Is this a suitable sentence?

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Is this a suitable sentence?

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/K ... -collision
Three years in prison for driver who killed three students in hit-and-run collision

He killed three innocent persons.
He seriously injured a another.
He fled the scene of the crime.
He was travelling 110 km/hr in a residential zone. Max speed permitted is 50 km/hr.

What was he thinking? He wasn't.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Is this a suitable sentence?

Post by GordonH »

Don’t worry bb49 because my5cents will be along shortly telling us all about what kind of sentence is allowed by Canadian law.

impo it to damn short... along with a number of judgments in our courts.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

GordonH wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 5:19 pm Don’t worry bb49 because my5cents will be along shortly telling us all about what kind of sentence is allowed by Canadian law.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I'd probably want to see a longer sentence, probably 5.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... gh-ceiling

Ok, so what stands out to ME is that the woman's SON was arrested. WHAT THE???? he's with his mom downstairs in THIER suite and gets attacked by an insane assailant who puts a hole through the ceiling and defends himself and his MOTHER and gets arrested?

Also aside here, note who is going to pay for all the damages. The landlord, one way or another, insurance or not, there will be costs not covered. If any.

So much fun being a landlord.

And if I were that woman, I'd be moving, possible name change added, to anywhere but Kamloops.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Queen K wrote: Jan 11th, 2023, 3:06 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... gh-ceiling

Ok, so what stands out to ME is that the woman's SON was arrested. WHAT THE???? he's with his mom downstairs in THIER suite and gets attacked by an insane assailant who puts a hole through the ceiling and defends himself and his MOTHER and gets arrested?

Also aside here, note who is going to pay for all the damages. The landlord, one way or another, insurance or not, there will be costs not covered. If any.

So much fun being a landlord.

And if I were that woman, I'd be moving, possible name change added, to anywhere but Kamloops.
The article does say he ...was arrested and released, pending the results of the RCMP investigation.
A couple of scenarios. The police will determine it was self defence and not charge the son, or there may have been issues between the son and the perp.

Yeah, sucks to be a landlord.

And what's with this Queen, ...to anywhere but Kamloops.
I'm sure there's a few neighborhoods in other cities, Kelowna, that many on here would not recommend.
As for the neighbourhood in question, the North Shore, I seldom go there.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

She doesn't feel safe she said. And to me, if that was me, I'd not be in the vicinity of the prep. Or, "anywhere but Kamloops." There are jobs everywhere. What ever she does, it's transferable I am sure.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Queen K wrote: Jan 11th, 2023, 3:19 pm She doesn't feel safe she said. And to me, if that was me, I'd not be in the vicinity of the prep. Or, "anywhere but Kamloops." There are jobs everywhere. What ever she does, it's transferable I am sure.
I understand.
I was going to suggest she move to Rutland. I've heard plenty about it. :biggrin:

#StandUpToJewishHate
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The man who runs KGH lives in Rutland, so do many good people on this board.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Dec 3rd, 2021, 4:19 pm He killed three innocent persons.
He seriously injured a another.
He fled the scene of the crime.
He was travelling 110 km/hr in a residential zone. Max speed permitted is 50 km/hr.

What was he thinking? He wasn't.
But since he was behind the wheel of a car he didn't "mean" it ... since there was no motive it can't be tried as a criminal matter ... that's the price of progress they say, gotta take the bad with the good ... /s

Return to “Kamloops”