Elon Musk dissolves Twitter's board of directors

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Elon Musk dissolves Twitter's board of directors

Post by steven lloyd »

65deluxe wrote: Jan 14th, 2023, 9:00 am This democrat party is pure evil. Its a cult made up of followers those who stopped thinking for themselves long ago.
And that is different from the Republican Party and their supporters how? With followers so deliberately obtuse as to claim they don't know who the Qpublicans are but do know the Dumbocrats. Given how corrupt and dysfunctional politics has become anyone loyal to any one political party these days (in either Canada or the US) is a dupe who stopped thinking for themselves long ago.
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

steven lloyd wrote: Jan 17th, 2023, 4:12 am
65deluxe wrote: Jan 14th, 2023, 9:00 am This democrat party is pure evil. Its a cult made up of followers those who stopped thinking for themselves long ago.
And that is different from the Republican Party and their supporters how? With followers so deliberately obtuse as to claim they don't know who the Qpublicans are but do know the Dumbocrats. Given how corrupt and dysfunctional politics has become anyone loyal to any one political party these days (in either Canada or the US) is a dupe who stopped thinking for themselves long ago.
Me, Ive also considered myself an independent. But when a person can side with the ridiculousness taking place today, it tells me all I need to know about them. Critical thinking is not in the lefts vocabulary. An example, how many Canadians are good with our border laws, but were against Trump trying to secure the southern border? Now how many of those do you think actually have researched and discovered that our border laws are much more strict then the US and what Trump tried to accomplish? How many Canadians would be okay with approximately 4 million illegals crossing the border, unchecked? Why were lefties up in arms when Trump held illegals in "cages", but were okay with Obama building the cages and doing the same thing? Why is the left okay with illegals sleeping in the streets of El Paso because there is literally nowhere to house them? Why does the left have a problem with Texas, and other states shipping illegals to northern cities, democrat cities that have declared themselves sanctuary cities? Why do those who support the left have no problem with Biden flying illegals into states in the middle of the night? I could go on and on about the ridiculousness of the left but I think, hope I made my point.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

65deluxe wrote: Jan 17th, 2023, 5:46 am
steven lloyd wrote: Jan 17th, 2023, 4:12 am And that is different from the Republican Party and their supporters how? With followers so deliberately obtuse as to claim they don't know who the Qpublicans are but do know the Dumbocrats. Given how corrupt and dysfunctional politics has become anyone loyal to any one political party these days (in either Canada or the US) is a dupe who stopped thinking for themselves long ago.
Me, Ive also considered myself an independent. But when a person can side with the ridiculousness taking place today, it tells me all I need to know about them. Critical thinking is not in the lefts vocabulary.
IMO, critical thinking is not in the vocabulary of any partisan extremist, left or right. I'm not going to waste my time defending any politician or political party or assume that anyone criticizing one of those crooks is by default a supporter of someone else.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

steven lloyd wrote: Jan 17th, 2023, 4:12 am With followers so deliberately obtuse as to claim they don't know who the Qpublicans are but do know the Dumbocrats.
Who are the "Qpublicans"? It's pretty obvious the Dumbocrats is an excellent way to describe the Democrats. Why you would be deliberately obtuse about the Dumbocrats is pretty silly.
Given how corrupt and dysfunctional politics has become anyone loyal to any one political party these days (in either Canada or the US) is a dupe who stopped thinking for themselves long ago.
And that's why its so weird why there are so many here still posting misinformation in favour of the Democrats. Why? Such foolish dupes.

Thank goodness for Elon taking over Twitter!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 18th, 2023, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

No comments on how Twitter was working with Big Pharma during COVID?

If only Elon didn't buy Twitter eh?

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

"Nothing burger" and now you guys have to stick to it!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

:135: "You guys"? Who are these "you guys"?
People who think Twitter is a "news" source? [icon_lol2.gif]
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

steven lloyd wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 5:25 am :135: "You guys"? Who are these "you guys"?
Funny how quickly the lefts attitude toward twitter changed when Musk took over. Seems its only lies when the truth contradicts their feelings.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Elon Musk dissolves Twitter's board of directors <--- See that? It's called the Topic. Get back on it!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

65deluxe wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 6:16 am
steven lloyd wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 5:25 am :135: "You guys"? Who are these "you guys"?
Funny how quickly the lefts attitude toward twitter changed when Musk took over. Seems its only lies when the truth contradicts their feelings.
Elon Musk dissolved Twitter's board of directors. Twitter wasn't a "news" source before this happened and it's not a "news" source now and it doesn't matter if a person is left or right. Seems this simple point is being missed by some when this truth contradicts their feelings.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

It's interesting that once Musk's takeover and the dissolution of its board laid bare how dishonestly, to what extent - and by whom - Twitter has been used to influence the public on social and political issues, the preferred narrative became "but Twitter is not a news channel".
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

:135: Did you ever think it was? Personally I was never under that illusion. It is interesting to see how people change their perspective as circumstances change to suit a preferred narrative.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

"Who was under the illusion Twitter was a news channel" is a side issue, deflecting from reality to maintain a preferred perspective of "oh, well, only idiots were manipulated by Twitter".

In reality, Musk's takeover has exposed how much public policy was being influenced by those controlling what Twitter dishonestly promoted, manipulating the masses.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rustled wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 8:50 am In reality, Musk's takeover has exposed how much public policy was being influenced by those controlling what Twitter dishonestly promoted, manipulating the masses.
Yes, I suppose that might have been quite the revelation for some people who think anything they read on social media that fits their preferred partisan loyalties is the truth. Much like those who think what they are getting now on Twitter after Musk's takeover will be the truth because it fits their preferred partisan loyalties. Twitter has no more credibility now than it did before Musk dissolved Twitter's board of directors. Making this about "sides" only perpetuates division and misses the point.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Since Musk's takeover and the subsequent dissolution of the board, those interested can clearly see how Twitter was used for several years to thoroughly manipulate the masses into supporting and vilifying to achieve a particular outcome.

Musk's takeover of Twitter has certainly provided a cautionary tale for anyone who tends to "think" in terms of what's popular and what isn't.

Return to “World”