The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

A potpourri of off-topics.
seewood
Guru

Re: The Castanet Gab-O-Rama

Post by seewood »

^^^ I've had a few " wrestling days" in Williams Lake, never on the second though. :biggrin:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Here rent a closet for $850 per/month.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/405391 ... an-bedroom
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh that is wild
Like in the movie The Jerk when he moved into the washroom at the gas station
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjjeoboyyTM
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Watch this to see a deer gone completely nuts. I’m amazed he lived through this

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#405524
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

*argh*

Last night we found a leak in a pipe, before it got to the "burst" point. (Heard dripping where no dripping should be heard).
Got it shut off before disaster, so yay.

Everything is pulled apart.
Husband went to 5 stores to get parts for it.

As he is fixing, a pipe breaks off in his hand - so more corrosion. Yay, we found it before it gave way.

No water, can't use bathrooms (or do laundry wash dishes, get a drink etc) so I pop out to use facilities at a nearby fast food place (I bought a coffee because it's polite) but as I'm getting ready to leave the house, my lace breaks and I break a nail at the same time. So, I head out of the house muttering and forgot my keys, no big - husband is still home, right? Nope - went out for more parts. Stood at the locked front door, tempted to bash my head on it.

Then I remembered I had used the patio door and hadn't locked it again, and it was still open so I didn't need to phone my daughter and wake her up to let me in. So, yay for that.

I work from home. Been trying to work on things in between "help me with" and "I need" and "go get".

We're hopeful he'll be done soon, but when he's done we will have a grand mess to clean up.

I'm about done with today, really. =_=
I haven't failed until I quit.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Song for lady tehma...

The first line of the song: "broken lines, broken strings... " LOL!

PS. I hope your weekend makes up for today, lady tehma!

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 1:23 pm Song for lady tehma...

The first line of the song: "broken lines, broken strings... " LOL!

PS. I hope your weekend makes up for today, lady tehma!

Thanks Glacier,
I hope so too!

I'm happy I have water again :yahoo:
Old Sailor
Board Meister

Post by Old Sailor »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 12:56 pm *argh*
Stood at the locked front door, tempted to bash my head on it.
That's one reason I have a push button lock on one door.

I can also open my garage door with my phone. (Smart garage door opener)

I hope your day has improved and hubby fixed the water issue.
Hello Darkness my old friend...I stood up too fast again!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Old Sailor wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 4:38 pm
Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 27th, 2023, 12:56 pm *argh*
Stood at the locked front door, tempted to bash my head on it.
That's one reason I have a push button lock on one door.

I can also open my garage door with my phone. (Smart garage door opener)

I hope your day has improved and hubby fixed the water issue.
Water issue fixed! Now apparently the thermostat on the car broke. :admin: Got a replacement, my handy hubby will be fixing that, next :heart:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Lady tehMa wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 8:55 am
Water issue fixed! Now apparently the thermostat on the car broke. :admin: Got a replacement, my handy hubby will be fixing that, next :heart:
See we are good for some things! :biggrin:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Bsuds wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 9:00 am
See we are good for some things! :biggrin:
Many, many things. He's good at all the things I'm not good at and I'm good at all the things he's not good at, and we respect that about each other. This year will be 32 years (married, 33 together).
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I feel like I spend every weekend fixing cars! We have 4 on the road in our household (two kids driving) so something is always broken. I replaced my broken washer fluid reservoir on the weekend because Mrs. Glacier was complaining about how dangerous it is to be driving when she can't clean the windshield. I should have told told her to just stick her head out the window when driving, but decided to say nothing and replace it instead. This involved removing the bumper and such.

Then I tried to do the same to my son's car. But the replacement I have needs a plug because it has an extra hole so had to just tape his existing one up and put it back in. At least his hole is at the top and not the bottom like the other vehicle.

I couldn't start my diesel Jetta this morning because it was too cold (probably needs new glow plugs) so had to take the van to work. Good thing Mrs. Glacier doesn't have to go anywhere. My daughter's car has a dead battery so will have to deal with that when I get home.

I'm not complaining. I like fixing things. Would rather be fixing my car while listing to podcasts than sitting in the house watching something stupid on the TV.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Glacier wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 10:02 am
I feel like I spend every weekend fixing cars! We have 4 on the road in our household (two kids driving) so something is always broken. I replaced my broken washer fluid reservoir on the weekend because Mrs. Glacier was complaining about how dangerous it is to be driving when she can't clean the windshield. I should have told told her to just stick her head out the window when driving, but decided to say nothing and replace it instead. This involved removing the bumper and such.

Then I tried to do the same to my son's car. But the replacement I have needs a plug because it has an extra hole so had to just tape his existing one up and put it back in. At least his hole is at the top and not the bottom like the other vehicle.

I couldn't start my diesel Jetta this morning because it was too cold (probably needs new glow plugs) so had to take the van to work. Good thing Mrs. Glacier doesn't have to go anywhere. My daughter's car has a dead battery so will have to deal with that when I get home.

I'm not complaining. I like fixing things. Would rather be fixing my car while listing to podcasts than sitting in the house watching something stupid on the TV.
Mrs Glacier is probably very happy to have a handy hubby too, especially one wise enough NOT to tell her to "just stick her head out the window" :laugh:

I can't believe your littles are driving now! Let me get my cane . . .
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 6:49 pm WEM roller coaster...the mindbender is being retired and dismantled.
1986 new years eve. Harlequin was playing I think. Maybe it was platinum blonde. Can't remember but I was there that night in the pacific fish company restaurant on bourbon st. when it derailed. I had a salted ceasar and crab stuffed mushroom caps.Weird how details like that are remembered when a chaotic event happens.
Seems you’re munching on mushrooms now, OT, yes?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

First time I visited the West Edmonton Mall was in the mid-90s with some friends. I chickened out for the roller coaster. But I didn't when I visited with my kids a few years back.
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Grab Bag”