Nice weather

Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Nice weather

Post by Lady tehMa »

I was very surprised to see snow last night (and this morning). I was chatting with my friend and she pointed out that we're still in January . . . yeah, I guess it is normal.

For some reason though, my brain was in spring mode.

It sure is nice to see the sunlight, this morning!
I haven't failed until I quit.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

seewood wrote: Jan 22nd, 2023, 8:04 am Someone must have washed their car ...
Going to stay cold for a bit I believe.
Sorry, it was me. :138: :132:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Dedicated to Glacier
2DC4F6F3-7A08-4A4D-BFC1-E08A9A959816.jpeg
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Supposed to get colder over the next little bit

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... to-plummet
It’s about to get a lot colder across the Southern Interior, and most of BC.

Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement, warning of a frigid weather system set to move into the province in the next few days.

“Arctic air will invade B.C. beginning late Friday, with a major shift in temperature from our mild January. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees colder than normal for this time of year in the central and southern interior of B.C.,” says Environment Canada.

As the cold front arrives it will be accompanied by gusty winds, which will make it feel even colder.

Daytime highs will slip below zero starting Saturday. Overnight lows are expected to fall below -10 for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

While it will be cold, we should see a lot more sunshine than we have in recent weeks. mainly sunny conditions are forecast into early next week.

Temperatures should start gradually rising again late next week.

However, there remains significant uncertainty on the timing of a return to seasonal temperatures,” notes Environment Canada.

The special weather statement about arctic air covers most of the province. The only areas not included are the far north, including the Peace Region.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's really nice that this morning is a full 6 degrees WARMER than yesterday! Yesterday BC was down to -35. This morning the coldest spot is a mere -29!
Jan29.png
jan30.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Just when you thought spring was around the corner
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"nice weather" from the past...
CENTRALOK.png
NOEXTREMELOWS.png
PENTICTONXTEMPS.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Snow again, eh?

At least it is (currently) a nice easily-moved bit of powder.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

How many cm? Snowed here literally all day. Had to be like 10cm. Roads were icy and accidents everywhere. Had to meet the definition of a "snowfall warning" but nope. Nothing from EC.
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Not a lot at all, maybe 2-3 cm?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

A little fluvage.
Mike (likely) said it would be like this.

:D
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Just on Vanc Island Cambell River with the RV. Imagine my surprise at the lumpy rain all day Tues and tues nite!!! Had minus 7 the other nite and froze up the waterhose!! :-X Then Wed nite the furnace quit working :-X Struggles we are having!! Plus 6 today no rain. Yet!!!
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Noisy Boater wrote: Feb 2nd, 2023, 10:27 am Just on Vanc Island Cambell River with the RV. Imagine my surprise at the lumpy rain all day Tues and tues nite!!! Had minus 7 the other nite and froze up the waterhose!! :-X Then Wed nite the furnace quit working :-X Struggles we are having!! Plus 6 today no rain. Yet!!!
I thought you were in tequila country?
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Feb 3rd, 2023, 7:15 pm
Noisy Boater wrote: Feb 2nd, 2023, 10:27 am Just on Vanc Island Cambell River with the RV. Imagine my surprise at the lumpy rain all day Tues and tues nite!!! Had minus 7 the other nite and froze up the waterhose!! :-X Then Wed nite the furnace quit working :-X Struggles we are having!! Plus 6 today no rain. Yet!!!
I thought you were in tequila country?
Ya we were but came home first week of Jan!! Missed all the snow and cold and thought we would see if we can make it a month in the RV without seeing a divorce lawyer!!! [icon_lol2.gif]
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A bit chilly in the USA today! -109F windchill at Mt Washington in New Hampshire
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”