Teens kick in front door

Patron
Lord of the Board

Re: Teens kick in front door

Post by Patron »

Boarder4 wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 11:35 pm Nothing a bat and can of Mace won’t take care of at the ready, just make sure you feel “threatened” and scared for your life, then you’re good to go. No age limit on this one
if somebody was throwing themselves at my front door, I would most definitely feel very threatened and I would probably do whatever I needed to protect myself. These kids are playing with fire, remember that young man that got beaten darn near to death by that guy in Kamloops, that young man is still in very bad shape and will never be the same.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Patron wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:33 am
Boarder4 wrote: Jan 24th, 2023, 11:35 pm Nothing a bat and can of Mace won’t take care of at the ready, just make sure you feel “threatened” and scared for your life, then you’re good to go. No age limit on this one
if somebody was throwing themselves at my front door, I would most definitely feel very threatened and I would probably do whatever I needed to protect myself. These kids are playing with fire, remember that young man that got beaten darn near to death by that guy in Kamloops, that young man is still in very bad shape and will never be the same.
IF they are running away, that constitutes the end of the threat. If the threat has ended, you don't have the laws on your side if you chase after them.
At that point you are seen as a threat to them and they have the right to defend themselves.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Don’t see how many could forget this horrible outcome.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7637279/7m-j ... t-beating/
Vigilante justice isn’t the answer when this is a possible outcome.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

alanjh595 wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 4:48 am
No, No, No........drag them inside your house (unconscious) place an old kitchen knife in their hands and then call the police.
Sunny the wonder dog will destroy their ankles and they won't get away before the police arrive. :biggrin:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:43 am
alanjh595 wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 4:48 am
No, No, No........drag them inside your house (unconscious) place an old kitchen knife in their hands and then call the police.
Sunny the wonder dog will destroy their ankles and they won't get away before the police arrive. :biggrin:
He has learned from the best :smt045 :smt045
Bring back the LIKE button.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

Fancy wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:40 am Don’t see how many could forget this horrible outcome.
I know that was just horrible that poor young man. And this could easily happen to these kids who do this and think it's fun, you never know who your dealing with and what their reaction could be and sure the person can be charged and go to jail but that doesn't help much if you become a vegetable for the rest of your life, it is not worth the risk and there's something seriously wrong with you if destroying someone property and terrorizing them is a form of fun for you
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:40 am Don’t see how many could forget this horrible outcome.
if someone is breaking into my place, i will never assume they are doing it just for fun, it is my job to protect my family. maybe more kids need to see what can happen why you enter peoples -PRIVATE- property
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:09 pm
if someone is breaking into my place, i will never assume they are doing it just for fun, it is my job to protect my family. maybe more kids need to see what can happen why you enter peoples -PRIVATE- property
7 years in jail for one and a teen's loss of the life he should have had says otherwise. Booting in a door does not mean it's ok for vigilante justice.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:11 pm

7 years in jail for one and a teen's loss of the life he should have had says otherwise. Booting in a door does not mean it's ok for vigilante justice.
what if he the kid had a gun, then what,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:14 pm what if he the kid had a gun, then what,
The kid didn't have a gun.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:15 pm
the truth wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:14 pm what if he the kid had a gun, then what,
how was the home owner supposed to know that
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:18 pm
Fancy wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:15 pm

how was the home owner supposed to know that
Didn't have to - the kid didn't do anything wrong except being in the wrong driveway.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

so what would you do if out of the blue one day you're sitting in your living room and a bunch of kids started slamming their bodies against your front door and I'm not trying to be personal asking the question, just curious as to what you would do ? it takes a lot of strength to boot in a door especially if it's dead bolted, it would be terrorizing to have to go thru, me personally I would be on the phone with 911 and grabbing the first thing I could to find to be ready to fight for my home and my life, I would have no idea what these crazy people would want and I certainly wouldn't go down without a serious defensive fight
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Patron wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:28 pm so what would you do if out of the blue one day you're sitting in your living room and a bunch of kids started slamming their bodies against your front door and I'm not trying to be personal asking the question, just curious as to what you would do ? it takes a lot of strength to boot in a door especially if it's dead bolted, it would be terrorizing to have to go thru, me personally I would be on the phone with 911 and grabbing the first thing I could to find to be ready to fight for my home and my life, I would have no idea what these crazy people would want and I certainly wouldn't go down without a serious defensive fight
911 would be the first and getting my pooch and I out of the house to the neighbours who can help - wouldn't have time to get my gun. The police would be here in short order and hopefully catch them. I've had altercations before and I'm getting too old for them.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Post by Patron »

the truth wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 1:14 pm

what if he the kid had a gun, then what,
the kid ran away, he was drunk from a grad party and mistakenly got the wrong house that he was intending to go to, this Homeowner followed him down the street when he ran away and then beat him within a inch of his life with a baseball bat, he was bigger than the kid , the kid was drunk and he could have easily just laid on him until the police came, but he went insane on the kid and that young man is now a vegetable living 24/7 in a bed . This Homeowner took it way too far and this could happen to the kids who think that this TicTok challenge so they could post and share for "likes" is just so cool. If this was the USA the odds of the homeowner having a legal registered weapon would be extremely high and you could end up dead in an instant and the homeowner wouldn't serve any jail time

Return to “Central Okanagan”