Chang: China Is Preparing To Go To War

Drip_Torch
Guru

Re: Chang: China Is Preparing To Go To War

Post by Drip_Torch »

Now for something completely different.

China is getting ready to shoot down a balloon flying over the coastal city of Rizhoa. Like I said yesterday, this isn't China anymore, and that's probably why there aren't many details being released. The 250 mb Jetstream models would suggest it's coming from North east of China, however, interestingly enough, if the balloon China is dealing with is lower than about 15,000 ft, it could be coming from the northern part of the Korean peninsula. *hint*
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

countmeout wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 10:14 am
nucksRnum1 wrote: Feb 11th, 2023, 5:50 pm I can't wait for ww3. Burn it all down. North America will be pockmarked and destroyed for a change and feel the pain that we have been lucky to watch on the news for generations.
Really? You want the place you live to be blown up? Innocent lives of your neighbors and family lost. You're hoping for it? You're a disgusting human.
I really truly do. For a few centuries now the west has made sure that there is a "do as I say - not as I do mentality". For a couple of centuries, the west has treated the environment terribly. Including testing/using nuclear weapons to create fallout. Now that there are very few 3rd world countries anymore catching up to progress and polluting - we preach at them. Freedom is freedom. What they do in their own countries should be up to them. If they have nukes - so do we - freedom is freedom. If we in the west feel entitled to protect our national, economic and geopolitical interests - freedom is freedom. Other countries can do the same. If we in the west feel entitled to walk into a country and start a war for 20 years with a side order of "Iraq" while we are at it - then other countries should be able to do the same. Freedom is freedom. If we in the west feel that we are entitled to annex Guantanamo - then other countries should be able to annex Crimea if they wish. Freedom is freedom.

We in the west have virtue signalled so much - that other sovereign superpowers simply ignore us. They are doing what they feel is necessary for their own interests. After almost 40 years of progress and tech being able to be hoarded by the west - other powers are catching up and surging ahead. Now a joe-schmo with a supercomputer and a 3d printer can print guns and parts. Or some guy in a dark room can shape the outcome of our elections. The control is gone. It's ironic that the malfeasance we have done around the world is finally returning to us. There was a time when it was the west that propped up a leader in a country far away. Now it's an open game.

The west has eroded truth to such an extent that we watch lies accepted on a daily basis in media. The erosion is so significant - that after decades we have succeeded in eroding currency from a commodity such as gold - into an imaginary bitcoin in the interweb that is farmed electronically. The west has entrenched further and further into castes of haves and have-nots. With the middle of the 2 idolizing and defending oligarchs and billionaires. Actually supporting the direction of the very few in our so-called democracy.

Most recently those of us in the west have ignored the well-being of our neighbours refusing a couple of shots. As such the virtue signalling about neighbours well being is a moot point. The only way that there will be any actual change is for the west to feel the pain and suffering it has caused across the globe for centuries. To be on the receiving end of consequences for a change. Destabilize the status quo and the entrenched ways of doing business and politics. I am pretty confident that as a Canadian I will be relatively unscathed. All the nukes will fall on the United States and Europe. And Canada will be able to move in a do what it does best. Create a middle ground and repair what is broken. We may have to learn Chinese and Russian - but that will be the easy part. Guy Fawkes will finally be able to exact the change he wanted. It will be interesting to see.
WESTman
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by WESTman »

They found a new thing to keep the masses occupied and afraid. Y2K, this boogeyman, that boogeyman, Saddam Hussein, Muammar Gaddafi, 911, guys in caves, yet another boogeyman, aids, swine flu, this virus that virus. China, Russia. Now its balloons and UFO’s that the government swore didn’t exist for the last 60 years that keeps the masses occupied and afraid. And we keep falling for it. Incredible! Just incredible.
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".
~C. S. Lewis
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm pretty confident as a Canadian you will be hit so hard in the supply line issue that you will regret claiming you will be "unscathed."

Where do you get your stuff, food, clothing, electronics, entertainment (other than us) and so forth? You would be reduced to a peasant status, only the peasants of the medieval age didn't have anything you have and didn't miss anything. You, meaning all of us, do and would.

Anyone wanting this way of life to all burn down needs to be packing and moving to a third World country right now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Queen K wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 3:42 pm I'm pretty confident as a Canadian you will be hit so hard in the supply line issue that you will regret claiming you will be "unscathed."

Where do you get your stuff, food, clothing, electronics, entertainment (other than us) and so forth? You would be reduced to a peasant status, only the peasants of the medieval age didn't have anything you have and didn't miss anything. You, meaning all of us, do and would.

