NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: NHL

Post by The Green Barbarian »

RIP Bobby Hull
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
YzzzR1
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by YzzzR1 »

So, who designed and approved those scary, mean looking All Star uni's? The alphabet crowd? That has to be the worst colour scheme the NHL (or any professional sports league) has ever seen. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] Too funny.
You Can Tune A Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish. REO SpdWgn
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jan 30th, 2023, 4:35 pm RIP Bobby Hull
This is a really good tribute video I saw the other day.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Sharks goalie James Reimer stands his ground. Won't wear a pride themed jersey during warm-up.
Good for you James. Don't give in to the woke pressure.
Some of the comments on Twitter are pretty disgusting, basically "you'll follow our beliefs or you're canceled.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sa ... -1.6783722
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 3:19 pm Sharks goalie James Reimer stands his ground. Won't wear a pride themed jersey during warm-up.
Some of the comments on Twitter are pretty disgusting, basically "you'll follow our beliefs or you're canceled.

Each player in the league has a choice, of course those who make a personal decision. Will probably face negative comments &/or press on their choices.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't.

You will never please everyone.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 3:35 pm Pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yep.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if many more players would do what Reimer did... wasn’t willing to have to deal with the press.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 3:42 pm
Bsuds wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 3:35 pm Pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yep.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if many more players would do what Reimer did... wasn’t willing to have to deal with the press.
agree 100% as they should
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Babba_not_Gump wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 3:19 pm Sharks goalie James Reimer stands his ground. Won't wear a pride themed jersey during warm-up.

That's the only way he will get press time - he is one of the better "average" goalies in the league. And is irrelevant.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 7:42 pm

That's the only way he will get press time - he is one of the better "average" goalies in the league. And is irrelevant.
He's made over $31 million playing hockey.

How's your record on that?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 10:26 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Mar 19th, 2023, 7:42 pm

He's made over $31 million playing hockey.

How's your record on that?
Everyone knows he was over paid......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ $33,140,000, Reimers best showing was prior to the concussion in Toronto.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

GordonH wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 7:12 pm ^^^ $33,140,000, Reimers best showing was prior to the concussion in Toronto.
Just another bad contract average player too expensive to buy out. No one cares. The fans don't buy his jerseys anyways. Rainbow or otherwise.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 8:00 pm
GordonH wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 7:12 pm ^^^ $33,140,000, Reimers best showing was prior to the concussion in Toronto.
Just another bad contract average player too expensive to buy out. No one cares. The fans don't buy his jerseys anyways. Rainbow or otherwise.
Never really know if a goalie draft pick will be top 10 or not.
I remember back at 1990 NHL Draft, Calgary & New Jersey made a draft pick trade.

Calgary moved up to #11 and New Jersey move down to #20, here is the kicker.
Calgary picked Trevor Kidd, meanwhile New Jersey picked Martin Brodeur. Kidd never amounted to anything, much different story for Brodeur.
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

GordonH wrote: Mar 20th, 2023, 8:16 pmNever really know if a goalie draft pick will be top 10 or not.
I remember back at 1990 NHL Draft, Calgary & New Jersey made a draft pick trade.

Calgary moved up to #11 and New Jersey move down to #20, here is the kicker.
Calgary picked Trevor Kidd, meanwhile New Jersey picked Martin Brodeur. Kidd never amounted to anything, much different story for Brodeur.
True. Or you could draft like Detroit did and get zetterberg 210 - or Datsuk 171

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”