Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
User avatar
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 800
Joined: Feb 7th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Richadio »

:up: :up: :up:
lesliepaul wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm
the truth wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 3:46 pm maybe the transgender community can open up transgender gyms .?
we have co ed gyms, women only gyms, why not transgender gyms problem solved
:up: :up: :up: ............COMMON SENSE!

.........but that's not what it is about with "these" chemically imbalanced. What they want is disruption of normalcy because of how special they are..........make that special needs. Their world is not and never will be "happy"........so they want to take down as many as possible on their road to ruin.


Many, and I mean many in the "gay" community DO NOT support this along with not wanting parades, gay month or gay weeks.........THEY are quite happy to live in their world as THEY have built it and NOT be out there rubbing it in the faces of others.

OH.........and go and google this FACT yourself!
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

lesliepaul wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 7:11 pm :up: :up: :up: ............COMMON SENSE!

.........but that's not what it is about with "these" chemically imbalanced. What they want is disruption of normalcy because of how special they are..........make that special needs. Their world is not and never will be "happy"........so they want to take down as many as possible on their road to ruin.
Who is chemically imbalanced? Who is just looking to cause disruption? Who is looking for special needs?
Are you trying to speak as if you know and can represent all trans people?

Whenever you think you understand something, it's the perfect time to question all of it. I've likely met more trans people than I know of, but I've never had any of them tell me that their just looking to cause a disruption.

Maybe it's the ones I've met. Maybe they're the exceptions? Maybe you've got it all right as you seem to think you have.
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jan 23rd, 2023, 8:06 pm Thinking about baseball isn't going to help this young fella in the news story in a women's change room with nude women walking around.

Basically, it's legalizing voyeurism.
? That lost me a little.
If a woman peaks at other woman in the changeroom, is it voyeurism? What about a man peaking at a man in a mens changeroom? Why would it be any different for a trans person, if they took a peak?
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 74580
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by The Green Barbarian »

youjustcomplain wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:32 pm

? That lost me a little.
If a woman peaks at other woman in the changeroom, is it voyeurism? What about a man peaking at a man in a mens changeroom? Why would it be any different for a trans person, if they took a peak?
Why don't you ask women that question. It's kind of bizarre that this needs to be explained to you, why a guy standing in a change room staring at them in the nude makes them uncomfortable, and dim-wits wondering why women wouldn't be over-joyed at this. Amazing even the level of what I hope is just deliberate obtuseness going on here.
This election, vote ABLNDP - anyone but those scumbag NDP or scumbag Liberals.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13816
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by gardengirl »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:34 pm
youjustcomplain wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:32 pm

? That lost me a little.
If a woman peaks at other woman in the changeroom, is it voyeurism? What about a man peaking at a man in a mens changeroom? Why would it be any different for a trans person, if they took a peak?
Why don't you ask women that question. It's kind of bizarre that this needs to be explained to you, why a guy standing in a change room staring at them in the nude makes them uncomfortable, and dim-wits wondering why women wouldn't be over-joyed at this. Amazing even the level of what I hope is just deliberate obtuseness going on here.
Yes. That's why I mentioned trolling. Here we have a man arguing that women should not be justified in having an issue with having a man in the women's only gym they paid to attend.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
VaxisSafe
Übergod
Posts: 1818
Joined: Jan 31st, 2022, 10:22 am

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by VaxisSafe »

gardengirl wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:57 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:34 pm

Why don't you ask women that question. It's kind of bizarre that this needs to be explained to you, why a guy standing in a change room staring at them in the nude makes them uncomfortable, and dim-wits wondering why women wouldn't be over-joyed at this. Amazing even the level of what I hope is just deliberate obtuseness going on here.
Yes. That's why I mentioned trolling. Here we have a man arguing that women should not be justified in having an issue with having a man in the women's only gym they paid to attend.
To what man are you referring? The article is about a trans woman. That said, it sounds like she's been offered a place in a co-ed gym or she can find a different gym that suits her needs so the story is essentially finished. The need to belittle her is quite confusing and unnecessary.
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 31297
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by the truth »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:34 pm
youjustcomplain wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:32 pm

? That lost me a little.
If a woman peaks at other woman in the changeroom, is it voyeurism? What about a man peaking at a man in a mens changeroom? Why would it be any different for a trans person, if they took a peak?
Why don't you ask women that question. It's kind of bizarre that this needs to be explained to you, why a guy standing in a change room staring at them in the nude makes them uncomfortable, and dim-wits wondering why women wouldn't be over-joyed at this. Amazing even the level of what I hope is just deliberate obtuseness going on here.
they will come up with any excuse to justify i guess ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Nedroj
Übergod
Posts: 1430
Joined: Apr 10th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Nedroj »

gardengirl wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:57 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:34 pm