Anyone wanting this way of life to all burn down needs to be packing and moving to a third World country right now.
In an instant - we will ALL be peasants. Which is great. There will be opportunities for many to rise above and have the freedom to do so without resistance from the entitled we have now. Being a landlord will suddenly lose its luster. Because all the homes will have mortgages and be lost in the current game. I say Vive la reset! Think about it - in an instant we will all be free of usury and living on credit.
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 3:34 pm
countmeout wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 10:14 am

Really? You want the place you live to be blown up? Innocent lives of your neighbors and family lost. You're hoping for it? You're a disgusting human.
I really truly do. For a few centuries now the west has made sure that there is a "do as I say - not as I do mentality". For a couple of centuries, the west has treated the environment terribly. Including testing/using nuclear weapons to create fallout. Now that there are very few 3rd world countries anymore catching up to progress and polluting - we preach at them. Freedom is freedom. What they do in their own countries should be up to them. If they have nukes - so do we - freedom is freedom. If we in the west feel entitled to protect our national, economic and geopolitical interests - freedom is freedom. Other countries can do the same. If we in the west feel entitled to walk into a country and start a war for 20 years with a side order of "Iraq" while we are at it - then other countries should be able to do the same. Freedom is freedom. If we in the west feel that we are entitled to annex Guantanamo - then other countries should be able to annex Crimea if they wish. Freedom is freedom.

We in the west have virtue signalled so much - that other sovereign superpowers simply ignore us. They are doing what they feel is necessary for their own interests. After almost 40 years of progress and tech being able to be hoarded by the west - other powers are catching up and surging ahead. Now a joe-schmo with a supercomputer and a 3d printer can print guns and parts. Or some guy in a dark room can shape the outcome of our elections. The control is gone. It's ironic that the malfeasance we have done around the world is finally returning to us. There was a time when it was the west that propped up a leader in a country far away. Now it's an open game.

The west has eroded truth to such an extent that we watch lies accepted on a daily basis in media. The erosion is so significant - that after decades we have succeeded in eroding currency from a commodity such as gold - into an imaginary bitcoin in the interweb that is farmed electronically. The west has entrenched further and further into castes of haves and have-nots. With the middle of the 2 idolizing and defending oligarchs and billionaires. Actually supporting the direction of the very few in our so-called democracy.

Most recently those of us in the west have ignored the well-being of our neighbours refusing a couple of shots. As such the virtue signalling about neighbours well being is a moot point. The only way that there will be any actual change is for the west to feel the pain and suffering it has caused across the globe for centuries. To be on the receiving end of consequences for a change. Destabilize the status quo and the entrenched ways of doing business and politics. I am pretty confident that as a Canadian I will be relatively unscathed. All the nukes will fall on the United States and Europe. And Canada will be able to move in a do what it does best. Create a middle ground and repair what is broken. We may have to learn Chinese and Russian - but that will be the easy part. Guy Fawkes will finally be able to exact the change he wanted. It will be interesting to see.
LOL, There is a reason why millions of people from other countries do everything possible to come to America annually. Might I suggest you spend a year in North Korea, Communist China, or any third world country of your choosing. That will help you to realize that even with all our BS, its still a preferred place to live. You're quite ill informed if you believe only the west has a monopoly on bad politics, corruption and erosion of the media. It seems someone has brainwashed you into believing America is the worse continent on earth and responsible for all the worlds ills.
I also find humor in your thinking that Canada would be unscathed should another world war occur.
Its funny how many people come on these boards and spew such ignorance.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^^^

Totally correct.

Someone needs to spend the rest of their life in N. Korea to really appreciate what “here” is all about.

The enemies of democracy/capitalism are the worst, especially when they live in the comforts provided by our system

They think if we were attacked there would be equality where someone could rise above it all. But they haven’t been able to do so in the comparative freedom they live with now.

What makes them think that after a disaster they’d suddenly become successful and valued then?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

Interesting. Listening to boomers preach about the horrors of their cold war enemies. About horrors they no nothing about personally. They simply rest in their hypocrisy of "doing as I say and not what I did." A generation that hasn't won 1 war in their lifetime. They just rest on the shoulders of their parents and grandparents victories. The soft lazy generation that made sure that everything they were handed has become worthless. Money - dreams - upward mobility - wages - pensions - democracy and everything that they were given by their fathers.

And then - they have the nerve to call their grandkids and everyone else how soft they are. Old angry white men that are so fragile - that they encouraged a riot or fringe protests. Or are too selfish to support the social safety nets that their fathers were benevolent enough to create for the least of these. Selfish enough to make sure their jealousy ruined labour solidarity and unions for a generation under Reagan and Thatcher. They whine about this today because unions are making a comeback. Whining because they are being taxed by the very system that they created making democracy a fantasy.

No one cares about people who preach about the "just because I say so" BS they spew. These people have accomplished nothing. They didn't trudge through mud and mustard gasses or machine guns. They didn't fly in planes over Europe in on what were essentially suicide missions like my Grand Dad. They were so soft that they created a "cold war" because they were too busy making economies and banks and markets that became a huge Ponzi scheme. The final proof of this was the support and adoration of their peer in America Trump. Mr "bone spur" "soft" himself to dodge a war.

