Gas Prices

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Re: Gas Prices

Post by Catsumi »

Ken7 wrote: Jan 26th, 2023, 7:03 pm Am I missing something as of this week. Why would the price of fuel be hiked up once again??
Because, according to another, WE support paying higher prices for gas. So there!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

I noticed we've got 3 different prices for regular fuel, 165.9, 169.9 & 174.9. I don't remember ever seeing a spread like that last for long, will all stations settle at 169.9 by the weekend ?
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Ken7 wrote: Jan 26th, 2023, 7:03 pm Am I missing something as of this week. Why would the price of fuel be hiked up once again??
It's called carbon taxes. It's not just some "feel-good" thing. There are consequences. Talk to your MP.
spooker

Post by spooker »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 12:06 am
It's called carbon taxes. It's not just some "feel-good" thing. There are consequences. Talk to your MP.
I couldn't find any change in the carbon pricing this week ... though I did find this:
One quarter of the higher prices Canadians saw over the past two years went directly into oil and gas and mining profits, a study has found, flooding these carbon-intensive industries with money at a time when massive investments are needed to combat climate change.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/202 ... llars.html
Saviour
Board Meister

Post by Saviour »

When did the carbon tax go up in the last couple of weeks?
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

Hello Darkness my old friend...I stood up too fast again!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

spooker wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 11:20 am
I couldn't find any change in the carbon pricing this week ... though I did find this:
One quarter of the higher prices Canadians saw over the past two years went directly into oil and gas and mining profits, a study has found, flooding these carbon-intensive industries with money at a time when massive investments are needed to combat climate change.
Someone sticking up for the Liberals that's all. I call it BS, they raise it and there is no actual reasoning. They can control the supply, just not the demand. It is also a false supply shortage when they do it.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Ken7 wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 4:33 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 11:20 am

Someone sticking up for the Liberals that's all. I call it BS, they raise it and there is no actual reasoning. They can control the supply, just not the demand. It is also a false supply shortage when they do it.
As the link that Old Sailor provided documents it looks like it's the market that is driving the price increase ... not sure how the Liberals come into it ...
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

spooker wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 4:48 pm
Ken7 wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 4:33 pm

As the link that Old Sailor provided documents it looks like it's the market that is driving the price increase ... not sure how the Liberals come into it ...
I agree you can't throw it on their laps and no I don't support them. There is no logical reasoning behind this as all.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Ken7 wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 5:45 pm
spooker wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 4:48 pm

I agree you can't throw it on their laps and no I don't support them. There is no logical reasoning behind this as all.
Exactly, the producers know that they've got us over a barrel (pun intended) and can do what they want ...
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Saviour wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 3:56 pm When did the carbon tax go up in the last couple of weeks?
Do you really believe that carbon taxes have no impact on gas prices at the pump?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 6:58 pm
Saviour wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 3:56 pm When did the carbon tax go up in the last couple of weeks?
Do you really believe that carbon taxes have no impact on gas prices at the pump?
No what they are saying is that's not the reason for the recent price increases!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Bsuds wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 7:13 pm No what they are saying is that's not the reason for the recent price increases!
There are market factors, and then there are taxes. They all add up. The former, we have no or very little control over, whereas the latter is totally of our government's own making.
spooker

Post by spooker »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 7:22 pm
Bsuds wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 7:13 pm No what they are saying is that's not the reason for the recent price increases!
There are market factors, and then there are taxes. They all add up. The former, we have no or very little control over, whereas the latter is totally of our government's own making.
As usual, deflecting actual discussion around the point of recent increases ... while carbon taxes are part of the price of gasoline they are not the reason for recent price increases
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 28th, 2023, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Central Okanagan”