Why don't you ask women that question. It's kind of bizarre that this needs to be explained to you, why a guy standing in a change room staring at them in the nude makes them uncomfortable, and dim-wits wondering why women wouldn't be over-joyed at this. Amazing even the level of what I hope is just deliberate obtuseness going on here.
Yes. That's why I mentioned trolling. Here we have a man arguing that women should not be justified in having an issue with having a man in the women's only gym they paid to attend.
Its so absurd that we all are even having this debate. The fact it's gone this far is even more absurd and just shows how far gone some people truly are. As a man, I have no desire to demand that I be allowed in a Women only gym. In the same way, I may not agree with West Bank First Nations having their own private beach but im certainly not going to protest and demand that I can use it when there is plenty of beaches to use.

And these people wonder why the majority have had enough of it all and are now finally speaking out against this craziness.

To me, there is something really suspect about stories like this because it always seems to involve Trans-Women (biological men) and never Trans-men (biological women) Really seems like it's just a bunch of Men wanting to be around women and using this as an excuse for whatever reasons that may be to do so. Otherwise, we would be seeing the same stories about trans-men but we don't. Jessica Yaniv is the perfect example of a clear man demanding women's salons wax his dick and then tried to sue, forcing these minority/immigrant businesses to have to deal with these absurd claims against them.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3862
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by lesliepaul »

Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm
gardengirl wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:57 pm

Yes. That's why I mentioned trolling. Here we have a man arguing that women should not be justified in having an issue with having a man in the women's only gym they paid to attend.
Its so absurd that we all are even having this debate. The fact it's gone this far is even more absurd and just shows how far gone some people truly are. As a man, I have no desire to demand that I be allowed in a Women only gym. In the same way, I may not agree with West Bank First Nations having their own private beach but im certainly not going to protest and demand that I can use it when there is plenty of beaches to use.

And these people wonder why the majority have had enough of it all and are now finally speaking out against this craziness.

To me, there is something really suspect about stories like this because it always seems to involve Trans-Women (biological men) and never Trans-men (biological women) Really seems like it's just a bunch of Men wanting to be around women and using this as an excuse for whatever reasons that may be to do so. Otherwise, we would be seeing the same stories about trans-men but we don't. Jessica Yaniv is the perfect example of a clear man demanding women's salons wax his dick and then tried to sue, forcing these minority/immigrant businesses to have to deal with these absurd claims against them.

BINGO!!!........we have a winner in the COMMON SENSE category......... :130: :up: :up: :up:

.........now just ignore the woke response to common sense............ :swear: :swear: :swear: ............but it is :cuss: ing hilarious!
User avatar
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 31297
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by the truth »

great points.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:34 pm Why don't you ask women that question. It's kind of bizarre that this needs to be explained to you, why a guy standing in a change room staring at them in the nude makes them uncomfortable, and dim-wits wondering why women wouldn't be over-joyed at this. Amazing even the level of what I hope is just deliberate obtuseness going on here.
I always wonder how long it takes before a civil conversation turns into angry people calling names over the internet.
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

gardengirl wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:57 pm Yes. That's why I mentioned trolling. Here we have a man arguing that women should not be justified in having an issue with having a man in the women's only gym they paid to attend.
Right. Obviously I could be nothing but a troll if I don't share your opinion. I've been on the internet for a long time. Don't worry, you haven't hurt my feeling.

Is this the type of thing where people you disagree with get called names? You and the Green Barbarian can join forces in denouncing me. I really couldn't care less.

