Should Russian athletes be punished for the actions of Adolph Putin?

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Should Russian athletes be punished for the actions of Adolph Putin?

Post by Thinktank »

As the war in Ukraine increases the number of billionaires much the same way the pandemic cultivated eighteen new big pharma billionaires (some of our "war tax dollars for democracy" went to real estate in Italy) we should consider banning all Russian athletes from being athletes, I think.

What do you think? It's only fair. :smt045
Ukraine’s ambassador to Australia, Vasyl Myroshnychenko, demanded this week that officials at Tennis Australia (TA) should adopt the same position as British tennis showpiece Wimbledon and prevent Russian players from competing.
NHL icon Wayne Gretzky made his opinion known Saturday night regarding consequences for Russia's invasion of Ukraine — he believes the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) should ban Russia from the rescheduled world junior men's hockey championship.
If she was still playing, I would ban her from Canada. Permanently.

:kick:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Should Russian athletes be punished for the actions of Adolph Putin?

Post by Mazdatruck »

Collective punishment is illegal.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think all Russian athletes should be banned from international competition and Russian players should be banned from playing in the NHL and junior leagues in North America. Alex Ovechkin openly supports Putin. Russia is threatening us with nuclear annihilation. Russian is waging a war of terror against Ukrainian civilians and the Russian people are going along with it. There's zero opposition to it. Even the people who fled Russia are staying silent. Meanwhile, Iranian women and girls are dying while protesting against the Iranian Regime. I would take one Iranian woman over 100 Russian men in a fight any day.

Putin is just like Stalin, Brezhnev, et al - he wants a return to the old style Soviet Union. He's made his billions of dollars and now he wants to keep the Russian population submissive and obedient.

One thing's for sure, Russia is still Russia and they can't be trusted. Gorbachev and the collapse of the Soviet Union lulled the world into a false sense of security. I hope we never make that mistake again because Russians are orks and they always will be. We shouldn't be rewarding them by allowing them to threaten us out one side of their mouth while they're earning millions of dollars a year playing hockey here.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If they love Russia and Putin so much then they should be sent back there and not allowed in any sports here at all.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dead right
Board Meister

Post by Dead right »

Mazdatruck wrote: Jan 5th, 2023, 7:38 am Collective punishment is illegal.
International humanitarian law prohibits collective punishment of prisoners of war or other protected persons for acts committed by individuals during an armed conflict.

Not quite the same thing.

Russia should be banned from all international events period, sports, arts, entertainment, on and on They need to understand that their actions will have far reaching implications. The rule should be the same for all countries that invade another without a collective agreement with the rest of the world.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bsuds wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 8:14 am If they love Russia and Putin so much then they should be sent back there and not allowed in any sports here at all.
Wasn't it Obama that actually started Ukraine war in 2014?

75% of the people on earth support - not the slaughter - but they support Putin, against Stinkin Blinken, Mama Nudleman and USA warmongers. Why is that?

It's because USA is a warmonger country that walks all over smaller countries, murdering their leaders and stealing their stuff,
and most of the world hates that. Most of the world hates USAs wars.

look how happy the warmonger is. Wasn't it Obama that actually started Ukraine war in 2014?

That freak murdered Gadafy so he could steal 130 tons of gold and a lot of oil.
Libya had the highest standard of living in Africa.

But Curry should be banned now? All American athletes banned for supporting the killers in Washington.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Thinktank wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 10:27 am
Bsuds wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 8:14 am If they love Russia and Putin so much then they should be sent back there and not allowed in any sports here at all.
Wasn't it Obama that actually started Ukraine war in 2014?

75% of the people on earth support - not the slaughter - but they support Putin, against Stinkin Blinken, Mama Nudleman and USA warmongers. Why is that?

It's because USA is a warmonger country that walks all over smaller countries, murdering their leaders and stealing their stuff,
and most of the world hates that. Most of the world hates USAs wars.

look how happy the warmonger is. Wasn't it Obama that actually started Ukraine war in 2014?

That freak murdered Gadafy so he could steal 130 tons of gold and a lot of oil.
Libya had the highest standard of living in Africa.

But Curry should be banned now? All American athletes banned for supporting the killers in Washington.

Do tell us how Obama is responsible for Russia slaughtering thousands of Ukrainian civilians and laying waste to huge swaths of the country. At the same time, maybe you can also explain how Russian butchery in Chechnya and Georgia was also the fault of the US and Obama. I'm very curious because it seems like you know more than just about every Russia and Baltic scholar in the world.

