Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Post by Ken7 »

The_quiet_one wrote: Nov 15th, 2022, 3:54 pm Ya well, I know an incredibly slimy lawyer who causes unnecessary rift and pain and suffering. It’s almost like a personal vendetta.
Then again, the P O S was charged with spousal abuse himself and was found guilty, so what do you expect. Can’t stand lawyers. Slimy as hell or right.
You didn't tell the guy he was a bottom feeder??? I did just before the Judge entered the courtroom. Oh was he angry at me we stood nose to nose and I stared the little poker right down! LOL
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Ken7 wrote: Nov 15th, 2022, 6:25 pm
The_quiet_one wrote: Nov 15th, 2022, 3:54 pm Ya well, I know an incredibly slimy lawyer who causes unnecessary rift and pain and suffering. It’s almost like a personal vendetta.
Then again, the P O S was charged with spousal abuse himself and was found guilty, so what do you expect. Can’t stand lawyers. Slimy as hell or right.
You didn't tell the guy he was a bottom feeder??? I did just before the Judge entered the courtroom. Oh was he angry at me we stood nose to nose and I stared the little poker right down! LOL
I had it with his lawyer during a 5 day trial … yes 5 whole days, and the judge actually told us both that’s enough. I gave him nothing to go on. I told him that him and my ex were called dumb and dumber in my eyes. Every time he lied, I showed the judge proof that he lied. He was in trouble by the judge. After the trial which … I defended myself as I had no lawyer and just wanted what I was entitled to, half of everything and his lawyer told me thank his I never have to see you or him ever again.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

24% of personal bankruptcies in US are related to divorces. (A financial nightmare for many children)
Interestingly in the US around 6% of American couples marry, divorce, and then end up re-marrying each other again. (A dream come true for some lucky children).
Hopefully the divorce trend continues to reverse downward, from 50% in 1980’s, to 39% in the 2020’s (US). (More fortunate children)
Some divorces are very necessary, but many are lifestyle choices. When there are children, it’s not about you anymore.
Attachments
It seems many smart millennials have learned from the mistakes of their dumb narcissistic parent(s).
It seems many smart millennials have learned from the mistakes of their dumb narcissistic parent(s).
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

First I’ve heard of it, but I recently met someone who is married to a lawyer who represents children in divorces. So now three lawyers involved, but at least now the children of divorce are getting a voice in these matters, to see that their lives and futures are considered.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

nepal wrote: Feb 9th, 2023, 10:52 pm .
First I’ve heard of it, but I recently met someone who is married to a lawyer who represents children in divorces. So now three lawyers involved, but at least now the children of divorce are getting a voice in these matters, to see that their lives and futures are considered.
I think this is pathetic. You would think a lawyer, would pull people in and say, look out for the children. Instead, no let's use them as pawns, the two supposedly adults will fight tooth and nail and I can bill my usual fees and I win!

It will likely only become more of a issue as they can't run behind ambulances now.
Last edited by Ken7 on Feb 10th, 2023, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

alanjh595 wrote: Nov 14th, 2022, 1:51 pm You are either going to have to pay the lawyer or the ex. It's a delicate balance to see which one is cheaper.
So what you're saying it is sometime cheaper to keep her!!

I say pick your battles as a lawyer on the other side of the table, was arguing over $500.00 when I was going through the process. I looked him in the eyes and said, my lawyer it $200.00 a hour, you likely are $200.00 a hour could you tell her she is spending money foolishly.

A bad divorce the only ones who win, is the lawyer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Do you know WHY divorce is so expensive?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

alanjh595 wrote: Feb 10th, 2023, 10:24 am Do you know WHY divorce is so expensive?
Because it is worth it!!

Truth is people get greedy and then the lawyer makes out very well!!
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

I know a fellow who simply agreed on amount, then exchanged a cheque, for a signed Quitclaim. Done, no lawyer, the end. No drama, efficient, civilized.

Research and make sure it’s done correctly.
Last edited by nepal on Dec 10th, 2023, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Somebody is going to need a good divorce lawyer... https://twitter.com/liberalnotlefty/sta ... a2foTi_p-A
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

nepal wrote: Feb 10th, 2023, 2:43 pm I know a fellow who simply agreed on amount, then exchanged a cheque, for a signed Quitclaim. Done, no lawyer, the end. No drama, efficient, civilized.
He was a lucky fellow!!
The_quiet_one
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by The_quiet_one »

Ken7 wrote: Feb 10th, 2023, 2:01 pm
alanjh595 wrote: Feb 10th, 2023, 10:24 am Do you know WHY divorce is so expensive?
Because it is worth it!!

Truth is people get greedy and then the lawyer makes out very well!!
This is absolutely true. Sad. And true.
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

If you want a divorce, and have children, first take a few minutes and read this recent article. It might be worth considering alternative solutions. If children aren’t involved, then bypass this post.

https://legaljobs.io/blog/children-of-d ... tatistics/
Attachments
IMG_9482.jpeg
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

People who are bad parents get divorced. It's not necessarily the divorce itself that causes the harm to children.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

As long as all parties involved agree, any agreement made is valid. No need to follow the law or anything else as long as they all agree.
I think this is a point that most involved don't know or understand.....
If you leave it up to a judge, well then that's gonna hafta follow the law. & at that point, only the lawyers win.
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...

Return to “Referrals”