Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
User avatar
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17830
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by MAPearce »

Jonrox wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 5:52 pm
rustled wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 5:47 pm
That's the one.
It doesn’t matter… it’s a joke from a parody account. That you guys are all falling for it speaks volumes. As long as it suits your narrative, you don’t question it at all.
That's a "Pot meet Kettle" response right there ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Jonrox

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Jonrox »

MAPearce wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 6:10 pm
Jonrox wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 5:52 pm
It doesn’t matter… it’s a joke from a parody account. That you guys are all falling for it speaks volumes. As long as it suits your narrative, you don’t question it at all.
That's a "Pot meet Kettle" response right there ..
I literally did the opposite… I did my own research and didn’t fall for a tweet designed to provoke a response… lol.
Jonrox

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Jonrox »

rustled wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 6:09 pm And the more recent news included the report of a follow up tweet claiming it was not satire. The link to the tweet doesn't work, so who knows.

This seems to illustrate how much of a minefield any discussion identity politics has become, rife with stereotyping and all sorts of silly bickering.
Who knows? … Lol… If you’re not on mobile, just go look it up on the desktop version of Twitter. It's not hard to find.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4020
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by lesliepaul »

the truth wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:46 pm maybe the transgender community can open up transgender gyms .?
we have co ed gyms, women only gyms, why not transgender gyms problem solved
:up: :up: :up: ............COMMON SENSE!

.........but that's not what it is about with "these" chemically imbalanced. What they want is disruption of normalcy because of how special they are..........make that special needs. Their world is not and never will be "happy"........so they want to take down as many as possible on their road to ruin.


Many, and I mean many in the "gay" community DO NOT support this along with not wanting parades, gay month or gay weeks.........THEY are quite happy to live in their world as THEY have built it and NOT be out there rubbing it in the faces of others.

OH.........and go and google this FACT yourself!
Last edited by lesliepaul on Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fancy
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 67003
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Fancy »

lesliepaul wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm ...What they want is disruption of normalcy because of how special they are..........make that special needs. Their world is not and never will be "happy"........so they want to take down as many as possible on their road to ruin....
So transgender means they come under the definition of "special needs"?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17830
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:28 pm
lesliepaul wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm ...What they want is disruption of normalcy because of how special they are..........make that special needs. Their world is not and never will be "happy"........so they want to take down as many as possible on their road to ruin....
So transgender means they come under the definition of "special needs"?
They do have their own letter in the "alphabet" ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10321
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Thinking about baseball isn't going to help this young fella in the news story in a women's change room with nude women walking around.

Basically, it's legalizing voyeurism.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Chinese diplomat Zhao had also been observed meeting in Toronto with a number of constituency staffers for Liberal MPs, including an assistant for International Trade Minister Mary Ng
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4020
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by lesliepaul »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 8:06 pm Thinking about baseball isn't going to help this young fella in the news story in a women's change room with nude women walking around.

Basically, it's legalizing voyeurism.
Like so many out there that feel EVERYBODY owes them and can NEVER say no to them no matter how INSANE they come across..........for many this is their "15 minutes of fame".

.........did they ever :cuss: ing waste it!
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 32001
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 24th, 2023, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1853
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

Nedroj wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm Couple of things to point out:

1) Trans Suicide rates before and after sex change operations don't vary much at all. Given this data, it can be concluded that performing the sex change operation doesn't in fact treat the condition.
Who said anything about sex change operations? I didn't. I'm really not sure what sex change operations have to do with this. Red herring argument.
Nedroj wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm 2) You say you want to help them but also acknowledge that they are suffering from a very serious mental illness.
What mental illness is treated by going along with their delusions and not treating the condition?
I like steak, but I also like my lawn to look nice in the summer. What a contradiction?
Look, depression is a serious mental illness. I assume that's the mental illness you're referring to, and I think we agree on that right?
I'm quite sure depression can be treated without calling people delusional, and by the way, what is the condition you're talking about?
No, I don't believe transgenderism is a serious mental illness. It's a problem for transgender people only because of members of society who hate them for who they are.
Nedroj wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm 3) Doing nothing doesn't perpetuate contempt of anything other than I simply don't care. We all got problems we need to deal with and given the trans group make up less than 1% of our population, it doesnt really warrant the attention anyone is giving them.
If doing nothing doesn't perpetuate contempt, only apathy, then why won't you even just do that? Why not just do nothing? You're doing far more than nothing. You're defending the ongoing societal abuse of transgendered people everywhere. You're being dismissive of them.
Sure, we all got problems. Last night, my microwave heated the outside of my shepherds pie and left the inside pretty cool. I had to cut it open, mix it up a bit then microwave it again, and then it was a bit dry. I hope I can get over it. My life can be hard at times, so I don't have the capacity to care about others.
User avatar
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2193
Joined: Jan 20th, 2022, 8:40 am

