Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Enough is Enough: Merrifield needs to Go!

Post by hobbyguy »

YzzzR1 wrote: Jan 9th, 2023, 9:24 am It takes a very special kind of Woke fool to shame people that are not personally be affected by the stupidity of the 'New World Wokeness' but see how it's negatively affecting society in general.
The racist and misogynist woke pejorative usage that originated with the white supremacist in the US is a poor reflection on those who use it. Not surprised to see in used in context with the useless disastrous mess of an MLA Merrifield.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

hobbyguy wrote: Jan 9th, 2023, 3:34 pm The racist and misogynist woke pejorative usage that originated with the white supremacist in the US is a poor reflection on those who use it. Not surprised to see in used in context with the useless disastrous mess of an MLA Merrifield.
Are you talking about our PM? I can't think of another person so blatantly racist and misogynist as he is ...
nucksRnum1
Lord of the Board

Post by nucksRnum1 »

I think conservatives have only themselves to blame. For a couple of generations, they had a stranglehold on society and politics. Who treated social issues like it was their duty to choke and stifle progress and freedoms. Those who grew up under that yoke - allow freedom and tolerance. And now conservatives are in a death rattle of relevance. So much so that they are willing to cheat and lie to have power. Because they can't win the old-fashioned way. Suppress and oppress the opposition. At least the woke are living their freedom with dignity and truth.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Topic:
LittleBoy wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 4:00 pm https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/4 ... n-Peterson

When is enough, enough?
Mistake after bumbling mistake Merrifield cannot seem to keep her fingers off her phone, quoting anti-LGBTQ and misogynistic 'doctor' Jordan Peterson. This is WHILE she holds the portfolio of Liberal critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion!! She either doesn't 'get it' or she is utterly incompetent as a political leader. One day I'm reading about how her forecast for the next year is full of doom and gloom, not offering any suggestions as to how to improve the quality of life for residents of her consistency. And today she's making headlines quoting a misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ proponent. Not to mention her tone of supporting, "..a lot of trans-exclusionary activists. She retracted a Twitter-like about some laws that had changed in the U.S. that were discriminatory toward trans people."

There is something truly offensive about someone who takes a position of power and influence in public office to shine a negative light on some of our most vulnerable citizens. Renee, you should be ashamed of yourself and you really need to smarten up with your Twitter engagement. Just because you don't understand the gravity of what your quote might mean to others isn't as you called it, "...nothing more than someone trying to make something of an issue that it simply is not." It truly shows that you either don't support the LGBTQ community, or you're too dumb to understand it, my thoughts are a bit of both.

If the BC Liberals and Kevin Falcan had any integrity, they would remove Merrifield as critic for Gender Equality and Inclusion ASAP, before she can :cuss: anything up any further. She's been a slow-moving car wreck for the past 2.5 years. I ask the public, what has Merrifield done to better our community in these last 2.5 years other than negativity and controversy?
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dorf007
Fledgling

Post by dorf007 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 7:34 pm
dorf007 wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 4:21 pm I completely agree....she has to go !!
Why? Because she likes a guy that lives in the real world and not on clown planet?
The reason I say that is because she is a poor representative to her political party.
And I have heard about her in her previous work life.
I hope that clearly explains why I wrote that.

In addition I know nothing about the ""guy""
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

dorf007 wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 3:39 pm The reason I say that is because she is a poor representative to her political party.
Are you a Liberal party member? If not, buy yourself a membership, and vote for whoever MLA nominee you find fit. Ms, Merrifield looks perfectly fine to me.
dorf007
Fledgling

Post by dorf007 »

BC Landlord wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 3:50 pm
dorf007 wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 3:39 pm The reason I say that is because she is a poor representative to her political party.
Are you a Liberal party member? If not, buy yourself a membership, and vote for whoever MLA nominee you find fit. Ms, Merrifield looks perfectly fine to me.
No I do not belong to the Liberal party.
But it is my prerogative and constitutional right to voice my opinion about her, as it is yours.
Do you not see the improprieties and this is not her first negative news story ?
spooker

Post by spooker »

dorf007 wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 3:55 pm
But it is my prerogative and constitutional right to voice my opinion about her, as it is yours.
Do you not see the improprieties and this is not her first negative news story ?
Notice that which "Liberal" party alluded to wasn't mentioned ... since Merrifield is a BC Liberal party member you could read the original statement one way ... but reading the "vote for whoever" I wonder if they are trying to take a swipe at the Federal Liberals ...

And yes, one would have to wonder when the consistent coverage of an MLA does seem to be about negative reactions from the constituents ...
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

dorf007 wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 3:39 pm
oldtrucker wrote: Jan 6th, 2023, 7:34 pm

Why? Because she likes a guy that lives in the real world and not on clown planet?
The reason I say that is because she is a poor representative to her political party.
And I have heard about her in her previous work life.
I hope that clearly explains why I wrote that.

In addition I know nothing about the ""guy""
She's a poor representative, IN YOUR OPINION.
Fair enough, what that means in our democracy youll wait for the next election, then get your chance.
Until then, live with it.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i think she is a good representative and i am willing to bet most of the people who voted for her do too . i dont see her base turning on her . i just see people who never voted for her in the first place caring about this . it is pretty much a non issue
Tankur
Board Meister

Post by Tankur »

dorf007 wrote: Jan 10th, 2023, 3:55 pm
There is no constitutional rights in Canada. Free speech has been murdered.
dorf007
Fledgling

Post by dorf007 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 13th, 2023, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
andreat5

Post by andreat5 »

Just wait til u have a trans kid of your own and see how diverse and comfortable you feel then. I go to sleep every night crying and often also have a good cry in the morning. These poor confused children are being pumped full of dangerous drugs and 42% of them commit suicide before and after so called gender affirming surgery. What we should be intolerant of is poisoning our children's minds and bodies
Purity
Board Meister

Post by Purity »

Merrifield thought process is hers and hers alone as for Jordan Peterson he has over 100 published studies and a Canadian treasure on clinical psychology and others psychological responses. So the supposed (Jordan) Jung of Canada upsets the soothsayers, oh well. How to know yourself better, realize your true potential, understand your passions, overcome fears, keep your word.........
:135: :smt045
Last edited by Purity on Feb 14th, 2023, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
clank

Post by clank »

this woman should consider putting brain in gear before starting tongue he head is firmly stuck in the sand as far as a see a pure pig in the trough

Return to “Central Okanagan”