But, you're building a straw man argument with your statement. It's my belief that woman only gyms shouldn't be accepted by society.
It's NOT my opinion or my argument that woman shouldn't feel justified in their feelings. Whether they paid for it or not is immaterial.
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm Its so absurd that we all are even having this debate. The fact it's gone this far is even more absurd and just shows how far gone some people truly are. As a man, I have no desire to demand that I be allowed in a Women only gym. In the same way, I may not agree with West Bank First Nations having their own private beach but im certainly not going to protest and demand that I can use it when there is plenty of beaches to use.
The fact that it's "gone this far" only shows that there are conflicting opinions among people. It doesn't mean you're right or that I am. It doesn't mean anyone is crazy and it just because the majority feels the way you do, doesn't make your position the right one. You, and everyone else, might be fighting for the wrong side on this one. None of us need to be historians to be aware of how society can rally together to commit great atrocities. Think about the 40's in Europe. What if people had decided, much sooner, that it should be stopped?
Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm And these people wonder why the majority have had enough of it all and are now finally speaking out against this craziness.
Is it that you have the majority on your side that makes you feel you're right? That isn't even have democracy works. Believe it or not, the majority often makes really bad decisions. Look at some of the most awful politicians elected into government in the USA. It's not an indication that they made a good voting decision.
Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm To me, there is something really suspect about stories like this because it always seems to involve Trans-Women (biological men) and never Trans-men (biological women) Really seems like it's just a bunch of Men wanting to be around women and using this as an excuse for whatever reasons that may be to do so. Otherwise, we would be seeing the same stories about trans-men but we don't. Jessica Yaniv is the perfect example of a clear man demanding women's salons wax his dick and then tried to sue, forcing these minority/immigrant businesses to have to deal with these absurd claims against them.
And that is the power of confirmation bias. You read stories the news writes for you. You don't read news articles that are deemed to be too boring to write.
Do you think that people are dying faster than being born? Don't hear a lot of news stories about child birth, but every day we learn about people dying in all sorts of ways.

What if. Maybe breathe a sec, and allow your rage to dull for a moment, then just consider this next part.
What if, woman complaining about trans woman is the thing people like to read about? What if those are the stories that get published? What if woman becoming men is just as prevalent, but that most men can't tell or don't care that a trans male in working out beside them? What if, this whole issue is just woman causing drama because they think all trans woman are sick perverts looking to rape them. Even if all of it is unfounded.

What if you are just taking part in the herd mentality and failing to consider reality.
youjustcomplain
Übergod
Posts: 1778
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 12:56 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by youjustcomplain »

youjustcomplain wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 11:34 pm
Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm Its so absurd that we all are even having this debate. The fact it's gone this far is even more absurd and just shows how far gone some people truly are. As a man, I have no desire to demand that I be allowed in a Women only gym. In the same way, I may not agree with West Bank First Nations having their own private beach but im certainly not going to protest and demand that I can use it when there is plenty of beaches to use.
The fact that it's "gone this far" only shows that there are conflicting opinions among people. It doesn't mean you're right or that I am.
Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm And these people wonder why the majority have had enough of it all and are now finally speaking out against this craziness.
Is it that you have the majority on your side that makes you feel you're right?
Nedroj wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:40 pm To me, there is something really suspect about stories like this because it always seems to involve Trans-Women (biological men) and never Trans-men (biological women) Really seems like it's just a bunch of Men wanting to be around women and using this as an excuse for whatever reasons that may be to do so. Otherwise, we would be seeing the same stories about trans-men but we don't. Jessica Yaniv is the perfect example of a clear man demanding women's salons wax his dick and then tried to sue, forcing these minority/immigrant businesses to have to deal with these absurd claims against them.
Allow me to summarize.
Many woman don't like trans men.

I guess you don't hear a lot of stories about trans man because most men don't care about it.
How many times are we going hear about men trying to have a trans man kicked out of an all male gym? Think about that question. Really take it in.

Could it be that you don't hear about that in the news because it isn't possible? Not only would no news agency run that story, but there are no all male places where a trans man wouldn't be welcome.

I think you could have got to that all on your own. Everyone reading this could.
Patron
Übergod
Posts: 1562
Joined: Jul 5th, 2022, 6:08 pm

Re: Transgendered Woman Upset by Gym's Policy

Post by Patron »

VaxisSafe wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 2:18 pm
gardengirl wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 1:57 pm

Yes. That's why I mentioned trolling. Here we have a man arguing that women should not be justified in having an issue with having a man in the women's only gym they paid to attend.
To what man are you referring? The article is about a trans woman. That said, it sounds like she's been offered a place in a co-ed gym or she can find a different gym that suits her needs so the story is essentially finished. The need to belittle her is quite confusing and unnecessary.
no, this wasn't a trans woman, it was a male in transition, I went to high school with a guy who fully transitioned into a woman, it took her almost 2 yrs to go thru the needed criteria from mental to physical tests and had the bottom surgery done in a different province in Canada and she had to pay for it and it wasn't cheap. And she does not consider herself a transgender person is is a Woman with all the female body parts except for a uterus, ovaries etc

Return to “Social Concerns”