people who have never done anything productive in their sorry lives. Mobbing just makes them feel "useful", all in the name of some "greater good" which they have been indoctrinated with.

And once they realize that for the most of them, there is not really any money for them in that, they get even angrier toward those who took a different, realistic career path.

Return to “Central Okanagan”