Thinktank - is that supposed to be ironic?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

techrtr wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 8:10 am I think all Russian athletes should be banned from international competition ...Alex Ovechkin openly supports Putin.
Hey wait.

Our government told 30,000 law abiding truckers their life and their ability to feed their families is over - because they're fired, unless they get the arm additive from Pfizer that Britain and Denmark banned because of proof - it's deadly for some people.

And you said this:
techrtr wrote: So, the protest is stupid, the truckers are stupid, and their supporters are stupid. Average Canadians do not support the protests
Now you want to destroy Ovechkin, that chose to play in USA and promote an American league - the NHL - for supporting a president that 3/4 of earth supports?

- stop it.

techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Thinktank wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 2:21 pm
techrtr wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 8:10 am I think all Russian athletes should be banned from international competition ...Alex Ovechkin openly supports Putin.
Hey wait.

Our government told 30,000 law abiding truckers their life and their ability to feed their families is over - because they're fired, unless they get the arm additive from Pfizer that Britain and Denmark banned because of proof - it's deadly for some people.

And you said this:
techrtr wrote: So, the protest is stupid, the truckers are stupid, and their supporters are stupid. Average Canadians do not support the protests
Now you want to destroy Ovechkin, that chose to play in USA and promote an American league - the NHL - for supporting a president that 3/4 of earth supports?

- stop it.

Bull, and what does that have to do with Ukraine? The livelihood of 30,000 truckers was never threatened. If that was the case, why weren't there 30,000 trucks on Parliament HIll? Oh wait, they were being driven by their drivers who were making a living which is what the hosers in Ottawa should have been doing. I wasn't going to say it but I assumed you are a truck convoy, anti vax supporter from your choice of words. Sorry dude, you have no credibility except among the tinfoil hat brigade - certainly not among intelligent, well educated, worldly folk who aren't cult bound. Equating Russia with the US is asinine beyond belief and is indicative of a woefully simplistic or complete false world view.
Dead right
Board Meister

Post by Dead right »

techrtr wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 2:59 pm Equating Russia with the US is asinine beyond belief
I don't do this much but some things are special.

:up:
Mazdatruck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Mazdatruck »

Dead right wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 8:32 am Russia should be banned from all international events period, sports, arts, entertainment, on and on They need to understand that their actions will have far reaching implications. The rule should be the same for all countries that invade another without a collective agreement with the rest of the world.
The country Russia, or all Russians?

Russia = not collective punishment.

All Russians = collective punishment.

Should you (the poster Dead Right) answer for Justin Trudeau choices?

How should the United States (and thus every American citizen) be punished for their illegal wars, invasions, torture camps and most recently blowing up the Nord Stream Pipeline and canceling out the last 25 years of global recycling efforts in 2 afternoons? The United states killed 200,000 - 400,000 women and children in Iraq - how should they pay for that?
65deluxe
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 65deluxe »

Punish Russian athletes because their leader? LOL. Sure, but along the same lines we should also punish those who voted trudope and biden.
"The most powerful governments in the world can't solve homelessness.
But they can change the earths temperature if you pay more taxes."
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote: Feb 23rd, 2023, 10:27 am
75% of the people on earth support - not the slaughter - but they support Putin,
Do you have a link to any proof of that or just spouting BS out your behind again?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bigbacardi
Übergod

Post by Bigbacardi »

Guilty by association?
Really?
Cause I may associate with some " fairly lower rung" people.
And should I be responsible fir someone else's actions?
I think not.
There may be extenuating circumstances that suggest otherwise, but as a general rule, I think
Remember, you are unique......Just like everybody else...
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

The Ukrainian Canadian Congress has asked the Canadian govt to refuse Alex Ovechkin permission to travel to Canada.
Alexandra Chyczij, National President of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. “The resources of the Free World must be marshalled in the defence of Ukraine’s liberty. If Putin succeeds with his assault on Ukraine, the light of freedom in Europe may be extinguished for a generation.”
How can she lie? How does she know Europe will have no freedom if Russia wins?

Simple - she's a liar. Lawyer.

So I did some research to see if Ovechkin has pictures on his social media supporting Putin.
I looked through hundreds of pictures - hundreds - on his Facebook page and no Putin.

Literally hundreds of pictures - the guy loves hockey more than anyone. But none of Putin.

Return to “World”