Nuclear War

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Nuclear War

Post by Drip_Torch »

ekir8 wrote: May 25th, 2022, 9:09 am
Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 6:20 am If I were a betting man, I'd say if it is going to happen (Really don't think it will) it will go down between 4:00 am and 1:00 pm (our time) tomorrow. Again, don't think it's going to happen, but the biggest bang for the buck would be during those hours.
Should we lie down or put a paper bag over our heads or something?
Well hey, if you're looking for a suggestion from me, how about look at a calendar?

:130:
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
ekir8
Board Meister

Post by ekir8 »

Drip_Torch wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:52 pm

Well hey, if you're looking for a suggestion from me, how about look at a calendar?

You wrote that March 24th! Not May! Well I'll be a sonuvabitch, we made it!
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

ekir8 wrote: May 25th, 2022, 1:21 pm
Drip_Torch wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:52 pm

You wrote that March 24th! Not May! Well I'll be a sonuvabitch, we made it!
:smt045 :130:

Yep, and my bet, for what it's worth, is we'll continue to make it.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Drip_Torch wrote: Mar 24th, 2022, 6:20 am If I were a betting man, I'd say if it is going to happen (Really don't think it will) it will go down between 4:00 am and 1:00 pm (our time) tomorrow. Again, don't think it's going to happen, but the biggest bang for the buck would be during those hours.
If it comes right down to it, you'll be happy to know you can pick up a cold war era nuclear bomb shelter from walmart at a fairly decent price...

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Open-Front ... 524B33DE81

Just saying...

Spiff
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Spiff »

Speaking of the NFB . . .. [icon_lol2.gif]

Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

oldtrucker wrote: Nov 27th, 2022, 9:52 am https://youtu.be/dl4yW_X5xsk

Good ole national film board of Canada...no political correctness, no diaper changes for liberals... Cold, with the heart of a insect direct.
As much as I love NFB videos (and I really do - curse you spiff, now I have to grab another cup of coffee and watch another one) this particular film doesn't seem very realistic to me. For example, at the four-minute mark, the suggestion is it would take the surviving doctors up to a week to see all the injured for just 10 minutes.

You really expect me to believe Danielle Smith would be funding individual health accounts if she knew all of Alberta's healthcare problems could be solved with just a few nuclear bombs?

Seems like a stretch to me.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

It's still a great doc though and I'm glad I took the time to watch it. Thanks.

Not exactly a ray of sunshine on a dark Sunday morning, but very thought provoking and a somewhat enjoyable trip down memory lane.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Tyrell Johnson's, The Wolves of Winter is a post-apocalyptic novel envisioning how life really goes after all the supply chains are destroyed. How people survive in the wilderness of the Yukon based on what they salvaged from their normal lives, just a few short years ago. Fun reading.

He's going to be doing book signing at the Library on February 6th if you want to share ideas on how chaos goes.

https://therealbookspy.com/2018/02/18/t ... l-johnson/
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

It appears nothing is improving - yet.

If WW3 Breaks Out, Tanks Or Fighter Jets Won't Matter

"Firstly, defending Ukraine, which nobody needs in Europe, will not save the senile Old World from retribution if anything occurs. Secondly, once the Third World War breaks out, unfortunately it will not be on tanks or even on fighter jets. Then everything will definitely be turned to dust," Medvedev wrote on Telegram Saturday.

Kremlin officials have of late made the point that the US M1 Abrams as well as German Leopard tanks will make little difference on the battlefield, other than to ensure rapid escalation between NATO and Russia.

Medvedev was also specifically responding to remarks out of Italy's defense chief, as Russian state media writes:

In this post, Medvedev commented, in particular, on Italian Defense Minister Guido Crosetto’s remarks that the Third World War would erupt if Russian tanks reached Kiev and "the borders of Europe", and that the weapons sent to Ukraine were meant to stop the escalation. Medvedev equated his remarks to the calls from the United Kingdom to provide Kiev with all the weapons NATO has.

Medvedev's reference to everything being "turned to dust" was without doubt reference to potential nuclear exchange as a result of runaway escalation. The former president and close Putin confidant has repeatedly warned of things going nuclear in Ukraine if the West keeps pumping heavier arms to the Ukrainians, and if Moscow loses the war.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... er-kremlin

"Putin has every appearance of a man pushed to his limits… the Russians have not ruled out a first strike if they feel faced with an existential threat and anyone thinking Putin is bluffing is making a grave mistake"

--

RAND corp said to avoid a "protracted" war. A nuclear war would be over in less than an hour.

-

WHO Suddenly Updates Medicines List For Nuclear Emergencies

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/who-s ... mergencies

:135:
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Ummmm... how many bombs did the US have prior to 1949, how were they delivered, and what was the balance of conventional forces in Europe? Think about it...
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

Sorry... so 2 nukes (thats what they had left) delivered by B29... that may or may not have exploded... by planes which may or may not have made it.... would have "taken Russia out" along with their entire huge conventional army?
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 1:11 pm No it wouldn't especially with low yields of the time.But the US totally outgunned the soviets throughout the early 50s and a nuclear conflict would have been very winnable. B36's based in UK and / or alaska could have easily reached deep into soviet territory. How many would have to be dropped to force a surrender? At that time when ussr would be lucky to get just 1 delivered, probably not many. 5?,10?
Ike thought it was a good idea.
Re: "How many would have to be dropped to force a surrender?"

Not splitting hairs or arguing with you, but can't help but to pause, think, reflect.
Just like a game, there is a winner and a loser.
So why must it get to the point where years of building, raising, improving et al have to be damaged or destroyed in order to 'make' a winner?
It's just so wasteful and backwards. Worst of all, we pay for it, in so many ways, and I can't stress that enough.

Look at any sport, my favorites being MMA and BKF.
They are highly trained and brutal upon one another, but know where and when to stop the aggression.
If not, the well trained and certified ref will step in.
And dollars to donuts, that isn't the U.N. as they are useless collaborators behind the scene.

So in full display, we have out of control psychopaths (running the world) who are willing to risk everything and everyone for their gain and pride.
Is that not crazy, because I really think it is.

Maybe we would should be mandating tests for psychopathy - before anyone is seated into such positions.
We'd all be better off, safer, richer, ... no?

When there is a will, there is a way.
NO is a powerful word.
United we stand, divided we fall. :up:

Sadly, this will go nowhere.
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 2:05 pm ^^^
And that is exactly what Eisenhower meant by
" beware of the military industrial complex" He knew the lies and pain that would come from the power hungry and greed. He was right.
:up: :130:

---

Eisenhower Farewell Address - Military Industrial Complex

--

This one is: 'Speech Origins and Significance'

Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 9:11 am ^^^^
NATO has to use this opportunity to bring Russia down for good. If they didn't, all those trillions spent on defense from 1949 to present will be for nothing. All those deaths be it Vietnam or Korean proxy wars or arming the afghans when the soviet union invaded... ya this is it.
This is exactly why Russia invaded Ukraine. NATO is an empire expansionist force.

Russia will not let NATO take Ukraine.

US keeps saying "Ukraine will be part of NATO" and it's just like Russia saying "Mexico will be part of Russia".
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

I still don't get it, so the military industrial complex kyboshed a nuclear attack on Russia so they could increase profits over the Cold War period? Seems fantastical... 1 follow up question... are transdimensional lizard people involved, yes or no?

Return to “World”