Insulated Shelters

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Insulated Shelters

Post by vinnied »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... he-streets

Great idea, however I think they should probably use something a little less flammable, considering all the fires amongst the homeless population.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
cv23
Guru

Re: Insulated Shelters

Post by cv23 »

Any bets on how many, if any at all, are even returned let alone in re-usable condition?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

cv23 wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 5:29 pm Any bets on how many, if any at all, are even returned let alone in re-usable condition?
non
wasted tax payers money is no big deal, :cuss: just another place to hide stolen goods and people getting high on tax payers money, the ones in charge are clueless, just more woke pc bs, non of this fixes the problem, just adds to it, did the people using these shelters have a city permit, ya no they do not,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

vinnied wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 5:19 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... he-streets

Great idea, however I think they should probably use something a little less flammable, considering all the fires amongst the homeless population.
They are fire resistant.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Foam is non-flammable.....but it does melt.
Bring back the LIKE button.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I wouldnt trust it with an open flame. Or I guess in this case any heating device.
The city is taking a chance imo, even if they are covering their butts by adding the warning labels.
Screenshot 2023-01-25 7.09.23 PM.png
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

vinnied wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:15 pm I wouldnt trust it with an open flame. Or I guess in this case any heating device.
The city is taking a chance imo, even if they are covering their butts by adding the warning labels.
yup they will start fires . die and melt inside, the city messed up on this one
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

cv23 wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 5:29 pm Any bets on how many, if any at all, are even returned let alone in re-usable condition?
And $500 to $700 each? $50 bucks says that the shelters will be sold several times over and no one will see them back.

IH warns about bad drugs on the market, the only people reading those warnings are the non users. Someone expects an insulated shelter with a wide opening is not going to have a fire started inside it? HELLO! :135:

Stephen's Village alone has a two year waitlist.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Iamme
Board Meister

Post by Iamme »

Forgive the skepticism and sarcasm… this will go over like lead balloon. The conditions they leave it in will be trashed, fire hazard etc etc. It’s as smart as JT banning single use straws, plastic lol
Bullying is not acceptable and cowardly. You know who you are.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Never going to work. Not big enough to house a shopping cart full of stolen goods, etc and these folks won't let their stuff out of sight, for fear that one of their kind will lift it from them! :200:
ok-weezy
Fledgling

Post by ok-weezy »

I wonder how it's determined who gets one. I doubt they all survive the season. Graffiti artist will have fun with the blank canvas.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Hmmm. Up to $700 each. Isn't that what you can pretty much get a lower end motel room for for a month? That will also house two people with a bathroom so they don't have to keep defecating on public sidewalks just to be dicks.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

common_sense_guy wrote: Jan 26th, 2023, 8:06 am Hmmm. Up to $700 each. Isn't that what you can pretty much get a lower end motel room for for a month?
Hopefully they will last more than a month.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well this dome might have kept someone warm:

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -from-city

I would hope the City of Kelowna looked to other areas (Toronto/Montreal) that have used the domes to see if there was any success to them in the long term.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:19 pm
vinnied wrote: Jan 25th, 2023, 7:15 pm I wouldnt trust it with an open flame. Or I guess in this case any heating device.
yup they will start fires . die and melt inside, the city messed up on this one
just like i said, more taxpayers money spent without looking into it, https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... -from-city

Return to “Central Okanagan”