You geriatrics can preach all you want - no one is listening. Now it's up to the greatest generation ever - gen x - to clean up the mess and do so knowing we won't be fortunate enough to have a pension because soft boomers will bankrupt them all. Lucky us. A generation who had to fight a 20-year war and lose. Broken mentally and physically coming home and begging for veteran affairs help. Which conservative Reaganite boomers continually underfund. There needs to be a reset. And I hope it all burns down. So that we can all be in the :cuss: hole together. Enough is enough.
countmeout
Übergod

Post by countmeout »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 3:34 pm
countmeout wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 10:14 am Really? You want the place you live to be blown up? Innocent lives of your neighbors and family lost. You're hoping for it? You're a disgusting human.
I really truly do. .
Blocked.
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 7:54 pm Interesting. Listening to boomers preach about the horrors of their cold war enemies. About horrors they no nothing about personally. They simply rest in their hypocrisy of "doing as I say and not what I did." A generation that hasn't won 1 war in their lifetime. They just rest on the shoulders of their parents and grandparents victories. The soft lazy generation that made sure that everything they were handed has become worthless. Money - dreams - upward mobility - wages - pensions - democracy and everything that they were given by their fathers.

And then - they have the nerve to call their grandkids and everyone else how soft they are. Old angry white men that are so fragile - that they encouraged a riot or fringe protests. Or are too selfish to support the social safety nets that their fathers were benevolent enough to create for the least of these. Selfish enough to make sure their jealousy ruined labour solidarity and unions for a generation under Reagan and Thatcher. They whine about this today because unions are making a comeback. Whining because they are being taxed by the very system that they created making democracy a fantasy.

No one cares about people who preach about the "just because I say so" BS they spew. These people have accomplished nothing. They didn't trudge through mud and mustard gasses or machine guns. They didn't fly in planes over Europe in on what were essentially suicide missions like my Grand Dad. They were so soft that they created a "cold war" because they were too busy making economies and banks and markets that became a huge Ponzi scheme. The final proof of this was the support and adoration of their peer in America Trump. Mr "bone spur" "soft" himself to dodge a war.

You geriatrics can preach all you want - no one is listening. Now it's up to the greatest generation ever - gen x - to clean up the mess and do so knowing we won't be fortunate enough to have a pension because soft boomers will bankrupt them all. Lucky us. A generation who had to fight a 20-year war and lose. Broken mentally and physically coming home and begging for veteran affairs help. Which conservative Reaganite boomers continually underfund. There needs to be a reset. And I hope it all burns down. So that we can all be in the :cuss: hole together. Enough is enough.
Gen X, the greatest generation ever? LOL. You mean the ones who believe, and have taught their children that safe spaces are necessary, the ones who tells us words hurt, the ones who need to be identified by chosen pronouns, the ones who think there are more then 2 genders, the ones who believe a world war won't effect them. Oh yeah, the generation X will save us. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

65deluxe wrote: Feb 13th, 2023, 8:09 amYou geriatrics can preach all you want - no one is listening. Now it's up to the greatest generation ever - gen x - to clean up th

Gen X, the greatest generation ever? LOL. You mean the ones who believe, and have taught their children that safe spaces are necessary, the ones who tells us words hurt, the ones who need to be identified by chosen pronouns, the ones who think there are more then 2 genders, the ones who believe a world war won't effect them. Oh yeah, the generation X will save us. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
People see the Chinese as aggressors yet they were persecuted by the rest of the world well before that.
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

motokelowna1 wrote: Feb 13th, 2023, 8:50 am
65deluxe wrote: Feb 13th, 2023, 8:09 amYou geriatrics can preach all you want - no one is listening. Now it's up to the greatest generation ever - gen x - to clean up th

People see the Chinese as aggressors yet they were persecuted by the rest of the world well before that.
HEY! Quit messing up the narrative with your 'facts' and 'nuance', all we plebs need to know is "China bad" mmmkkay.

That does remind me though, whatever happened to that Taibet place? Teebit? Something... yoy know, several dozen media orchestrated outrages ago?
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

65deluxe wrote: Feb 13th, 2023, 8:09 am
Gen X, the greatest generation ever? LOL. You mean the ones who believe, and have taught their children that safe spaces are necessary, the ones who tells us words hurt, the ones who need to be identified by chosen pronouns, the ones who think there are more then 2 genders, the ones who believe a world war won't effect them. Oh yeah, the generation X will save us.
*Narrator's voice* - The youngest Gen X'er is 43 years old today.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

nucksRnum1 wrote: Feb 12th, 2023, 7:54 pm
Now it's up to the greatest generation ever - gen x - to clean up the mess
[icon_lol2.gif]
Thanks for the laugh KH.

Now I'm going to burst your balloon. It's you guys who are leaving the mess.
https://www.bchydro.com/news/press_cent ... omers.html
Gen X overtake Baby Boomers as largest carbon emitters in B.C.

Now to keep this on topic, god help the west with Gen X overseeing any threat from China. I'm more concerned about you guys, you need three options on your passport, M, F, X. [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
gertlush
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by gertlush »

So that NATO guy, Jens something, gave a speech after their conference about the need for member nations to increase spending. One of the reasons given was "the challenges we see China posing to our security"

Which I think is quite revealing, after all, its a European defensive alliance. Curious how China would interpret that... first Taiwan, then Portugal?

Return to “World”