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by YzzzR1 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 24th, 2023, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
VaxisSafe
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2139
Joined: Jan 31st, 2022, 10:22 am

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by VaxisSafe »

lesliepaul wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm Many, and I mean many in the "gay" community DO NOT support this along with not wanting parades, gay month or gay weeks.........THEY are quite happy to live in their world as THEY have built it and NOT be out there rubbing it in the faces of others.
Ok

And many in the gay community (including myself) don’t think that advocating for rights is somehow “rubbing it in the faces of others” and are quite happy to support transgender people.
Nedroj
Übergod
Posts: 1495
Joined: Apr 10th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Nedroj »

youjustcomplain wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 8:10 am
Nedroj wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm Couple of things to point out:

1) Trans Suicide rates before and after sex change operations don't vary much at all. Given this data, it can be concluded that performing the sex change operation doesn't in fact treat the condition.
Who said anything about sex change operations? I didn't. I'm really not sure what sex change operations have to do with this. Red herring argument.
Nedroj wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm 2) You say you want to help them but also acknowledge that they are suffering from a very serious mental illness.
What mental illness is treated by going along with their delusions and not treating the condition?
I like steak, but I also like my lawn to look nice in the summer. What a contradiction?
Look, depression is a serious mental illness. I assume that's the mental illness you're referring to, and I think we agree on that right?
I'm quite sure depression can be treated without calling people delusional, and by the way, what is the condition you're talking about?
No, I don't believe transgenderism is a serious mental illness. It's a problem for transgender people only because of members of society who hate them for who they are.
Nedroj wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:58 pm 3) Doing nothing doesn't perpetuate contempt of anything other than I simply don't care. We all got problems we need to deal with and given the trans group make up less than 1% of our population, it doesnt really warrant the attention anyone is giving them.
If doing nothing doesn't perpetuate contempt, only apathy, then why won't you even just do that? Why not just do nothing? You're doing far more than nothing. You're defending the ongoing societal abuse of transgendered people everywhere. You're being dismissive of them.
Sure, we all got problems. Last night, my microwave heated the outside of my shepherds pie and left the inside pretty cool. I had to cut it open, mix it up a bit then microwave it again, and then it was a bit dry. I hope I can get over it. My life can be hard at times, so I don't have the capacity to care about others.
If the trans suicide rate doesn't change even after receiving top/bottom surgery then it is not a viable solution to the mental illness that causes their high suicide rate. So why is it continuing to be promoted as a solution? They have more going on in their heads than mere depression. Depression doesnt make you want to remove your penis or breasts.

Also, nobody hates trans people, we feel sorry for them and their struggles with accepting themselves as they are. But we are also not going to entertain their fantasies and throw away everything we know about Human biology. We can be sympathetic toward them while not totally agreeing with their views.

I find it quite hilarious that you claim Im defending the societal abuse of transgendered people. I have not nor have I ever defended violence towards innocent humans. I condemn all forms of violence towards people that are not violent first. Saying Transgendered people are suffering from a serious illness called Gender Dysphoria is not abuse. Its the truth.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
maggiedoon
Fledgling
Posts: 170
Joined: Jan 31st, 2014, 2:26 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by maggiedoon »

VaxisSafe wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 9:21 am
lesliepaul wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm Many, and I mean many in the "gay" community DO NOT support this along with not wanting parades, gay month or gay weeks.........THEY are quite happy to live in their world as THEY have built it and NOT be out there rubbing it in the faces of others.
Ok

And many in the gay community (including myself) don’t think that advocating for rights is somehow “rubbing it in the faces of others” and are quite happy to support transgender people.
But is it already an established right that a male self-identifying as a transgender female can access female only areas? That’s the question here.
ekir8
Board Meister
Posts: 436
Joined: Aug 17th, 2021, 11:34 am

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by ekir8 »

Fancy wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:28 pm So transgender means they come under the definition of "special needs"?
Yes.

Return to “Social Concerns”