Nice weather

Urban Cowboy
Guru

Re: Nice weather

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Might be but Millbridge Park is on the other side of Gordon Drive which going by that map I found is the Central City boundary.

I was wondering if maybe Landmark has a weather station on the roof or something?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I can't find a station there... Btw, here is how the average JANUARY temperature changes as you drive from Osoyoos to Whitehorse...
avgdistances2.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Rain! And looks like it will continue for a bit.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I had so much trouble keeping warm last night, it feels like the temperature really dropped from what it was :/
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 17th, 2023, 8:59 am I had so much trouble keeping warm last night, it feels like the temperature really dropped from what it was :/
Still a lot warmer than a month ago!

I was looking at the Christmas temperatures... The Okanagan didn't even climb above -3 during the day!

That's colder than Prince George and Calgary were!

Penticton was more than 1 standard deviation below normal, so one of the colder christmases in a long time.

Some places like Victoria and Prince George were close to a standard deviation above normal.
xmascan.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bigtimeoperations
Board Meister

Post by bigtimeoperations »

Anybody else getting tired of this depressing weather pattern? Plus 2 and rain in January just ain't it! Surely one of the rainiest Januarys we have ever had. Come on weather gods how about some more snow? Now there's a concept and a half!
Don't Vancouver our Kelowna!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

bigtimeoperations wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 3:57 pm Anybody else getting tired of this depressing weather pattern? Plus 2 and rain in January just ain't it! Surely one of the rainiest Januarys we have ever had. Come on weather gods how about some more snow? Now there's a concept and a half!
I'll take the rain of wet snow. This weather is the pits, I'd rather have a steady -15 C for the winter.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

I've always like that talk about standard deviations. I'm just a deviant kinda guy. Seriously, the milder weather means we're losing our snow too early and that's a big part of the summer water for the forest floor.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Ken7 wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 4:09 pm
bigtimeoperations wrote: Jan 18th, 2023, 3:57 pm Anybody else getting tired of this depressing weather pattern? Plus 2 and rain in January just ain't it! Surely one of the rainiest Januarys we have ever had. Come on weather gods how about some more snow? Now there's a concept and a half!
I'll take the rain of wet snow. This weather is the pits, I'd rather have a steady -15 C for the winter.
Yeah me too. A lot of snow and ice on the roof with this constant freeze thaw, drizzle, snow, and so on. Already have a ten foot section of eaves trough that will need replaced as the ice mangled it. :-X

Vehicle stays much cleaner when it's -15°C also.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yesterday was a little strange - we had such brilliant blue sky and sunshine! It's rare in the winter in Kelowna, but that wasn't the weird part. My nephew lives in Penticton, he sent me a pic showing fog so thick he couldn't see across the parking lot at his work. :135:
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Wait until tomorrow. I have delayed my trip to Vancouver.
Capture 1.jpg
Capture 2.jpg
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 20th, 2023, 12:34 pm Yesterday was a little strange - we had such brilliant blue sky and sunshine! It's rare in the winter in Kelowna, but that wasn't the weird part. My nephew lives in Penticton, he sent me a pic showing fog so thick he couldn't see across the parking lot at his work. :135:
That's VERY rare because Penticton has the least amount of fog in Canada, and it's not even close. Penticton gets just 7 hours per year. By contrast, Sable Island, NS and Burgeo, NL get more than 1000 hours per year.

The highest in BC is Cape St. James on the southern tip of the Queen Charlotte Islands, but it's an uninhabited location. 652 hours. Next in the province are Quesnel and Prince George with 255 and 241 hours respectively.

Here is a graph showing all the least foggy places in Canada.
FOGGY.png
FOGGY3.png
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Which one of you :cuss: ordered the snow? :swear:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Queen K wrote: Jan 21st, 2023, 9:31 pm Which one of you ordered the snow?
Someone must have washed their car ...
Going to stay cold for a bit I believe.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

:cry: :cry: :cry: So over this ! :smt045
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”